Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Fall Rendezvous near me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Fall Rendezvous near me Empty
PostSubject: Fall Rendezvous near me   Fall Rendezvous near me Empty2017-09-12, 12:02

I was in Track of the Wolf and seen a flyer on the counter for the The Wapiti Buckskinners.  They are holding an event called the "Wapiti Historical Rendezvous" next weekend Sept. 15 - 17.  The nice thing, it is only a couple miles from my home.  Since I've never been to one I'm going to mosey over there this weekend.  Should be interesting.

http://www.wapitibuckskinners.com/fall-rendezvous.html

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Fall Rendezvous near me   Fall Rendezvous near me Empty2017-09-26, 20:05

The Rendezvous was pretty uneventful.  The hours were 8 - 5 so I went early and was one of the first few arrivals.  I think I was "too early' because some were sleeping or just getting up.  Most the trade goods weren't what I was looking for and what was there was spendy.  Lots of folks wearing period clothing.  I think I only saw one rifle.  I sat down with a couple fellows to shoot the bull.  One was cooking peach cobbler over a fire in a cast iron dutch oven.   There just wasn't much there of interest to me so I didn't stay long.  I was expecting a little mountain man stuff.?????

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Fall Rendezvous near me   Fall Rendezvous near me Empty2017-10-08, 05:55

Many of todays so called rendezvous have become just a camp of folks kicked back taking it easy. Like yourself this turned me off about 20 years ago, seemed like it was always the same group of guys going over what had been talked about for years.  Rolling Eyes

If I'm going to make the effort to get out on the ground (primitive). I'm not there to talk about old concerns, we are here to experience what our forefather had to deal with in living off the ground. Forage for food, track game, explore a new area, find better camp spots, etc. Not just sit on your tail feathers and repeat the same thing that has been repeated for the last dozen events. Mad

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Fall Rendezvous near me   Fall Rendezvous near me Empty2017-10-08, 10:29

This year the rendezvous was pretty boring until around day 3 or 4 when more folks set up and the events started. Always give them a couple extra days to settle into camp. Never go at opening time, they will hang the first person that fires a shot at 8am LOL.

8-5 is normally visiting hours. Once that 5pm bell rings, all generators and modern stuff must be turned off and it goes full pre-1840.

Next year im bringing the camper and staying the entire week. I got a lot of fun last year.
Back to top Go down

Fall Rendezvous near me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: