Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rivercityjeff

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-08-13

Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25 Empty
PostSubject: Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25   Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25 Empty2017-08-31, 09:47

The 2017 annual Wounded Warrior hog hunt at Ft. Rucker, Alabama is October 4-7.  It's open to the public. Last year it was restricted to muzzleloader, shotgun, and archery. Cost is $25, plus Alabama license.  Proceeds to benefit Wounded Military.  Drawings and Prizes.

2017 Ft. Rucker Hog Hunt

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25   Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25 Empty2017-08-31, 09:56

Does Ala. consider hogs big game or small game? A non-resident big game license costs $130 to $300+ for an all-game license.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
rivercityjeff

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25   Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25 Empty2017-08-31, 10:56

Bob,

Alabama considers hogs to be Big Game. 

Not sure if there is any state to state license reciprocity for neighboring Florida license holders?      

Barring that, $133.55 is the cost of a 3 day Big Game license.

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25   Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25 Empty2017-08-31, 18:56

It's ridiculous for states to cry over how hogs are destroying everything and then stick it to you when you want to do something about it.
If you hunt hogs on private land in Florida, no one needs a license not even non-residents.

Florida and Georgia used to have reciprocal hunting and fishing agreements but both got greedy and now there are none. Alabama used to have a lower cost for adjoining states' residents but it was only a few dollars cheaper at the time .. about $20-30. I don't think it still does that.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1563
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25   Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25 Empty2017-09-01, 14:57

Quote :
It's ridiculous for states to cry over how hogs are destroying everything and then stick it to you when you want to do something about it.

Bingo!!! 

OK calls wild hogs an invasive species.   No license is required of anyone hunting wild hogs  on private property.
Back to top Go down

Southern Alabama Hog Hunt - Open to the Public 4-7 October $25
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: