Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado   April 16th 2017, 9:05 am

Went to the small gathering called Colonial Play Days, hosted by a fine couple who are involved with the Ft. Lupton Muzzleloading Association.
The event was very small and intimate and was held near Platteville, CO on the Eastern Plains of Colorado, The Farm/ranch overlooks Long's Peak, a 14,000 ft mountain (I've reached just over 13,000 ft on Long's Peak, but there were too many people and not enough oxygen to permit me to scramble over the boulders and make it to the peak).

There was good banter with good people, a bit of shooting, and great buffalo stew and sausage with sauerkraut. My low salt diet was sacrificed to the outstanding food.

I had been notified some time ago to bring food for a pot luck meal and to bring a chair for myself. Of course I didn't check my old email about there sthings and showed up with nothing, zilch, diddly. Now I know the assumed responsibilities of attendees. Next time, I will bring the favorites dishes of dairy and cattle raisers -  tofu, soy milk and other vegan fare. OK, just kidding.

The couple who own the property are farmers/ranchers with a small raw milk dairy herdshare program, and raise Registered Merino sheep.
Happy Easter,
Ron

Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado   April 16th 2017, 12:18 pm

Sounds like a great time.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado   April 16th 2017, 4:34 pm

Yep....sounds like fun!.......if I was a 1,000 miles closer! Smile

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5410
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado   April 16th 2017, 7:31 pm

@RonC wrote:
I had been notified some time ago to bring food for a pot luck meal and to bring a chair for myself. Of course I didn't check my old email about there sthings and showed up with nothing, zilch, diddly.

Aha! One of those freeloaders, huh? Wink

You must be like my brother-in-law who shows up every Saturday to visit and eats everything in sight but never brings anything with.
I really don't mind because he came to see me in the hospital almost every day and he did give me nice Gerber folder for Christmas. lol!

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado   April 16th 2017, 9:14 pm

Now, Bob, just send me your address so I know where to go for free food! Very Happy 

My brother did something similar to what your brother in law did. He came up from his home on St. Croix in the Virgin Islands to assist for 3 weeks when I returned home from the heart surgery. Fortunately, he is a light eater. Laughing 
Ron

patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5410
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado   April 17th 2017, 9:55 am

We had a good time when we went to St. Croix ... except for the sideways landing at the airport.  pale

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado   

Back to top Go down

Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: