Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 23rd 2017, 7:32 pm

Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend, you know "Muley", "Bear Claw" or now "Pete" like in "Re-Pete".  Jon made it so he'll have to rename himself once he returns by removing all his old names to login with. cyclops  Smile

"Bear Bait"
"Bear Fodder"
"Bear Chow"

What would be a good handle for an old turd like him ???? affraid   Basketball

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.

Last edited by conner on July 25th 2017, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 23rd 2017, 7:44 pm

IDK... I am having fun and all, but I would like him to feel comfortable 
when he comes back. 

I will, however, point out that Bear Claw, Bear Food, Bear Bait, Beat Chow, and Bear Fodder 
are all edible things. I do hope he hasn't found himself on the wrong end of the food chain.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 23rd 2017, 7:49 pm

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
I will, however, point out that Bear Claw, Bear Food, Bear Bait, Beat Chow, and Bear Fodder 
are all edible things. I do hope he hasn't found himself on the wrong end of the food chain.

So was "Meathead", "Squirrel Nuts", "Butthead" so what's the point???? confused Question pale

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
Back to top Go down
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 23rd 2017, 7:50 pm

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
IDK... I am having fun and all, but I would like him to feel comfortable 
when he comes back. 

I'm sure he's sitting in his apartment in Buena Vista (or at the local library) fuming for all he's worth. He "wrote" a big check with his new persona and it's going to be hard to come back and face the music.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 23rd 2017, 8:08 pm

We will except his forgiveness when he returns, he's the one that left us not the other way around. He just walked out like a mad spouse, freekin' lowlife. (I was going to use other verbage but Jon would have to delete it he really likes old Pete. Even with the smell issues he will bring home ... Shocked   :Chief   Dunno   :tdown2 ).

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14623
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 23rd 2017, 8:22 pm

Bear Chow gets my vote!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 23rd 2017, 8:57 pm

Im not sure Pete even knows what forgiveness is. This is Muley were talking about.

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 23rd 2017, 9:46 pm

The Ghost in the Darkness????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 24th 2017, 8:01 am

@Sharpsman wrote:

Ooo... I like Ghost. 

Ghost Muley... 
Ghost Bear...
Ghost...

He could then write a 'Ghost Post.'

NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 24th 2017, 9:21 am

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
@Sharpsman wrote:

Ooo... I like Ghost. 

Ghost Muley... 

That could be all that's left ... except "Bear Scat".

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 24th 2017, 9:39 am

My suggestion: shorten the name Muley to "Mule".    Twisted Evil

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrownBear

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 24th 2017, 10:35 am

In cowboy land he'd be "All Hat No Cows."  In rodeos he'd be "All Show No Go."

Bottom line, he's a talker and not a doer, with sour idiotic opinions and lots of scorn for newcomers whether or not he knew a thing about the topic or had ever done it. 

It's a problem for a site when he becomes the "spokesman" for the site and runs folks off.  I was long, long gone until I clicked the link instead of the one above it (damned track pads), and decided to stay a moment and see what was going on. 

Door knob had already hit him in the ass, and I decided to stay and see if the site could recover from his loving care.  Or to see if the site had a big enough pooper scooper to clean the lawn.

Doing nicely on that account now with respectful, friendly, insightful posts and none of his idiocy. 

That will keep me coming back, for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 24th 2017, 3:20 pm

Hank, no matter what one of these sites you go to and stay awhile you'll find one of these type characters. Some of the remarks made are funny, while others are questionable and when not seen his way gets hateful.

That's when someone needs to tell that person to tone it down a few steps, I personally will get out of hand and someone tells me to tone it down and I do.

The person in questions doesn't listen to other members or the boss, he just goes on with his rants .... Dunno

Back to top Go down
BrownBear

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 24th 2017, 4:43 pm

Yeah. He WAS on a couple of other sites that I frequent and lost his footing there too.  Sad. But the answer to his problems is in his mirror.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 24th 2017, 6:28 pm

When I first got on this forum, I thought that he chose "Muley" due his his stubborn streak. It never entered my mind that he might be talking about a mule deer ..... it still doesn't. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 24th 2017, 7:24 pm

@patocazador wrote:
When I first got on this forum, I thought that he chose "Muley" due his his stubborn streak. It never entered my mind that he might be talking about a mule deer... Laughing

Well, I did, too. I thought he chose the name as a cheeky acknowledgement. I preferred 
it when that was his handle.

But, I always liked him. And, he always tried to help. I found him entertaining and we all 
make mistakes. I'd sit across from a campfire with him. (Grin) I might not believe all the 
stories, but I'd enjoy hearing them.

NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 25th 2017, 6:39 am

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
Quote :
I found him entertaining and we all make mistakes. I'd sit across from a campfire with him. (Grin) I might not believe all the stories, but I'd enjoy hearing them.

The only way you could sit across from him at a campfire would be if he had his easy chair along with his remote and ......  :hs   Doh

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   July 25th 2017, 7:31 am

Got an email from a visitor here telling me "Old Dreamer" would be a good handle for Pete's nick name. He'll have to come back with a name we don't know and start over loosing his "Number of posts" status to keep from being hit on.  affraid   :Bat

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.   

Back to top Go down

Let's have a contest for the best new name for our missing friend.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: