Texas May Allow Warfarin (Rat Poison) as Hog Bait

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5417
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Texas May Allow Warfarin (Rat Poison) as Hog Bait   February 22nd 2017, 12:34 pm

KAPUT Feral Hog Lure is a lethal bait being considered as a remedy to the hog problem.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fearing-feral-hog-apocalypse-texas-announces-drastic-measures/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17&yptr=yahoo

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14688
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Texas May Allow Warfarin (Rat Poison) as Hog Bait   February 22nd 2017, 12:36 pm

This is stupid! Everything will get into it, not just hogs.

Throwing food down the drain really pisses me off. Such a huge wealth of a food source just to be poisoned off.

If hogs are such a problem, maybe TX should make it mandatory for ranchers to let hunters onto their property for hog removal. Along with TX ridding the exotic hog fee they charge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Texas May Allow Warfarin (Rat Poison) as Hog Bait   February 23rd 2017, 6:32 am

Many of those big time Texas ranchers lease their land  to hunters.  The hunters set up lots of feeders that attract wild hogs:  Then most hunters refuse to shoot hogs.  

You can trap wild hogs or feed wild hogs, you can't do both.   i've stopped feeding and raising hogs that get trap shy.   Got a bunch of snares coming in the mail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark1945

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Texas May Allow Warfarin (Rat Poison) as Hog Bait   February 23rd 2017, 6:47 pm

I don't know where you got that most hunters in Texas refuse to shoot hogs .Its a year round thing down here in South Texas . We shoot tons of them .Ive got night vision on 1 of my AR's spend many a night setting in a blind shooting them .

Cabelas 58 cal Hawken             Colt Navy 36 cal                     Pietta 1863 Remington pocket rev 31 cal
Pedersoli Kodiak 58 cal             CVA 58 Cal. Mountain Rifle      Classic Arms Co 44 Cal New Orleans Ace
CVA 45 Cal Derringer               TC Renegade 54cal                 Navy Arms Co. Pietta 12 gauge double
Pedersoli 12 gauge double        Traditions Crockett 32 cal        2 Traditions Mountain Rifles 50 cal
Pietta 1851 Conf Navy 44
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Texas May Allow Warfarin (Rat Poison) as Hog Bait   February 23rd 2017, 7:46 pm

Quote :
 I don't know where you got that most hunters in Texas refuse to shoot hogs
 Should have said:  Most deer hunters refuse to shoot hogs.  That's a fact.   They don't want to miss a chance at the big buck.  

Bubba and his crowd are still releasing wild hogs.    Few days ago i caught three 100 pound Poland China pigs in a trap.   They had recently been released.   i've caught hogs in  my traps with  rings in their noses.   Hogs with rings in their noses will not survive long in the wild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas May Allow Warfarin (Rat Poison) as Hog Bait   

Back to top Go down

Texas May Allow Warfarin (Rat Poison) as Hog Bait
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: