Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

What do you need to do, to get CVA Wolf's, etc, to shoot BH209?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skoger

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: What do you need to do, to get CVA Wolf's, etc, to shoot BH209?   September 2nd 2017, 8:51 pm

What do you need to do, to get CVA Wolf's, etc, to shoot BH209? I have TC Omegas, and a buddies Encore, all will shoot a ragged hole group at 100yds. I tried a shot in a CVA Wolf, took 3 shots to ignite the load, stayed with 3fffg black after that. This is a buddy of mine, he desperately wants to set up his CVA SS wolf with a Nikon Inline XR300 scope like what I Have on my 2 TC Omegas. I Assume the flash channel is too small, 1/16th in my TC's I believe, do I need to drill his out, or is their a aftermarket one he can get. This gun will shoot 3 different bullets, with black powder, into a ragged hole,  at 100yds, with the Konus scope that came with the package,but it can be hard to find black powder around here, but Wal Mart and other chain stores all sell the syn powders, BH 209 is readily available. All help appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to do, to get CVA Wolf's, etc, to shoot BH209?   September 2nd 2017, 9:00 pm

TC's use a 1/8" flash channel.

Order the Blackhorn209 breech plug for the Wolf and you will be set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
skoger

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to do, to get CVA Wolf's, etc, to shoot BH209?   September 3rd 2017, 7:24 pm

Thanks, saw that on their website after I posted this here!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to do, to get CVA Wolf's, etc, to shoot BH209?   September 3rd 2017, 7:28 pm

No problem!

Forgot to mention that the BH209 plug also uses a 1/8" drill bit to properly clean it out at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to do, to get CVA Wolf's, etc, to shoot BH209?   

Back to top Go down

What do you need to do, to get CVA Wolf's, etc, to shoot BH209?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: