View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5417
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Australian Gun Amnesty Surrender   August 11th 2017, 12:31 pm

All of the above guns are illegal in Australia. A few types are legal if registered with the government which costs a $20 fee. Currently, there is an amnesty period during which Australians can surrender their guns without prosecution.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/08/australian-gun-culture-part-12-amnesty-of-2017-halfway-through/#axzz4pTL2aNYS

We Americans seem to be the only citizens in the world who can own these "horrible, destructive weapons." Yet, some (most) liberal politicians want us to be "Just like them."   Evil or Very Mad

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Australian Gun Amnesty Surrender   August 11th 2017, 10:01 pm

Ya right and those politicians have secret service people who are carrying those very weapons to protect there worthless ass.

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1721
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australian Gun Amnesty Surrender   August 14th 2017, 7:12 pm

I have a good friend that lives in Australia six months out of the year, the rest of the time is here in Utah, off shore oil guy.  He said the papers make it look like everyone lost their guns, that's not true. If you look at what was collected, most are war surplus, old broken or wore out firearms. The good firearms were just hidden or moved out of country like my friend did. Like he said "Who's going to give the government an expensive firearm that will end up in a private collection, then moved to another country."

patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5417
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Australian Gun Amnesty Surrender   August 15th 2017, 1:23 pm

I believe that they cannot legally have a firearm capable of multiple shots without reloading, although double barreled shotguns may be legal but not those 'dangerous' pump shotguns that can hold 3 or more shells.

Hiding guns doesn't make them legal, so hunters are at a disadvantage. They may still have their guns but can't get caught using them.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1721
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australian Gun Amnesty Surrender   August 15th 2017, 1:50 pm

@patocazador wrote:
I believe that they cannot legally have a firearm capable of multiple shots without reloading, although double barreled shotguns may be legal but not those 'dangerous' pump shotguns that can hold 3 or more shells.

Hiding guns doesn't make them legal, so hunters are at a disadvantage. They may still have their guns but can't get caught using them.

The high quality collections drove sporting goods stores nuts for a period with firearms being sent to kin here and other parts of the world for safe keeping. They have loosened up on their requirements now - what they thought would work didn't - crime is busier than ever.

Chris (my friend from there) said they could still legally keep SXS's and now can have pump shotguns with a (fixed) magazine that will only hold (4) rounds, (5) counting one in chamber. The (fixed) part is just a plug with an end cap coated with a bright color so its easy to see.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian Gun Amnesty Surrender   

Back to top Go down

Australian Gun Amnesty Surrender
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: