Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 3rd 2017, 7:15 pm

Today a few friends came over to see how new house is coming. We have shot, camped and hunted with each other for over 50 years. Our numbers are starting to get smaller with aging taking its toll.  Half of us have done some lengthy canoe, horseback or treks over the years.

When we get together there are always some off the wall subjects talked about. One today would be fun to see what your reply will be. Now give this some thought before answering. What seems to stand out (a little comfort) you had or have when thinking about your experiences. What stands out above others not as important.

We had all different kinds of thoughts which I won't share as these guys can get down and dirty at times. affraid  Shocked

When thinking about my camping (modern or primitive) as well as at home and what really stands out after much thought. My first thought is:
1). a new bar of soap to get cleaned up with was number one for me.
2). hot water as second.  :rtup

Give this some thought then let us heard your thoughts. Basketball

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 3rd 2017, 8:26 pm

A dry, comfortable place to sleep and potable H2O in abundance. I hate boiling water to drink.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrownBear

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 4th 2017, 8:20 am

Fresh socks. 

They're so important to happy feet and long walks, I always carry spares.  My routine is to sit down for lunch, peel off my boots and socks and leave them off while I eat.  If I manage a nap after eating, so much the better.  Pure heaven to put on those fresh socks after a good meal and rest.  Almost like having a foot transplant for the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14623
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 4th 2017, 8:44 am

@BrownBear wrote:
Fresh socks. 

X2!

I'll change mine at least twice a day to feel clean and keep my boots even cleaner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 4th 2017, 11:10 am

I've seen the time I'd have given $100.00 for a gallon of plain milk; trying to sleep in a hole in the ground with 105MM being shot over my head all night!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 4th 2017, 11:26 am

Hey guys keep adding to your most comfortable items with only a few choices. :rtup

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Turdbird

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 4th 2017, 4:50 pm

Hot shower, my easy chair and my throne for #2's, not into squattin the the forest anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 4th 2017, 5:00 pm

OK...I understand now what you want; didn't quite before!

The individual to my left is my MOST COMFORTABLE SOURCE and has been for the past 30 years!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   September 6th 2017, 8:34 pm

Makers 46 and some ice

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.   

Back to top Go down

What seems to stand out (a the little comfort) you had when thinking about your experiences.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: