View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14623
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 18th 2017, 12:24 am

I am sick and tired of this crap already! All this legalized weed has brought into our small town are filthy bums that are hoarding the street corners and now, riding around in the back of their pickups, holding a sign asking for a hand out! You sob, if you can burn up all the expensive fuel, you dont need my money or help of any kind!

Sick and tired of seeing boo hoo, im hungry. and then seeing the sorry piece of trash get into a brand new car or like these 6 bums, a 4 door late 2000's model ford truck that most likely cost 50 grand in the day!

The money can not be used in the schools as its illegal! They found this out the hard way. Where is it going? Into the scum bag politicians pocket of course! Driving through pueblo today, the roads are pot holes. Wheres all that road improvement they preached about?

All I see are out of state druggies flooding the stores and taking off across the state line, headed back to texas.

No education improvements, teachers laid off, no road improvements, it's illegal money and can not be put into a federal bank... Yeah, give the scum bags what they want, keep education low, keep the druggies happy, you just bought yourself a vote and lined your pocket with illegal drug money!

Sorry guys, Im just pissed off after seeing all the scum out on the streets today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 18th 2017, 5:58 am

The money from the weed cannot be spent as the feds still have it as illegal to do so. Its actually just piling up until the courts sort it out. Panhandlers have always been a sore spot with me and I have not ever once given them a dime. Get ur ass to work there is jobs out there but there just to damn lazy to get one. Seen one up here a while back guy had his wife 3 kids and 3 dogs on the corner lookin for cash. There was people handin him money. I think they all must have been high.

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 3327
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 18th 2017, 6:12 am

Cannabis will remain a problem with the Feds until DEA removes it as a Schedule 1 drug.

My blood boils too when I see what appears to be individuals (male and female) fully capable of work, yet choose to hold a sign on the corner asking for hand-outs.  Pure laziness.

When I was very young I recall sitting on my front porch with my father.  A hobo came up to us and asked for a hand-out.  My father, who worked 8-12 hours day, told Evil or Very Mad him to take a hike and don't look back.  That was my first lesson in the work ethic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 18th 2017, 9:18 am

I go to thrift stores to buy paperback books to read. I passed one yesterday and was going to pull in to check out their books when I saw the parking lot packed with nice cars. BMWs, dually pickups, and lots of Japanese cars. All of them were fairly new and in much better shape than my 2006 truck.
It turned out that it was Free Food Day for "poor" people who couldn't afford to buy groceries. I guess it's hard to buy groceries when you're making $400/month car payments.  Mad

It really pissed me off .. nothing but freeloaders working the system. I'l bet half of those "poor souls" are collecting welfare checks too.

I was caught in traffic in Tampa a few years ago when a bum with a cardboard sign walked between the stopped cars. The sign said, "I Need a Beer Bad!".  A guy in front of me handed him 4 beers. I laughed because at least the guy was honest and didn't say "I'm Hungry" or "Will Work For Food."

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 18th 2017, 5:01 pm

48% of the available workforce is holding up and supporting the other 52% of the nation which is doing.....NOTHING!

I don't think it will be much longer before the SHTF!! Shocked bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 19th 2017, 8:24 am

Watched Live, P.D. last night. It is the show where a camera crew follows around an LEO from 6 different departments around the country and transmit in real time.
What I find amazing is how much time and energy police spend on marijuana stops. Yes, meth and heroin turn up now and again, but they must spend 70% of their time on violations leading to marijuana busts.
Stops for having a tail light out or not using a turn signal or weaving in a lane are often ruses for checking for alcohol use or marijuana. Marijuana turns up much more often than alcohol. Even in marijuana legal states like Colorado, the police spend an inordinate amount of time doing suspected marijuana car stops.
Should police spend their (and our) limited resources on marijuana busts? I ask this as a real question as I am conflicted on the topic. Should they just offer a citation if a traffic stop happens to turn up some grass? Should they continue to or stop focusing on marijuana stops?
Ron

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 19th 2017, 8:51 am

RonC is right on.   The police spend an insane amount of time on pot busts.   The state of Oklahoma still sends folks to prison for possession of rather small quantities of pot.   The state of Oklahoma  sued Colorado because droves of Okies are buying pot in CO and bringing it back home. 

After fighting the "war on drugs" for over 40 years there is more dope on US streets than ever before.   Much of that dope  is  laced with a potent painkiller,  fentanyl.   It is killing dope users by the thousands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 19th 2017, 9:13 am

Oft times minor traffic stops....turn into MAJOR traffic stops!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 19th 2017, 9:49 am

DUI citations mean big money for cities and counties. Usually over $1000 by the time everything is sorted out. It also leads to suspended driver's licenses which theoretically keeps dangerous drivers from killing the average citizen. 

People who are not involved with any criminal offense are often victims of these drivers. There is a lot of pressure placed on LE departments by MADD and other influential citizens to keep these drivers off the streets.
So, it gathers in a lot of money for the city/county/state and it makes the voting public happy. Hard to argue with why they spend so much time on it.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 20th 2017, 6:26 am

@RonC wrote:
Watched Live, P.D. last night. It is the show where a camera crew follows around an LEO from 6 different departments around the country and transmit in real time.
What I find amazing is how much time and energy police spend on marijuana stops. Yes, meth and heroin turn up now and again, but they must spend 70% of their time on violations leading to marijuana busts.
Stops for having a tail light out or not using a turn signal or weaving in a lane are often ruses for checking for alcohol use or marijuana. Marijuana turns up much more often than alcohol. Even in marijuana legal states like Colorado, the police spend an inordinate amount of time doing suspected marijuana car stops.
Should police spend their (and our) limited resources on marijuana busts? I ask this as a real question as I am conflicted on the topic. Should they just offer a citation if a traffic stop happens to turn up some grass? Should they continue to or stop focusing on marijuana stops?
Ron
Here's another story.   Probably 15 years or so I chaperoned some teenagers to an outdoor concert.  A very few police officers were strategically stationed here and there.  Also scattered about were the palm weed smokers who tried their best to hide their aroma.  Curious I asked the police officer about the guys 20 feet from him toking away.  His response was  "We're not here for that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Smoke

Male Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 20th 2017, 6:50 am

@falcon wrote:
RonC is right on.   The police spend an insane amount of time on pot busts.   The state of Oklahoma still sends folks to prison for possession of rather small quantities of pot.   The state of Oklahoma  sued Colorado because droves of Okies are buying pot in CO and bringing it back home. 

After fighting the "war on drugs" for over 40 years there is more dope on US streets than ever before.   Much of that dope  is  laced with a potent painkiller,  fentanyl.   It is killing dope users by the thousands.
Hard hearted, but the best plan is to let them have their drugs and either die of the fentanyl or starve.  I have no sympathy for them.  They are getting exaclty what they asked for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 20th 2017, 7:12 am

A very close relative (and former household member) is a police officer. He confirms Sharpsman statment: "Oft times minor traffic stops....turn into MAJOR traffic stops!!" When asked if pulling over a suspicious vehicle (some call it "profiling") for a minor infraction results in discovering a more major infraction, he says "Absolutely, almost 100%." It is 100% that there is no insurance, 85% that the driver has no valid license or no license at all, and maybe 70% someone in the car has an outstanding warrant. This does not hold for pulling over an elderly woman in a Subaru SUV or a family in an Explorer. It does happen for a Honda or Camaro with blacked out windows.
However, many of the stops I see on the Live P.D. program target marijuana violations. In fact, I sometimes get bored seeing marijuana busts after marijuana busts. Once in a while, there might be a marijuana stop that turns up more devastating drugs, like meth, but that might happen one time in the 3 hour show. The weed stops do turn up several people with warrants. It is just amazing, though, how much of the police resources are spent on marijuana, particularly in those states who just issue a citation ticket for the marijuana use. 
Our relative prefers to respond to domestic violence, weapons and warrant calls. 
Ron

patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 20th 2017, 7:55 am

"Our relative prefers to respond to domestic violence, weapons and warrant calls."

A lifetime ago, I was a special deputy with the county sheriff's dept. I rode weekends with a 6'3" 300 lb deputy who looked like a Mafia enforcer complete with knife scar across his face. At that time the most dangerous calls for the officers were domestic disturbances and bar fights.
I would much rather face a guy with a gun in a bar than put up with the drunk domestic couple shouting, spitting, and crying and making no sense at all.

We would arrest the man if he battered the woman and 95% of the time she would bail him out the next day and refuse to press charges.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   August 20th 2017, 8:57 am

Its sad but true all of this is a money game. The weed and the booze both. Do you think a guy thats been to jail 5 times for DUI or drugs gives a rip about whether he has insurance or a license or not. He gets 3 meals a day TV and a place to sleep for free. It was 95 here yesterday and we went by the local Safeway on the way home. There by the main entrance was a small woman with 2 kids a cooler and a sign. My wife commented about how sad that was for the 2 kids. The heat and what that woman is teaching them. Al

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csitas

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2017-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   September 25th 2017, 8:33 pm

lol!
I'm with old smoke here.Praise the the lord and pas them their mary jane, or what ever they prefer. Give them each their own shovel. Yes I am , an old jerk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   September 25th 2017, 8:39 pm

@patocazador wrote:
"Our relative prefers to respond to domestic violence, weapons and warrant calls."

A lifetime ago, I was a special deputy with the county sheriff's dept. I rode weekends with a 6'3" 300 lb deputy who looked like a Mafia enforcer complete with knife scar across his face. At that time the most dangerous calls for the officers were domestic disturbances and bar fights.
I would much rather face a guy with a gun in a bar than put up with the drunk domestic couple shouting, spitting, and crying and making no sense at all.

We would arrest the man if he battered the woman and 95% of the time she would bail him out the next day and refuse to press charges.

I would have rather fought an ape with a butcher knife than work just one family fight!

Really good chance there of getting your arse shot off!! affraid Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot 1

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   September 29th 2017, 12:24 pm

@patocazador wrote:

Ok I know a Guy looking to go to prison because his Girlfriend planted Meth on him then called the Cops.

She was given a Ticket for Drug Paraphilia, Misdemeanor, $400 fine. She didn't pay and left state. Made it a Felony, $800 Fine, plus $450 for Jail cost. Judge told her pay the $800 in 30 days or go to prison for 2 years.

I think the Guy is going to keep her out of prison and go because he won't be able to pay his Lawyer.

Be interesting if both go to Prison.

The Girl is not allowed in my House because she told her Mom where I keep my Pain Medication and when I would be gone. The Woman got in my House and stole my Medication and sold it. Now Cameras up and everything is locked up.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   September 29th 2017, 1:01 pm

Stupity, like the universe, expands with time. headslap

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   October 1st 2017, 4:36 pm

You bunch of cry babies, go hide your heads or just lite up and join in....  geek   jocolor   cherry   :wow   afro

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   October 1st 2017, 6:30 pm

I can honestly say I have never smoked anything. When in the 7th grade, everyone was lighting up cigarettes. In order to "fit in" I had to light a few cigarettes but like my hero, Bill Clinton Rolling Eyes, I never inhaled.

When my first kid was born, I bought a box of very good cigars. After handing most of them out, I lit one. I put it out immediately and washed out my mouth with everything from mouthwash to whiskey. 4 days later I still had that awful taste in my mouth.  :barf

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   October 1st 2017, 7:00 pm

@patocazador wrote:
I can honestly say I have never smoked anything. When in the 7th grade, everyone was lighting up cigarettes. In order to "fit in" I had to light a few cigarettes but like my hero, Bill Clinton Rolling Eyes, I never inhaled.

THE KEY WORD HERE IS "I NEVER INHALED" THANK YOU FOR THAT ONE..... study  geek

When my first kid was born, I bought a box of very good cigars. After handing most of them out, I lit one. I put it out immediately and washed out my mouth with everything from mouthwash to whiskey. 4 days later I still had that awful taste in my mouth.  :barf

THE TASTE OF WHISKEY HAS NEVER GONE AWAY LIKE THE "I NEVER INHALED" REMARK....  STOP DRINKING THAT NASTY STUFF AND IT WILL CLEAR UP .... scratch  study

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
Back to top Go down
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   October 2nd 2017, 9:23 am

It was the cigar that tasted like crap not the whiskey.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   October 2nd 2017, 3:03 pm

@patocazador wrote:

Hmmm ..... headslap  ear bug  :Grace

Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   October 2nd 2017, 3:57 pm

@patocazador wrote:
As adventurous kids I recall my friends and I sneaking into " tobacco sheds " where the harvested leaves were drying.  We would sit among the hanging leaves until we forgot what time it was.  

Then one Light Bulb day we braved What a Face to roll a cegar ourselves with the green leaves and smoke like real men do.  :barf confused :barf confused  :barf .

Haven't touched  a cigar since Exclamation  lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   October 2nd 2017, 8:20 pm

Whatever trips your trigger Marty. Smile

I started smoking Lucky's at 16 (carried in your "T" shirt sleeve and a "DA" we were bad) and drinking Bud at 18. Then after 20 years I got a brain storm and stopped everything so I could buy a new 1969 Dodge Six-Pack Dodge Super Bee. Never started smoking or drinking again, all my friends were waiting for me to go back to old the old ways .... never happened.  Razz  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colorados legal " mean green"   

Back to top Go down

Colorados legal " mean green"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: