Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 23rd 2017, 11:04 am

I've been putting in for turned-in 2nd chance permits for 7 weeks now and finally drew two of them. A bowhunt permit and a family hunt permit and they're both up in the Panhandle where the big deer grow.  Very Happy  They are also both for either sex.  :rtup
The family hunt permit is over Thanksgiving weekend when my granddaughter is out of school so that makes it real nice. She likes to go hunting even when we strike out.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 23rd 2017, 1:42 pm

Congrats on the good draw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 3327
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 23rd 2017, 2:48 pm

You hit the jackpot pat' cheers    Fun times ahead !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14623
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 23rd 2017, 2:57 pm

Man, I would love it if Colorado adopted that draw system!

Good luck, bring the camera and watch for them gators!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 23rd 2017, 6:31 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
Man, I would love it if Colorado adopted that draw system!

Good luck, bring the camera and watch for them gators!

If you turn in your permit for a quota hunt (which costs nothing to begin with), you get back your preference points and your tag goes into a lottery-like draw for all who put in for it. But you have to do it at least 10 days before the hunt starts.

It's a good system now .. very fair. They used to have a 1st come, 1st served system and people with fast computers and special software got all the permits.

Now if you can't go on the hunt for some reason, someone else can go and you will have an additional preference point for next year's drawing. 3 preference points will get you any hunt in the state with more than 10 permits available. Florida has somewhere around 2 million acres of public land available for hunting.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishmagnet

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2015-08-23

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 23rd 2017, 8:20 pm

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Neslen

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 24th 2017, 10:32 am

Three cheers for Bob and best of luck on the hunt.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 24th 2017, 11:03 am

Whooo-hoo! Nice job. Go git 'em.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 24th 2017, 1:26 pm

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope they translate into a deer in the freezer ... or maybe two?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 30th 2017, 10:35 am

UPDATE: I drew another second-chance permit this morning. It's a bowhunt permit up close to one of the others. 
I only got one permit in the original draw due to a lack of preference points. Now I have 4. It keeps looking better and better.

With my luck I'll break a hip or worse and wind up in the hospital when all the hunting is happening.  Dunno

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14623
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 30th 2017, 10:38 am

LOL just sit your ass down, drink a lot of water and wait it out until the season opens.

You've gotten REAL lucky with the left over tags, good lord!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Huntin_Dawg1215

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   August 30th 2017, 8:08 pm

Hey thats great, congratulations, I hope you and the granddaughter have a great time. And kill a big one. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!   

Back to top Go down

I just got drawn for two second-chance permits - WHOO HOO!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: