Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 9:34 am

Has been real quiet with "Muley", "Bear Claw", "Pete", "Meathead", "Whats-his-name" leaving the house.   Rolling Eyes   No fights, pissin' and moanin', nothing. Even KC and Ron have settled down, you don't realize what a mess that old man could stir up....  Slap fight

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14522
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 9:51 am

Did he run off to be a mountain man?  I've been wondering about Pete.

Im sitting here trying to figure out what flinter to order Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 10:57 am

What makers are you thinking about ?  Uberti, Pedersoli have closer to what the guns of the period looked like.

Most of them need to have the frizzen reharden for fast ignition. TC always had that issue as did many of the other flintlocks built in other countries. When still in the muzzleloading business we would get these rifles and pistols in trade, pull the frizzen and send them to Bill Large to be rehardened, that corrected the problem. Doc White has an oven and can do the same as Large use to do.

Back to top Go down
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 11:02 am

FrontierGander wrote:
Did he run off to be a mountain man?  I've been wondering about Pete.   Rolling Eyes

I remember his post about dressing up and playing the part. I would have loved to have had the chance to make him eat his words by taking him on some of the long treks, horesback and hard camps we have done over the last 30 years. Have seen more in-the-know guys quit half way through some of these outings.

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 11:09 am

Believe it or not, i was looking at a traditions PA pellet rifle ultra light, but the store is out of stock. I'll just hold off for now. I wanted to write an article for the guys in PA that use flinters and conicals and other stuff, but that will have to wait.

HAHAHA! Horses alone kill the mood pretty damn quick. Had 6 of them at different times and its just a real mood killer. Hunting on foot or even ATV can be hard on you. Get back to camp in the dark and then have to tend to the horses.... No thank you! When we get back to camp, its cook dinner, straighten out the gear, refill back packs and go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 2:31 pm

I been wondering about ole Muley myself. Some guy woke up to find a bear locked 
in his car. I wondered if that was Pete. Then I saw it was in North Carolina. Wink

http://abcnews.go.com 

But, I miss him, too. He is as hard to ignore as taking a piss on an electric fence. Shocked

And, I've been posting- See Game Cam posts. I just calmed it down a little as I failed to get much 
of a rise out of anybody. Figured I might be wearing on some people's nerves by posting so much. Embarassed

Plus, I have family visiting. I have these new game cams I want to get out in the woods and I can't shake free! 
It is bloody hot down here, too. Not much to report.

RonC might be traveling. He told me he would be. Sounded like a sweet trip, too. 
Glad he is more mobile.

PS. I am too young to need my frizzen re-hardened. Laughing

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA

Last edited by Kentucky Colonel on July 11th 2017, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 2:33 pm

FrontierGander wrote:
Believe it or not, i was looking at a traditions PA pellet rifle ultra light, but the store is out of stock. I'll just hold off for now. I wanted to write an article for the guys in PA that use flinters and conicals and other stuff, but that will have to wait.

HAHAHA! Horses alone kill the mood pretty damn quick. Had 6 of them at different times and its just a real mood killer. Hunting on foot or even ATV can be hard on you. Get back to camp in the dark and then have to tend to the horses.... No thank you! When we get back to camp, its cook dinner, straighten out the gear, refill back packs and go to bed.

I have had as many as 10 horses at one time, the larger the number the more time is spent tending horses. With 2 horses you can cover a lot of ground, see lots of game, but like you say "at night once back in camp the horses come first".  When still near Estes Park I would go out to feed at night, take my belt off put it around one of the horses neck and climb on bare back and head up into the hills to look at sign.  That was an easy way to look for game without the blankets, saddle and head gear.

Now its easier to use the truck to a point then walk.

Last edited by conner on July 14th 2017, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 2:35 pm

Kentucky Colonel wrote:

Want a bet ....

Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 11th 2017, 8:44 pm

conner wrote:
Kentucky Colonel wrote:

Want a bet ....

Nope. I am afraid I am unwilling to prove it in public to win the bet.  Tease

I feel sorry for you older fellas with your limp frizzens. clown 
I am glad there is help out there for you. I imagine flying dead stick 
would be no fun. LaughingLaughingLaughing
:Hide

NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 13th 2017, 10:25 am

Kentucky Colonel wrote:
conner wrote:
Kentucky Colonel wrote:

Want a bet ....

Nope. I am afraid I am unwilling to prove it in public to win the bet.  Tease

What's wrong broken frizzen spring ... ??  Question    No    confused

I feel sorry for you older fellas with your limp frizzens. clown 
I am glad there is help out there for you. I imagine flying dead stick 
would be no fun. LaughingLaughingLaughing
:Hide

Today KC there are fix's for most issues, its just mechanical now, air bags, enlargements, what ever your need.  "Harder, Longer, Wider, Lasting Power" you name it its available even over the Internet. Your desires are their cup of pee (scratch tea) ment tea.

affraid    Basketball    :wow    Doh

Back to top Go down
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 13th 2017, 6:19 pm

I am going to have to ask Connor to explain this business about limp frizzens to me. I am just so naďve. Embarassed Very Happy
My trip is at the end of the month. I haven't been very active on the site recently, but I will perk up my frizzen and tell about my shooting session with BigAl.
Ron

BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 13th 2017, 7:27 pm

Hey
Jonathan give me your opinion of that Traditions Penn Rifle in 50 cal. I was just over on the big time forum where all the big boys hang out and reading about that rifle. Im wondering why that one over the pedersoli?  Al

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 13th 2017, 9:29 pm

RonC wrote:
I am going to have to ask Connor to explain this business about limp frizzens to me. I am just so naďve. Embarassed Very Happy

Maybe BigAl can do a 'one on one' and explain this.    study   :shh

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 13th 2017, 10:32 pm

Pete will never leave his chair or AC unit  lol!
Back to top Go down
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 10:31 am

FrontierGander wrote:
Pete will never leave his chair or AC unit  lol!

That's what I figured.   cowyboy hatoff

He may make it to a National Park if there isn't to many people, doesn't want any parking lot marks on his Jeep.  :scucks  :Bat   Slap fight

Back to top Go down
BrownBear

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 11:03 am

Might be safe enough to sign back in again.

All that talk about limp frizzens had me worried.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 11:03 am

Wrong on all counts buttholes. I've got my stuff together and gave it a test for a few days in the mountains already. I'm leaving for good now.

You haven't seen my Jeep or you wouldn't say that conner. It's beat to shit now. I sold the top and doors awhile back and will be running topless year around now. Just like I said I would. I used the money I got for the top and doors to buy camping gear.

So, go ahead and keep ragging on me. I won't see it anymore city wimps.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 11:08 am

WAGH! He's been sitting in that ice cold apartment for the last week, hiding behind a screen with a logged off account I tell you! :Hide
Back to top Go down
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 11:23 am

Never said I wasn't. I had too much stuff to buy to leave the internet right away. I checked in to see what you clowns were saying. Even if I didn't go to the mountains I wasn't going to post on this forum anymore.

Anyway, you won't see me posting anywhere from now on. I'm packing up now. So long make believe mountain man.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 12:13 pm

Hope you stay safe, Pete. Come back when you come in to shower or hide from winter. 
We'll be thinking of you even if you are running around through the woods "topless" with 
a limp frizzen and a dented jeep.

lol!

NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5250
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 2:01 pm

Bear Claw wrote:
Never said I wasn't. I had too much stuff to buy to leave the internet right away. I checked in to see what you clowns were saying. Even if I didn't go to the mountains I wasn't going to post on this forum anymore.

Anyway, you won't see me posting anywhere from now on. I'm packing up now. So long make believe mountain man.

ear bug   I'll give you 32 days before you change your mind for the 47th time since I've been on the Forum. See you next month "mountain man".

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 2:12 pm

Not that long, not with the rain and weather we've been having. By the time he gets back, I'll have to change his name to Soggy Bottoms, due to that tent sucking up all the moisture lol!
Back to top Go down
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 2:27 pm

FrontierGander wrote:
Not that long, not with the rain and weather we've been having. By the time he gets back, I'll have to change his name to Soggy Bottoms, due to that tent sucking up all the moisture lol!

That's better than a few good names I have in mind but unable to post here. If used we would go three levels below where we are, next would be pictures of "Ol' Shitty Shorts" sorry I was thinking 'Pete' with the 'weak frizzen' like KC said. 

afro    lol!    :wow    Deadhorse

Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 4:40 pm

Pete, I suggest you come up with a really good story to provide your pride 
with some cover when you come back. 

If the story is good enough, you may increase your reputation and our entertainment while
avoiding the inventive new names Bob is coming up with for when you come back home. 
(lol) He's bored. There is no hunting going on.Wink

I suggest you avoid sasquatch and aliens in the story you come up with. Neither will likely help 
your reputation...

Good luck! Go get 'em! sunnysunnysunnysunny

NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   July 14th 2017, 4:59 pm

Kentucky Colonel wrote:
Pete, I suggest you come up with a really good story to provide your pride 
with some cover when you come back. 

If the story is good enough, you may increase your reputation and our entertainment while
avoiding the inventive new names Bob is coming up with for when you come back home. 
(lol) He's bored. There is no hunting going on.Wink

I suggest you avoid sasquatch and aliens in the story you come up with. Neither will likely help 
your reputation...

Good luck! Go get 'em! sunnysunnysunnysunny

Kiss-Ass  who would have ever believed that KC would kneel to Pete....

afro

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....   

Back to top Go down

Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: