Golden Aspen near Silverton, Colorado Sept 2015 by Sharps Man, on Flickr

cheers :suhlute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 16th 2017, 9:49 am

Rode the train...found an antique Schefield folding draw knife.....took photos......rode the train back to Durango....yep pretty cool town! t up

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 16th 2017, 10:04 am

Over the years I've ridden it 14 times! Always enjoy it. Always ride the 'open car' for taking photos!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot 1

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 16th 2017, 11:21 am

What is the matter with Louisiana?

I was thinking of Rifle or Steam Boat Springs. Have a chance to go back to Colorado but I don't really care for it there. Wanting to go to Minnesota.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 16th 2017, 12:40 pm

We rode the train in 1890's period clothing. I miss Colorado....the land, mountains, rivers lakes...etc, but not the Loony Left that has taken over........I'm afraid I'd get lynched if I lived there after being gone these 12 years.  Guess I'll stay in "Free America" :suhlute

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 16th 2017, 12:59 pm

Stay in the small towns and it's still old school.

You'd have to be nuts to live anywhere near Denver or the Springs.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 16th 2017, 1:01 pm

oneshot 1 wrote:

I was thinking of Rifle or Steam Boat Springs. Have a chance to go back to Colorado but I don't really care for it there. Wanting to go to Minnesota.

oneshot

Louisiana is a FREE STATE....but no mountains!

If I owned Hell and Minnesota.....I'd rent out Minnesota and live in Hell!! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 17th 2017, 9:27 am

Bear Claw wrote:
Stay in the small towns and it's still old school.

You'd have to be nuts to live anywhere near Denver or the Springs.

You got that right!!

Nowhere on the eastern slope!! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 17th 2017, 1:44 pm

Colorado Springs is, and has been, the most conservative location in the State. As the second largest city in the State, it balances the very liberal Denver and Boulder. The large bulk of the Western Slope is conservative.
At one time, Colorado Springs had the largest number of headquarters of conservative religious organizations in the USA.
So, it is hard to identify the state as having a single, monolithic political bent.
Ron

Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 17th 2017, 1:50 pm

The gun laws and ban of the spring bear hunt were easily voted in and didn't all come from Denver.

It's not all political. It's also the tree huggers.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot 1

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 19th 2017, 9:49 am

Well I lived in Salida back in the '80's. I've heard how bad it has changed.

My Sister in Law wants us to come to Colorado Springs.

I like Louisiana. Got Spanish Moss and Gators. My kids didn't like eating Rice and Catfish 3X a day. LOL

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot 1

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 19th 2017, 9:55 am

Sharpsman wrote:
oneshot 1 wrote:

oneshot

Louisiana is a FREE STATE....but no mountains!

If I owned Hell and Minnesota.....I'd rent out Minnesota and live in Hell!! affraid

I'm wanting to go to Minnesota for mainly Bear.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   May 19th 2017, 10:06 am

oneshot 1 wrote:
Well I lived in Salida back in the '80's. I've heard how bad it has changed.

oneshot

Doesn't surprise me. I never go there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   July 28th 2017, 4:10 pm

I have lived in Colorado for over 45 years, hunted all over the state, traveled all over the state pushing the state muzzleloading association and then moved when the gov. started his crap in 2007. Colorado like many other states has seen growth, higher housing prices, triple the traffic, and more gun laws being pushed. CA folks moving in and trying to put in place rules from their old state in the new one (what the hell is wrong with them that's why the left their home state)?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   July 30th 2017, 9:19 pm

RonC wrote:
Colorado Springs is, and has been, the most conservative location in the State. As the second largest city in the State, it balances the very liberal Denver and Boulder. The large bulk of the Western Slope is conservative.
At one time, Colorado Springs had the largest number of headquarters of conservative religious organizations in the USA.
So, it is hard to identify the state as having a single, monolithic political bent.
Ron

Now lets not forget Trindad CO Ron, for those that don't know this town is famous world wide as the "Transvestite Capital of the World".  Daily sex changes were really big business in the late 70's and 80's.

A funny story.

Met an older gentleman with a thick German tone, he was selling beautiful brain tan hides at a gun show in Denver. After talking to him and finding him very interesting with his war stories, work career and current business I made arrangements to visit his tannery. At the time I purchased one of his elk hides to show buckskinner friends.

A small group of us go to Trindad Colorado (south of Colo. Spgs.) to visit Ott Grubbe at his factory. He was a pilot for the Nazis near the end of the war at only 17 years of age flying one of the little light planes taking pictures of our lines.

The US put out flyers with a reward for anyone that would bring one of these planes into our territory. After thinking about this for sometime, his family had been killed by the Nazis and their positions taken. Ott was raised in a German Youth Camp then was put into service.

With this background it was easy to collect his reward by flying the spy plane into the American held area. He spent time being questioned and finally released, paid as the flyer stated, relocated to a German community in Chicago and provided a job.  With his background and schooling in America while working for RCA he developed the "backlite" material compound. RCA jumped on this discovery using it for the cases on radios, telephones and everything possible. Working for RCA and developing this product he received nothing for his discovery other than an advancement with his job.

While walking around his plant which is several floors of equipment and piles of hides every where in different stages of being tanned. It was noticed that he employed a large number of folks doing different jobs. One member in our party was an old divorce and picked up on most of these people as being stocky women. He kind of liked this one person and mentioned it during lunch commenting she had a 5 o'clock shadow.  I damn near fell of of the booth when another member of the party informed Bill she was a guy "You dumb ass your in the Transvestite Capital of the World".  :tdown2  headslap

Back to top Go down
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   July 31st 2017, 3:08 am

Stanley Biber, a hometown boy who became a general surgeon did his first sex-assignment surgery at Mount San Rafael, Trinidad’s only hospital in 1969. Biber set aside his scalpel in 2003 — when the eighty-year-old doctor could no longer find insurance. He estimated that he’d performed some 6,000 sex-reassignment operations there. So, Trinidad has lost its reputation for trans-gender operations. Of course that means the demise of the transgender community that developed in that town.
Fame and glory(?) is so fleeting.
Ron

conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   July 31st 2017, 6:43 am

RonC wrote:
Stanley Biber, a hometown boy who became a general surgeon did his first sex-assignment surgery at Mount San Rafael, Trinidad’s only hospital in 1969. Biber set aside his scalpel in 2003 — when the eighty-year-old doctor could no longer find insurance. He estimated that he’d performed some 6,000 sex-reassignment operations there. So, Trinidad has lost its reputation for trans-gender operations. Of course that means the demise of the transgender community that developed in that town.
Fame and glory(?) is so fleeting.
Ron

Stanley caused some interesting "sex-reassignment operations" (reassignments cracks me up). Ron your a piece of work, you can put a smile on our faces every time to comment. Yes it was a hard earned reputation for trans-genders in Trinidad back in those days.

We were in route to Model (small town built from flood houses in Denver) to visit a couple friends that lived on the 2nd largest cattle ranch in the state near Model. Stopped in Trinidad for gas, across the street from the gas station is a crowd, police car and two guys fighting (both covered in blood). Gary goes over to see what's going on, later he told me he asked the cop "why don't you break this up". The officer's reply was "those two bitches are always having problems. I'll arrest the winner". That was enough for my friend coming back to the car laughing, he thought the officer was a trans-gender also.
Needless to say we never stopped in Trinidad again. Slap fight

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of my....   

Back to top Go down

One of my....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Lodge! :: The Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: