Had a little excitement this morning...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 14th 2017, 8:12 pm

Had a little excitement this morning at our apartment house.

I was walking the dog when I see this young man in his mid 20's take the screen out of an apartment window, throw his small backpack inside then craw through. I ran back to our apartment left the dog then ran over to the office alerted them. Then ran back over to where this kid crawled through the window.

Within less than 3-4 minutes security was there (2) guys. They covered both doors and I watched the window that was used to get access. When security unlocked both doors at the same time the young man came out the window and I grabbed him. Security was there in a heart beat and cuffed him.

Turns out this kid was an ex-room mate of the current renter, they were having issues about who owed who money. Guess he was going to get even when he got caught. 

The Security Manager couldn't believe an old fart (me) would get involved. Hell better warned than sorry. :rtup

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 14th 2017, 8:21 pm

It all happened so quick you probably didn't even have your "cape" on yet.   Very Happy

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 14th 2017, 8:34 pm

@Smokin' Joe wrote:
It all happened so quick you probably didn't even have your "cape" on yet.   Very Happy

"or my shorts adjusted...." Didn't even think about my Sig P938 in the holster in the middle of my back which was probably good. Would have been the shits to end up in court for hitting him or pointing it at him.

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 14th 2017, 8:35 pm

Very Happy

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 15th 2017, 7:35 am

Don't cross the Connor man! Way to go, Buck!

A neighbor was holding a fellow at gun point, specifically a 357 revolver with 6" barrel. The young man, in stylish sagging pants showing his underwear, who was threatening violence when caught trying to steal the neighbor's truck, was laying on the ground when the police came.
An officer told the old neighbor to put away his firearm now that he had to pat search the gentleman sprawled on the ground. "I need to see what he has in his pants," said the policeman. I suggested that, after having the 357 pointed at his head, I knew exactly what was in his pants.  Shocked
Ron

Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 15th 2017, 4:11 pm

Like that Ron, very good. :rtup   I had a Sig P938 in the waist band of my pants, if this kid had given me any trouble I was going to smack him along side the head with it.  :tup2

Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 15th 2017, 4:44 pm

Marshal Buck Connor rides again!

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 16th 2017, 5:50 am

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
Marshal Buck Connor rides again!

That's funny because when I was still living on the 300 acres (old homestead that was leased with no one living there until we moved in). There were poachers, hippies living in buildings, guys stealing sand stone out of the quarry - just a freekin mess).

Poachers:
This group would kill a 600 lb. young steer and only take the hind quarters leaving the rest lay. They would do the same with wild animals. According to the DOW they believed this group had killed a dozen steers and unknown numbers on game for several years. A neighbor friend and myself decided to catch these jerks. We would flood irrigate 150 acres, so you may be moving sprinkler tubes at all hours of the night when water was available. I'm laying or stooping down on a irrigation ditch (about 2AM) when a truck pulls into the neighbors field across the road. I'm watching and see guys moving around then hear a shot (I always have a weapon with me - hate snakes) I move down to see what they did. They had shot an elk and were in the process of removing the hind quarters. All four men were busy so I slipped over to their truck and took the keys and a wallet laying on the seat, then turned on the truck headlights and fired a shot from my 16 gauge sawed off double barrel. They all ran off into the dark. The neighbor heard the noises and came up behind me, we decided they may come back so we took the rotor out for the distr. Cal (the neighbor) went to the house and called the sheriff. These guys were caught in Greeley where they lived a few days later (don't know how they got back there that night - its 25 miles between locations). Turns out this was the group DOW had been looking for.

Hippies:
I throw the hippies out, one guy had a hole in his neck to breath through (a butt head). In the process of moving in which took several weeks and a 75 mile drive each way between places these kids would come back and steal your items. We figured they had someone watching and knew when we had left so myself and the three friends left drove down the country road for three miles then turned around and when back. We caught these bastards in the process of going through my stuff just left. The fight was on, we managed to give several haircuts and I took great pleasure in sticking my thumb in the hole on the kids neck - used this hole to breath through. Holding him by his long hair and thumb in place he flopped around like a fish out of water. We had them arrested for trespassing, stealing and attacking us. The sheriff department kept them for a few days then they were gone. My friends and myself finished moving the wife's and my items in along with a new single wide trailer. These guys kept coming back late at night looking around, finally had to put up the typical farm lights that light the place up (that ended allot of the trespassing).

Thieves:
Caught three guys stealing moss rock and sand stone (used on buildings), they had a flat bed, fork lift and many palettes. They gave me some crap, so out comes the 16 gauge sawed off double (a real attention getter). Made them set the pallets that were loaded off the side of the road for easy loading (they're yelling about their pallets), I tell them I have the rock sold their pallets will be plied along the country road when empty - come and get your crap and never come up this valley again. Never had any more problems with this. With the way we (a few neighbors and myself) handled problems that scared the ex.wife and finally we went different directions.

I lived there for 20 years trouble free after those first few months of playing law. We always had a half dozen horses, the county sheriff picked up on that and offered to make me and my one neighbor Sheriff Deputies, we excepted. We think that got around and most of the buttheads stayed away (still had a few other problems over the years with attempted break ins).
Now I'm just an old fart that my wife figures someday will get killed with my bad attitude. affraid  Me... I'm a fun loving guy ... Smile

Back to top Go down
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 16th 2017, 9:25 am

conner wrote:
Like that Ron, very good. :rtup   I had a Sig P938 in the waist band of my pants, if this kid had given me any trouble I was going to smack him along side the head with it.  :tup2

"was going to smack him along side the head with it"

Fantastic! That way you could 'bind the slide up' and then you could use the grip as a hammer head.....or you could throw rocks!! Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   September 16th 2017, 10:49 am

I've hit a few with a gov 1911 and never had any issues, sure works good across the bridge of the nose. The best one was the 16 gauge sawed off double (more delivery force with the swing) plus the short barrels got every ones attention. To old to engage in to much physical crap anymore so you have to use items mentioned to give you the upper hand.

"you could throw rocks" - worked for the phone company taking care of 91 building sites in three states. had an issue where some college kids were watching me through a rifle scope mounted on a Ruger Mini 14. That gets your attention, site is above Laramie WY - 12 miles from anything. Got on company radio and called Denver for them to call local law. Three days later I'm told to stay at the office in Ft. Collins CO. I'm sitting in the office catching up on paperwork and a V. President of the company walks in. He had come from Denver to have me sign paperwork allowing me to carry a firearm. Find out later that only security, V.P's and the CEO had this permission. Had a few times I was glad the Browning High Power was along, never had to shoot it thank goodness. :tup2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had a little excitement this morning...   

Back to top Go down

Had a little excitement this morning...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: