View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Price gouging Texas   September 2nd 2017, 9:27 am

It always boils my blood to read about merchants preying on the victims of disasters.  I read a quote from the Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton "We've already found one big retailer charging $42 for a case of water"  "Another, a gas station charging $99 for a case of water". There's no compassion when it comes to profit making!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14623
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Price gouging Texas   September 2nd 2017, 9:39 am

I read that Disney charges $3 for a bottle of water. They had that case of water for $42 but it averaged out to less than $2 a  bottle. Not bad compared to Disney.

Yesterday, even in Colorado, we had people filling up gas cans everywhere while it was still cheap. We were there as well stocking up for hunting season. $2.49 a gallon already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
BrownBear

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Price gouging Texas   September 2nd 2017, 9:40 am

I think it's human nature or business nature.  We're on an island and prices weren't too bad till one of our two grocery stores shut down and we only had Safeway left.  Must have been hard on Safeway's overtime budget, because they managed OVERNIGHT to mark up prices 30%, and they've been going up ever since.  Lest you think I'm exaggerating, a 14-pack of Bar S Polish sausage is $8.99 in our local Safeway and only $2.99 at the Safeway-owned store (Carr's) in Anchorage.  We're paying $15 a pound for ground beef and $29 a pound for bone-in ribeye steaks.  Looking for more blood from us turnips, they're now doing away with all the "family size" packages and only shelving the small packs at about twice the price per pound.

Yeah, I'm griping.  But if I was a zillionare and wanted to help, I'd buy truck loads of water and park them in the road right in front of those scalping skunks. And GIVE the water away free.  My job would be to go all over the flood area giving stuff away, but always parking my rigs right in front of the scalpers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Price gouging Texas   September 2nd 2017, 10:12 am

Sounds like you need to put a moose and a couple of caribou in your freezer and tell Safeway to go to Hell.
I can't tell any difference in taste between moose and grass-fed beef anyway. Now elk!, that's a different story. Sure wish we had some grazing in the pasture.  Laughing

We get gas from Texas, La., and St. Croix refineries and it went up from $2.15 to $2.59 since Thursday ... and Irma hasn't hit us ... yet. I sure hope it misses the US. It's working on cat. 4 already.  :Hide

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Price gouging Texas   September 2nd 2017, 7:41 pm

Most of our gasoline comes from a refinery near Wynnewood, OK.   That refinery also makes alcohol free gasoline:  Price is about 35 cents more per gallon.   My truck gets 1-1.5  more miles per gallon with the alcohol free gas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Price gouging Texas   September 3rd 2017, 9:04 am

Price gouging...or CAPITALISM?

Supply and demand....drives the USA!

The only thing wrong with it is that everything revolves around the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!!

Put Freedom and the Dollar on the line....and see which ones grabbed first!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price gouging Texas   

Back to top Go down

Price gouging Texas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: