Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rifle Arrived Today - Problems Already - Minor ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
rowdyjoe

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Rifle Arrived Today - Problems Already - Minor ?   June 28th 2017, 6:13 pm

Yeeeeeee Hawwwwwww !!  Everything works great.  Accuracy is nothing to write home about yet but, I think it will come around with a bit of tinkering.  I was able to keep all shots on target at 50 yds but, it was difficult to get a good sight picture.  My trifocals are not focused for shooting with open sights and I need to get a pair of "shooting glasses" made.  
I had to cut my shooting session short today as my back is killing me.  I've had an ongoing issue with a torn ligament in my back and have been seeing a chiropractor.  I'll be going back to see him tomorrow thanks to the thumping this old smoke pole gave me today.  I'm glad I went but, am paying for it now.  Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rowdyjoe

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Rifle Arrived Today - Problems Already - Minor ?   July 8th 2017, 2:18 pm

I recently bought .495 balls (Hornady swaged).  I've tried .490 (Speer swaged) and I think they are not tight enough in bore with an .011" compressed patch.  I'll give the larger ones a try on my next trip to the range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rifle Arrived Today - Problems Already - Minor ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: