Share | 

Micro / subcompact pistol maintainence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoexBlackhorn

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2015-12-17

PostSubject: Micro / subcompact pistol maintainence   March 16th 2017, 7:53 am

Anyone here been using grease on the slides and hood of their pocket pistols? With summer approaching and using the sub-compacts in my front pocket, I'm concerned that even my top-rated gun oils at home may seep and enter-in my pockets / girls purses.
BTW.... I am not the light oiler that only uses a drop here and a drop there. I am more like Hickok45........ my handguns are a wee-bit wet when re-assembling them.

So I've tossed around the idea of using very little oil and adding more grease as the weather starts showing signs of warming up, yet realize the actions on these micro conceal carries are not like that of 1911s, which the Grease Crowd seems to use a-lot on.

Also my wife and two grown girls are all getting their CPL/CCW carry licenses in another month and they will be carrying their mini pistols in their purses.

Guess who's been asked to clean, maintain and oil all these guns?....... dear ol' dad / husband...... me. I don't want them complaining about oil in their purses. So the idea of going full-throttle into grease exists right now. But can these tiny guns (738 / LCP / P32 / Pico....etc) with weaker actions handle the thicker grease without issues?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattRaymond

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Micro / subcompact pistol maintainence   March 16th 2017, 1:12 pm

I use slide grease on my Kahr PM45. It seems to like it. Before I retired, I used it as my off-duty piece. When I was using oil, I noticed that carrying it vertical in a holster, the oil would run out of it and it would  get dry often, and lead to issues. Since switching to the grease, the action always has lube on it, is slicker than snot, and runs perfectly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Micro / subcompact pistol maintainence   March 16th 2017, 6:22 pm

I use just a tab of gun grease on an end of a toothpick to place on the front edge of the rail. The slide picks up the grease and carries over the rest of the slide.
I do it for my Kahr P45, S&W Shield, and have used it on many guns over the years.

Any grease left over and I use it as a "mousse" in my hair. Very Happy
Ron

FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14469
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Micro / subcompact pistol maintainence   March 16th 2017, 6:30 pm

Ron calls that stuff " Never Dull" Keeps its shine all day long! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Micro / subcompact pistol maintainence   

Back to top Go down

Micro / subcompact pistol maintainence
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: