Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Time to show some of my accoutrements

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RonC
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 23rd 2017, 10:10 pm

I've looked with interest, and sometimes with envy, the photos of various of our member's gear for muzzleloading. So, I took a few not-so-artsy photos of my main possibles bag and associated tools.
This is the bag that came with my first, good muzzle loader rifle:

The leather is very thick. This is a heavy duty bag. I have some smaller, lighter bags, but this is my main one.
It carries my utility knife and tomahawk. Also, in this shot is my main horn:

The elk horn is one I turned into a 60 gr powder measure.
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Manís Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, Itís Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 24th 2017, 6:55 am

Cool†hatchet/pouch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1632
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 24th 2017, 7:57 am

Love the knife and axe carry on that. It still looks light and efficient.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association†
Central Florida Muzzleloaders†
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 24th 2017, 8:01 am

I no longer carry the tomahawk that way. It makes the bag much to heavy!
The leather on the bag makes the bag itself quite a load. It is the perfect bag for a longhunter - much more substantial and sturdy than lighter bags.
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Manís Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, Itís Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrownBear

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 24th 2017, 8:52 am

Nice array of tack!† Haven't seen a bag that thick before, but you've stimulated my thinking cap. It looks like a very high grade of leather to boot.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 24th 2017, 10:15 am

It is a very high quality and weight of leather. As a rank novice at the time, I had no idea how good and costly a bag like that would be. It was one of those times when good fortune smiled on me.
In the bag were powder measures, nipple tools, cap dispensers, a small primer horn, etc. I was ready to go!

Ron

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2403
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 27th 2017, 7:44 am

Man have you opened a can of worms my friend. You did it so here we go folks with a few of my wares. Remember I've been in the sport (word used for lack of a better one at this moment) for many years. When associated with the American Mountain Men and the North American Frontiersmen you need to show pictures of original equipage you copied for your items used in their encampments.

Light camp equipage

Day bag.

Hunting pouch

Bedroll

Belt pouch

Another belt bag

Mocs - Double brain tanned

Brain tanned coat

Period shirts

Camp kitchen

Pocket grater

Hand forged folder

Haversack

New brain tanned mittens

New shirt

Another new shirt

Patch box

Sisal sling

Toilet supplies

Trumpline

This is†a warm up of the period correct documented wares I use.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
RonC
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 27th 2017, 8:38 am

I have some catching up to do! Very Happy
Of course I only started when I was about 64.
I didn't show my breechclout. Somewhere back in time on this site I described my breechclout wardrobe failure.†
Ron

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 27th 2017, 10:08 am

@RonC wrote:
I have some catching up to do! Very Happy
Of course I only started when I was about 64.
I didn't show my breechclout. Somewhere back in time on this site I described my breechclout wardrobe failure.†
Ron

Well remembered ...... affraid

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15276
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 27th 2017, 10:21 am

Man, someone packs more than a woman!!lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   July 27th 2017, 10:40 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
Man, someone packs more than a woman!!lol!

You wouldn't believe how much stuff I have collected in over 50 years. No going through this stuff making several piles; keepers, sale items and well used give to my grandson for starters. What's show is nothing that has been collected, some traded for or purchased then found wasn't what I thought it was or not the quality looking for.

I am thinking I'll put together a few lists for our members to get an idea of what some groups expect of their members in the way of period correctness. Fun to look at but a pain to document there sources - museums, collections, etc. - shooting pouches, contents, and so on.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to show some of my accoutrements   

Back to top Go down

Time to show some of my accoutrements
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Shooting Accessories & Hunter Misc.-
Jump to: