View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Coming to you from Cologne, Germany   August 14th 2017, 8:52 pm

Welcome Home Ron. Phil and I sent lead to the bank and we were thinking about you. Catch a breath and we need to go again. .................I agree with the Colonel. Southwest is great and United sucks. My Dad worked there 32 years and that was quite a while ago. I cannot believe that that airline has even survived with the things they are pulling. American is another one I will never fly again. If American is the only airline going there I aint going.

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Coming to you from Cologne, Germany   August 15th 2017, 6:23 am

Hi Al,
I have promised several people I met on the trip that I will take them black powder shooting. Some of the guys could barely contain themselves with anticipation. Some of the spouses thought it was a silly idea. Problem was that they were all old frats (change the order of letters if you wish). 

The group that we were in must have averaged 70 years old. I wasn't the only one with a cane. I did not participate in the personal health discussions that predominated on the trip. Why do older folks like to discuss all their maladies? When people asked about my scars, I just told them that I was attached by a grizzly in Alaska and, if my scars looked bad, you should see the grizzly.

The price of having more "mature" individuals on a trip: one woman had an aortic aneurism the last day of the trip. We held her and lowered her to the floor as she lost consciousness and tried to get a pulse as we waited for one of the physicians who was on the trip. Fortunately, we were near Budapest and were able to transfer her to a hospital where she underwent open heart surgery. The prognosis wasn't good.
Ron

Last edited by RonC on August 15th 2017, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Coming to you from Cologne, Germany   August 15th 2017, 9:32 am

Hey Ron, as long as you are handing out promises to "old frats" I think I might make the qualifications.  Very Happy

Welcome back!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Coming to you from Cologne, Germany   August 15th 2017, 9:44 am

C'mon out to the range with me, Smokin' Joe. It is just a little neighborly jaunt to Golden, CO from Minnesota.
Ron

Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Coming to you from Cologne, Germany   August 15th 2017, 10:13 am

I just checked it out.  I can be there in 13hr. 56 min. (955 miles) if I leave right now. Shocked

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Coming to you from Cologne, Germany   August 15th 2017, 11:26 am

It took me longer to figure out that whole 'frats' thing than I like to admit...

If you guys are THAT flatulent, maybe you should stay away from flinty sparks... pale
And, I don't want to be in a car with you for 900 miles, either. Laughing

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming to you from Cologne, Germany   

Back to top Go down

Coming to you from Cologne, Germany
View previous topic View next topic Back to top