View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 3327
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Flooding Disaster in Texas   August 30th 2017, 12:01 pm

Please donate whatever you can for those unfortunate flood victims and their families.   A little goes a long way.

------------------------------------------------------------
 p.s. I donate to the RED CROSS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Flooding Disaster in Texas   August 30th 2017, 1:12 pm

I don't donate to the big organizations. 35-70% of the donations go into their "operating expenses" .. basically salary and perks for the big wigs.

In Katrina a fellow on a duck hunting site had his place flooded and didn't have power for weeks. I sent him some money for a generator. He turned out to be a really good guy and had me come over to duck hunt a couple of times.

I've heard that the Salvation Army is one of the best big outfits during crises.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Flooding Disaster in Texas   August 30th 2017, 5:13 pm

It ain't only gonna be a disaster in Texas either as this thing is widespread! Our farmers in North Louisiana are SBT aka SCREWED, BLEWED, & TATOOED! Cotton is sitting here in the fields with bolls open and rotting by the minute from the rainfall....and soybeans in the same shape!! Sad Dunno
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark1945

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2015-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Flooding Disaster in Texas   September 1st 2017, 6:28 pm

I have to say that the Salvation Army is the only ones that will get my money. Im right here on the coast about 15 miles from Rockport ,we just got power back up yesterday afternoon it was off since last Friday and Internet this afternoon . I have seen Salvation Army trucks out delivering meals and other stuff since last Saturday . Not any other Organization vehicle have I seen all week .  We came out good compared to many others around us just had my fences blown down ,lost many shingles and soffit and facia on the house lots of tree limbs and a couple of small trees

Cabelas 58 cal Hawken             Colt Navy 36 cal                     Pietta 1863 Remington pocket rev 31 cal
Pedersoli Kodiak 58 cal             CVA 58 Cal. Mountain Rifle      Classic Arms Co 44 Cal New Orleans Ace
CVA 45 Cal Derringer               TC Renegade 54cal                 Navy Arms Co. Pietta 12 gauge double
Pedersoli 12 gauge double        Traditions Crockett 32 cal        2 Traditions Mountain Rifles 50 cal
Pietta 1851 Conf Navy 44
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot 1

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Flooding Disaster in Texas   September 5th 2017, 10:17 am

FEMA was talking about sending my wife down there. She mainly works for OEM another Federal Office.

She has training for numerous things. Rescues all the way to evaluating what FEMA should pay and taking care of Media. She has more FEMA Certificates than anyone in the country she needs more Hands on.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flooding Disaster in Texas   

Back to top Go down

Flooding Disaster in Texas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: