View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Funny Retirement Message.   July 26th 2017, 10:26 am

Worked with a guy that hated change which the phone company that the company was famous for.
When retiring you are always asked to clear your phone messages (which can be quite lengthy) and giver your supervisor your password for that system.

When a co=worker friend George gave notice he was leaving and handed off his work at Time Warner (Looney Cartoon folks). He did none of the about other than changing his voice message.

When you called his old company number you received: Johnny Paycheck - Take This Job and Shove It singing this message and at the end you heard the “Looney Toon” characters yelling good bye with Porky Pig Cartoon Ending "That's All Folks!"  

This voice mail message turned out to break all records for called phone messages. It was busy 24 by 7 until Time Warner took the service down two months after George had retired. The news asked why it took that long to a V. Pres. He replied “We all enjoyed it so much and many recorded George’s message”.  Then everyone started laughing…

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Funny Retirement Message.   July 30th 2017, 11:57 am

Wished I would have recorded this for my retirement message, would have been better than my "Up Yours Twice On Sunday". My message did get a few laughs but nothing like the one George left. Smile

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/

Funny Retirement Message.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: