View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    June 3rd 2017, 1:21 pm

This is neat for a bow hunter but has drawbacks with the cost of the arrows.

Pioneer Airbow   -   $999.00

*CROSMAN.COM EXCLUSIVE: Includes 6 bonus arrows for a total of 9 arrows!
The Pioneer Airbow from Benjamin is an all-new category of big game weapon featuring full length arrows and full weight broadheads, all driven by air. Based on Benjamin’s proven American-made PCP platform, the Pioneer can be cocked with two fingers (and decocked just as easily), fires 8 shots in the same amount of time it takes to fire three from a crossbow, all up to a blazing 450 FPS / 160 FPE. At 33.5" in length and just 2" wide, no crossbow can match the maneuverability of the Pioneer. The ambidextrous top cocking bolt can be easily operated with two fingers and is also used to de-cock the weapon, making it particularly easy to use in tree stands and ideal for archery enthusiasts who can no long draw a bow or pull a cocking rope. The superb shot placement capability of the Pioneer comes from the unique method of propelling the arrow. Arrows are pulled from the front rather than pushed from the rear as with crossbows, resulting in remarkably tighter shot groupings. No Archer’s Paradox, canting or other disturbances result in 2” groups at 50 yards. Included are three Airbow Arrows with nano ceramic Victory ICE™ coating for increased speed, greater penetration and easier retrieval. Benjamin Airbow arrows are 375 grain (includes 100gr field tip), hand-fletched helical vanes and feature a unique spine alignment for top level performance. The pressure gauge for the air reservoir is located at the front of reservoir. Included adaptor is inserted into the reservoir just behind the gauge, connected to your fill solution (tank or pump) and easily filled. The Pioneer features an integrated pressure regulator that ensures consistent velocities.

Last edited by conner on October 9th 2017, 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
jeager106

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2017-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    July 30th 2017, 12:00 pm

Airbow = yuk!

Not even close to archery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    July 30th 2017, 6:07 pm

There was a story, that I cannot verify its veracity, of a Missouri family who used .410 shotguns to shoot arrows during bow season. They allegedly emptied out the shot and placed a nock-less arrow in the shell, inserted it into the break-action shotgun and killed deer that way.
The story goes that only the minor children hunted this way so there would be little or no penalty if caught.

The Crosman Airbow sounds similar. :tdown2

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    July 30th 2017, 8:15 pm

Got to shoot one of the Pioneer Airbow from Benjamin this past weekend at Cabelas, pretty neat setup. 

Benjamin makes an air rifle on the same concept in .375 cal. and .45 cal. that's legal to hunt with according to their Rep.  cowyboy hatoff

Back to top Go down
csitas

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2017-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 1st 2017, 7:20 pm

These thing s might be neat but, I'll bet you have a hard time using them in an archery season. I live in Wisconsin and I know you better not get caught out in the woods with it.Most stated that I know of would not allow it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 1st 2017, 8:36 pm

csitas wrote:
These thing s might be neat but, I'll bet you have a hard time using them in an archery season. I live in Wisconsin and I know you better not get caught out in the woods with it.Most stated that I know of would not allow it.

These units are legal in several southern states as well as in several of the Midwest states, Colorado and Utah have them on the books of the DOW for approval next year according to Cabelas.

Back to top Go down
csitas

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 1st 2017, 8:58 pm

well I will say one thing, how bad do you want to kill a deer? Do we not have enough better mouse traps now? The white tail  is smart ,but , come on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csitas

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 1st 2017, 9:17 pm

Hey  if people are hungry, help them . God put animals on this earth for one reason , to help humanity, not the DNR.No need to get the kids in trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14516
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 1st 2017, 9:27 pm

oh theres no way  colorado will allow it for bow season lol. Rifle season maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 2nd 2017, 12:18 pm

FrontierGander wrote:
oh theres no way  colorado will allow it for bow season lol. Rifle season maybe.

Right like muzzleloading season was originally setup for traditional only weapons, now who has the most funds gets their product thrown into this season too .... ear bug

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14516
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 2nd 2017, 12:25 pm

Bow hunters are still waiting to be able to use their cross bows. Shoot, they wont even allow us to use that devise that holds your bow pre-cocked and ready to go lol. They think cross bows can shoot longer ranges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
csitas

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 2nd 2017, 6:36 pm

Conner has the right idea here.All you have to do anymore is ----buy your way in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 3rd 2017, 10:08 am

csitas wrote:
Conner has the right idea here.All you have to do anymore is ----buy your way in.

I was the President of The Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association when in-line muzzle loaders became available.

http://www.csmla.net/ 

Our muzzle loading season stated traditional only PERIOD.

The DOW talked about a special season for the in-lines, costs were being gathered.
Then Strum Ruger entered in this new found area an throw a big piles of funds to get the two styles weapons in one season, it was called a donation. With in a few months anyone making in-lines or thinking about building them made donations. $$$$$  All about money as usual, the special hunting season went out the window.

This is what will happen with these air arrow shooting guns, more manufacturers will develop their models and join the party. Many started building air rifles after they saw how well Benjamin was doing with their line.  This has just started or could be lining up under the table (just not coming to light yet). Remember its all about bucks, our options don't matter. $$$$$

Back to top Go down
csitas

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 3rd 2017, 11:13 am

Conner, I'm also a regular bowhunter for almost 50 years. I live and hunt  in Wisconsin. We have a very strong bowhunters asso. We fought the crossbows off for 5 years and money finally won out. I'll quarntee you anit no air bow gonna make it here.They been around a couple of years now. I could be wrong but, I don't think they have that much of a following. It was mentioned earlier about an arrow and a 410. I won't buy that , ever hear of a bore obstruction?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 3rd 2017, 5:49 pm

These things aren't bows and they aren't guns. There's no historical record of them and they cost a lot.
I predict they will go the way of the Gyrojet rocket-powered ammo pistol of the '60s. The ammo was solid fuel attached to the base of the bullet. No cartridge cases.

Twisted Evil

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 3rd 2017, 7:26 pm

patocazador wrote:
These things aren't bows and they aren't guns. There's no historical record of them and they cost a lot.
I predict they will go the way of the Gyrojet rocket-powered ammo pistol of the '60s. The ammo was solid fuel attached to the base of the bullet. No cartridge cases.

Twisted Evil
A few years ago in American Riflemen there was an editor note that the FBI was worried about this system getting into the wrong hands. The military has been playing with this type of system for several years, so much for reloading with no cases.

Back to top Go down
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 3rd 2017, 7:46 pm

AIR RIFLES - TARGET SHOOTING
I have a competition Benjamin air rifle that uses this same system as the airbow. The rules state the rifle or pistol can't cost more than $500 so the guns have to be purchased through the NRA Marksmenship Program who get a deal on them then pass that onto the NRA member that shoots this coarse. Without their help the guns go over the rule of no more than $500. At the coarse distance of 33 feet with the standard sights you'll be amazed at the groups. A 18 year old girl on our team shoots 10 shot groups of one hole that measures .181 with using .177 pellets. Even at my age I'm amazed at my groups from .201 to .213 for a 10 shot group, that's not bragging that's how good these rifles fit and feel plus super clear sight pictures.

AIR RIFLES - HUNTING
Same setup as target rifle but it shoots either a .35, .45, .50 diameter bullet for hunting. Yes some of the states have made them legal already, like said its $$$$$.  This may be a new purchase to consider....

Napoleon had a standing rule about crossbows and air rifles, death to those that had them or carried them. He was afraid of those with such weapons.

Back to top Go down
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 3rd 2017, 8:21 pm

"At the coarse distance of 33 feet with the standard sights you'll be amazed at the groups. A 18 year old girl on our team shoots 10 shot groups of one hole that measures .181 with using .177 pellets. "

I can't get excited about good groups at 11 yards distance (33').   Sleep

Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 4th 2017, 4:49 am

patocazador wrote:
"At the coarse distance of 33 feet with the standard sights you'll be amazed at the groups. A 18 year old girl on our team shoots 10 shot groups of one hole that measures .181 with using .177 pellets. "

I can't get excited about good groups at 11 yards distance (33').   Sleep

World wide standards. cheers  This is like threading a needle after the first shot. cyclops

Back to top Go down
csitas

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 4th 2017, 10:41 am

Off hand --iron sights  most of us "shooters" would be hard pressed to stay in one hole. For that matter say a quarter size hole. say ten shots, I'll cut that to five.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 4th 2017, 11:36 am

csitas wrote:
Off hand --iron sights  most of us "shooters" would be hard pressed to stay in one hole. For that matter say a quarter size hole. say ten shots, I'll cut that to five.

That is correct, folks came to Cabelas (Lehi store) to watch young shooters (our future) shoot some targets.

We had a moving tap behind each target to show the number of shots fired, that got rid of any questions. cheers

On the side of the indoor range we had one shooting lane setup for those that thought it wasn't a big deal. When the viewers tried to shoot a good target off hand at this distance the best targets for 10 shots had trouble covering them with a half dollar at best.  And these guys we knew and are good shots on game. What a Face   Rolling Eyes

This distance doesn't sound like anything until you try it. Then you'll be hooked when you see what these young shooters and older shooters can do when compared to what you just shot.  Embarassed

Back to top Go down
csitas

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 4th 2017, 1:39 pm

Conner, I learned a long time ago. If you want to eat humble pie just start bragging how well you can shoot. You can eat a really big piece on something this close and easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    September 5th 2017, 6:34 am

csitas wrote:
Conner, I learned a long time ago. If you want to eat humble pie just start bragging how well you can shoot. You can eat a really big piece on something this close and easy.

I worked with a retired Sgt. Major at Cabelas, he got us interested in his instructions he taught at several of the ROTC programs in Salt Lake. Marksmenship at a National Level, his air rifle teams are always in World Class matches - in the winners circles most of the time. George doesn't say much about his kids skills other than the girls are better shots than the young men. All of us have experienced that one in various hobbies or events. The main reason is the females listen, the male counter parts know it all and thus aren't as good with lack of paying attention. The thing that stands out to me is how humble these kids are when they win National Matches. We had a 33 foot target shot at the 2015 National Air Rifle Matches in Washington DC hanging in the Gun Library at Cabelas. A (10) shot group with the tape showing the holes, .177 caliber that measures .179 diameter shot by a 17 year old female that our Sgt. Major instructed. Talk about a proud guy as was all the employees that met or know this fine young lady. No Humble Pie here. :tup2   t up

Back to top Go down
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    October 9th 2017, 7:06 pm

conner wrote:
The young lady that shot a (10) shot group with the tape showing the holes, .177 caliber that measures .179 diameter shot by a 17 year old that was instructed by the Sgt. Major.

The Sgt. Major, the young lady and myself went to the range today and got her interested in traditional muzzle loaders. After a half dozen shots she's hooked and loading her own gun (my rifle). Give her a few outings and the guys in Utah will need to step up their game because Cindy is on the firing line. :tup2

Her father talked to the guys in the Gun Library and last heard was buying a Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken Rifle in .50 caliber for the kid's birthday. How nice is that WOW. :rtup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles    

Back to top Go down

Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Bow Hunters :: Bow Hunters Forum-
Jump to: