HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Today Is D Day: 6 June, 1944 Normandy Invasion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Today Is D Day: 6 June, 1944 Normandy Invasion   June 6th 2017, 6:17 am

Two uncles by marriage were present on D Day.  One was in the second wave of troops at Omaha Beach.   He said it was impossible to run on the beach with out stepping on bodies of troops from the first wave.  The other uncle by marriage  was an assault boat driver. 

A first cousin in the 101st Airborne Division died in St. Mere Eglise on D-Day.

My late buddy George Berry, of the Winnipeg Rifles, was in the first wave of troops at Juno Beach.   This evening i will toast George with a snifter of Carleton Towers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Today Is D Day: 6 June, 1944 Normandy Invasion   June 6th 2017, 11:01 am

I think about all those kids quite often.....wondering what, if they could be brought back alive today to see how far left their country has gone and to ask them if 'they' thought their sacrifices had been worthwhile?? Sad There's no way that I can explain my revulsion with today's political climate and I won't even watch the news to have to listen to all the 'liberal clap-trap' that the MSM tries to pound into the ears of essentially a portion of a stupid and unpatriotic electorate! Several of my older friends made that 'tour of duty'.....a few of their buddies didn't even make it out of the landing craft! I was honored to have had the ones that survived as my mentors as I was growing up! I pray for all their souls each and every day! :suhlute :tup2
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Today Is D Day: 6 June, 1944 Normandy Invasion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: