Share | 

TC Omega Z5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sgt Recoil

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-10-11

PostSubject: TC Omega Z5    June 12th 2017, 2:46 am

Well another great deal on an inline crossed my path that I just couldn't pass up.
A TC Omega Z5 with thumbhole stock. It's in near mint condition. When I first got into muzzleloader shooting (2005) I was eyeing these up as they were new back then but I went with a TC Endevour instead just because of the versatility. I'll see how the T-hole stock goes and maybe later switch to a Boyd's stock. As for optics probably another Nikon. And for loads, I have a good supply of 240gr .44 XTP and Pyrodex RS.
I'll update with my range results compared to my other inlines.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1750
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: TC Omega Z5    July 9th 2017, 7:33 am

I had a purchased a Laminated Boyd stock with a LimbSaver butt pad for an Omega I had.  They are "heavy stocks", nice but heavy.  One item that was concerning, not a big deal, but confusing to me.  They install two sling swivel studs on the forearm.  When I installed the stock the ramrod would catch on the first stud because the threads were too long and protruded into the ramrod channel.  I called them but they had no idea and didn't have a shorter stud to replace it with.  I went and purchased a 3/8" swivel stud and everything was fine.  Just a heads up if you go to buy a Boyd stock.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt Recoil

PostSubject: Re: TC Omega Z5    August 24th 2017, 5:52 am

A quick update.
I just bought a brand new Nikon Inline XR (silver) that will replace the Nikon Omega scope that's on my TC Endeavour (Pro-Hunter) and I'll mount the Omega on the Omega Z5.
Still no chance to take it to the range, being deployed sucks.
  lol!

As for the Boyds stock Smokin 'Joe, I think I'll just stick with the t-hole syn for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1750
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: TC Omega Z5    August 24th 2017, 6:31 am

There's nothing wrong with the T-hole syn stock from my perspective.  It's comfortable and light weight.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skoger

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: Re: TC Omega Z5    September 2nd 2017, 8:33 pm

I have 2 Omegas, a Z5 and a Realtree edtition. both are tackdrivers with b2ffg black, or BH 209! I have  both mine set up with Nikon Inline XR300, with real world bdc's for muzzleloaders, with crosshair dead on at 100, the other BDC's are all within 1" of the correct elevation in 50yd intervals. I have taken 15 deer with these two rifles, here in KY and in Nebraska mule deer hunting. I am a die hard traditional ML fan, shot them for years on a local, state and national level, still love them, but the Omega platform has just been a outstanding performing platform for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt Recoil

PostSubject: Re: TC Omega Z5    September 11th 2017, 10:08 pm

Skoger,
What are you using for a projectile?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skoger

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: Re: TC Omega Z5    September 12th 2017, 5:44 pm

I use Harvester Brand Plastic tip,  .451,300gr. jacketed in a black crush rib sabot. I have taken several deer with the .260 grain, but the .300 shoots better, less wind drift, and does devastating damage, penetrates like you would not believe. I shot a #220 mulie facing me last year, at 190yds, in the chest, blew out all the vitals and exited the ham! That is penetrating 5 foot of meat and bone! I have shot 6 deer over 150yds with this slug, 179, 190, 225, 259,  and forget the others, none took over 2 steps, most dropped at the shot!! you can order these direct from them, just google the name, and call them it is a 1-800#, 50 of the PT copper jacketed slugs ar $26 or so, and 50 sabots 8.95$$. I ordered some for myself and 3 buddies, who I have converted the last week, all shooting TC's, a Omega, Encore and Triump, all basically the same barrel, with different bottom ends welded on, and breech block types. Every one of these rifles would shoot a ragged hole at 100yds for 3 shots, and 3 inches or less, at 300yds, with BH 209 and this bullet, user regular shotgun primers, not the ML shotgun primers. These rifles also shoot black powder very well, but the long range velocity and power nod goes to the BH 209. You can email me anytime, for more info, samkoger10x@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TC Omega Z5    

Back to top Go down

TC Omega Z5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: