Share | 

Pedisoli Rifle Muskets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clyde

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Pedisoli Rifle Muskets   May 13th 2017, 11:47 am

Does anybody have any experience with these reproductions  ?  Specifically either the Enfield or the Cook& Brothers.  Looking for the proper Minie doing some research it appears they like the .577 two groove thick base but any first hand experience would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pedisoli Rifle Muskets   May 14th 2017, 8:47 pm

I am familiar with Parker Hale Enfields. One of the finest Civil War reproductions available. My response would be to start with, if you intend to do a Confederate impression with your choices? Then I would say to narrow it down, you might choose a particular unit and then discover if either one of those would be period correct for that impression. If you merely want to shoot a Civil War musket as I recall the "two ring" .577 mini was the common round for the .58 cal, Confederate muskets. If hunting is your aim, I always commented while teaching muzzle loading section of hunter's ed that a Civil War musket is an excellent choice for elk, especially in inclement weather......really didn't answer what you were asking....but wanted to give you something!  t up

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pedisoli Rifle Muskets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: