View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores   September 27th 2017, 10:09 am

They put that store in the right place. I think south LA has more hunters/capita than anyplace. Those Cajuns especially like to duck and goose hunt. 

I have a friend from Slidell, LA and he would rather hunt "docks" rather than deer. He also managed to get quite a few hogs while duck hunting the bayous.
The Cajuns speak a type of bastard French. They call a coot a "poule d'eau" (water chicken) and a bluebill or scaup a "doh gris" (gray back). There are only 2 types of ducks as far as they are concerned, doh gris and French ducks. The French ducks are puddle ducks like mallards, pintails, and gadwalls (gray ducks) and are considered the best eating.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores   September 27th 2017, 10:17 am

Little Cajun boy was walking down the road one day when a fellow stopped his car and asked him...."Son...what you got there?" Reply back was "Dis is a chicken hawk!" The guy asked him...."Well....what you gonna do wit dat chicken hawk?" The little boy said "I'm gonna eat him!" Oh...said the fellow....."Well...how do he taste?" Little boy said....."Oh...bout like owl!"

affraid Tease
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores   September 27th 2017, 10:30 am

That's right. Creoles and Cajuns have been known to eat "n----r geese" (cormorants) and garfish are a delicacy.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores   September 27th 2017, 10:34 am

@RonC wrote:
Then, Cabela's reneged on the planned store. They built the new store in Thorton, CO, about a 25 minute drive from Golden. The county (meaning us, the local taxpayers) were out multi-millions of dollars for an unnecessary interstate interchange. The land for the store and parking lot, mostly owned by Coors, lays empty.  Ron
I was scheduled to go to that location as a manager in the Gun Library before Coors changed the contract with Cabela's Real Estate. The changes what ever they were killed the deal, thank you Coors.

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Fishunt

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores   September 27th 2017, 8:08 pm

I have very fond memories of Fort Polk La. Back in 1968. Well, "very", might be a stretch!!

Glenn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores   September 28th 2017, 6:24 am

@Fishunt wrote:
I have very fond memories of Fort Polk La. Back in 1968. Well, "very", might be a stretch!!

Glenn

Glenn many of us have the same memories of these training areas, yes "might be a stretch"... lol!

Have you watched this new Vietnam series it brings back bad memories. Even the VA cautions Ken Burns on this documentary on the Vietnam War on this morning news. Cool  

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores   September 28th 2017, 7:00 am

conner wrote:
@RonC wrote:
Then, Cabela's reneged on the planned store. They built the new store in Thorton, CO, about a 25 minute drive from Golden. The county (meaning us, the local taxpayers) were out multi-millions of dollars for an unnecessary interstate interchange. The land for the store and parking lot, mostly owned by Coors, lays empty.  Ron
I was scheduled to go to that location as a manager in the Gun Library before Coors changed the contract with Cabela's Real Estate. The changes what ever they were killed the deal, thank you Coors.
Good insider information. The whole transaction between Cabela's and Coors was not very transparent.
Ron

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores   

Back to top Go down

Gander Mountain Closes 32 Stores
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: