Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

"The Early Riser Club."

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2015-10-20

"The Early Riser Club." Empty
PostSubject: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-21, 21:41

SUBJECT: "The Early Riser Club."

RonC  - PM me remarking about many of my posts are made early in the morning much like his. We for most part are on here early in the morning around 5AM MST.

Ron's Thoughts:
   I have noticed that you are one of the few others who rises early in the morning. I thought that I was the only one writing posts at 4:30 am, but many of yours show up at 5'ish or so.
   Maybe this merely is a symptom of advanced age. Perhaps it is just a developed philosophy of making the most of every day. It also could be a side effect of medication (heart medications are notorious for inducing short sleep periods).
   For me, it came about after healing from open-heart surgery. It catches up to me about 10 am and again at 3 pm.

My Reply:
   I get up in the 4-4:30AM to get my Wall Street Journal newspaper (if I wait until 5:30-6:00AM someone has stolen it).
   At the early rising I take the dog out for her morning duties then we come back in and I feed my kids (dog and cat).
   Get on the Internet and find emails from here on different subjects to review and answer in the 5AM range. Finish the first emails then start the coffee and wait for the better half to rise around 8AM.
   Good 3 hours to play on the Frontier site.

RonC suggested we can start an "Early Riser Club."  "The Early Riser Club." Icon_lol

Anyone interested ??? Question   What a Face   :Grace

Like Jon says "Off Topic-Free for All"

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-22, 06:02

Like the kid says "Off Topic-Free for All".

"The Early Riser Club." Img2
"The Early Riser Club." Img3
"The Early Riser Club." Img4
"The Early Riser Club." Img5
"The Early Riser Club." Img6

"The Early Riser Club." Img7

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-22, 09:24

lol!

430-500am = Hunting season.
Back to top Go down
BrownBear

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-22, 09:45

My internal alarm clock goes of at 4AM, no matter what. Since I only need 6 hours of sleep, but need it badly, I can't stay up past 10. Period.  Been doing this for going on 50 years. Started back when I had a family, worked full time, AND went to college full time for a couple of science degrees.  Met myself coming and going, but found I had to get up early for all that homework rather than lose family time in the evening.  And yeah, my wife thinks 8AM is plenty early too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-22, 10:09

My Spinoni Italiono wakes me up every morning about 5:15 AM.  He "always" within 5 minutes of that time.  I get him out and then feed him.  While he's eating I go fetch a cup of java.  He's 7 1/2 months old now so that may explain why he's so perky so early in the morning.   Sad Very Happy
"The Early Riser Club." ZvyI9i

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-22, 12:50

I get up between 3:45 and 4:30 during hunting season but I go to bed at 8:00-8:30. When it's not hunting season, I go to bed at 10:30 or so and get up whenever I wake up which can be as late as 8:00.

I got up early to go hunting yesterday at a "new" place. When I got there, I found that "my friend Irma" had dumped enough rain so the water was over the top of my knee-high boots. I sloshed back to my truck and had breakfast at a diner.
Being wet and miserable is something I don't put up with at my age.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-22, 21:07

I will join the Early Riser's Club after I make it to my first meeting of the Procrastinator's Club. Problem is, they keep postponing the meeting.
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-23, 09:21

Nice dog, Joe. 

I am up early. My dog is good about helping me wake up. I tend to read more than write in the earliest of hours. I prefer to wake up a bit more before worrying too much about grammar mechanics.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-09-24, 16:31

I like your dog, brother-in-law had one of these guys for years. He was a laid back guy that made you smile with his pleasant face, was nice knowing old Bernie.

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 06:17

@Smokin' Joe wrote:
My Spinoni Italiono wakes me up every morning about 5:15 AM.   Sad Very Happy
"The Early Riser Club." ZvyI9i

Joe did "Spinoni" get you up today. Great face on your kid, we all like him.

Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 07:25

These are the dogs who get us up by 5 am. The Golden mix in the first photo is now deceased. The next photo is my wife, Jane, with 2 of our Greyhounds.  Jane is a volunteer foster coordinator for Colorado Greyhound Adoption.
"The Early Riser Club." EaBDci
"The Early Riser Club." Hqwito

The Greyhounds in their preferred status, as 40 mph couch potatoes:
"The Early Riser Club." UepOqU
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 07:51

Did someone say dogs and early riser. Sometimes to early for me."The Early Riser Club." Img_0610

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 09:21

That is cute, Al, the way they cuddle! None of ours will do that.
Ron

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 15:21

Ron try this on every morning, they're just kids guys. If your not feeding them you cleaning poop pans, going to the vet, PetSmart, or the groomers. I have to try and fit time in for me to get to the barber.

"The Early Riser Club." Thegirls

Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 15:31

@RonC wrote:
These are the dogs who get us up by 5 am. The Golden mix in the first photo is now deceased. The next photo is my wife, Jane, with 2 of our Greyhounds.  Jane is a volunteer foster coordinator for Colorado Greyhound Adoption.
"The Early Riser Club." EaBDci
"The Early Riser Club." Hqwito

The Greyhounds in their preferred status, as 40 mph couch potatoes:
"The Early Riser Club." UepOqU
Ron

I'm glad I don't have your dog food bill, Ron. My Boykin only eats one cup of Purina dog chow/day now that she's almost 12 and sleeps a lot.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 15:33

I used to get up at 4am all year long. Then one day it dawned on me that if i'm not hunting there isn't anything to do at 4am. Now, I get up at 7am. Much better.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 16:45

@patocazador wrote:
Quote :
I'm glad I don't have your dog food bill, Ron. My Boykin only eats one cup of Purina dog chow/day now that she's almost 12 and sleeps a lot.

Sure, the dog food bill is steep, but it is nothing compared to the food bill to sustain me. Shocked

The vet bills have the big impact on my retirement funds. I think we sent the vet's kids to college and paid for their vacations.
Ron

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 18:15

My dog eats 4 cups a day and will only eat the premium food with no fillers in it. Plus, 2lbs of lean meat, a few hard boiled eggs and some of whatever i'm eating.

Maybe I should stop running him so much, but he does love the mountains.

Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 20:21

Bear Claw wrote:
My dog eats 4 cups a day and will only eat the premium food with no fillers in it. Plus, 2lbs of lean meat, a few hard boiled eggs and some of whatever i'm eating.

My dog eats only filet mignon, caviar, and Kentucky Bourbon. He insists on dining with female French poodles that model for pet product ads. He insists on hiring a jack russell terrier to fetch for him and makes the cat bark at the mail man. clown

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-05, 21:45

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
Bear Claw wrote:

My dog eats only filet mignon, caviar, and Kentucky Bourbon. He insists on dining with female French poodles that model for pet product ads. He insists on hiring a jack russell terrier to fetch for him and makes the cat bark at the mail man. clown

We heard because of what you just stated with feeding your dog your wife had to figure out how to cut your personal food costs KC. Crying or Very sad
She started buying canned dog food and frying it into hamburger paddies for you. Neutral  
She told your neighbor about the savings of feeding you. The neighbor told your Mrs. "your going to make you sick". pale 
Then you had that accident and were laid up for a spell, she told the neighbor you were under the weather. scratch
The neighbor said "I told you, you would make KC sick...." drunken
Your wife replied "No it wasn't the food, he was sitting on the piano bench licking his balls and fell over backwards and broke his shoulder". Tease

lol!   afro

Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-06, 03:15

"My dog eats 4 cups a day and will only eat the premium food with no fillers in it. Plus, 2lbs of lean meat, a few hard boiled eggs and some of whatever i'm eating."

I met a woman who said she had to feed her dog with a spoon or he wouldn't eat his fancy high-priced, buy from the vet dog food.
I told her to leave the dog with me for a week or two and he would eat dry Purina dog chow. 
She said that I was a cruel ruffian.

So be it.  Neutral

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-06, 06:34

They will eat when they are hungry enough no matter what the food is. That dog had its owner trained in stead of the other way around (just like KC's dog has him trained). Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-06, 06:50

Here's my friends dog that's just a little guy at 134 lb., he rests his jaw on the dinning room table without any effort (just wants you to pet him). He's 8 months old and a big baby. My little 7 lb. white dog bite him on the nose a few month ago now he scare of her. Everyone of these kids has a different personality just like women..... Rolling Eyes  I love you

"The Early Riser Club." Img4

A little guy at 134 lb.

"The Early Riser Club." 6.mos.510
My little 7 lb. baby.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-06, 07:43

It's not my dogs choice to eat the better food. He has an allergy to corn meal. If I give it to him he'll throw up a yellow liquid. It took me awhile to figure it out. He hasn't thrown up since switching to no filler dog food. I still buy it at the super market.

He's not one bit fussy and will eat anything. I choose to feed him the way I do.

On a side note. You put all your dogs against him at the same time and he'll kick all their asses. He'll also chase down a bear and fight it. Maybe you guys should give some real food to your little yappers.

Back to top Go down
rebs

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-02-24

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-06, 08:53

what breed of dog is he ?
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-06, 09:23

Pit Bull 95lbs. He's my whole family. I'd give up what's left of my life for him. As he would for me. Feeding him good is a pleasure on my part.

If you want to get on the wrong side of me? Rag on my dog.

Back to top Go down
rebs

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-02-24

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-06, 12:51

The caretaker at our club has a pitbull and for some reason she just loves me. Every time I see her she whines for me to get down so she can lick my face or she will jump right up in my lap if I am sitting. She knows the sound of my truck and starts running back and forth in the house til they let her out to see me. One time we were sitting on the lawn chairs and a couple other members started walking towards us and she backed right up between my lags and growled and barked at them. She was protecting me. Beautiful dog.

ps I would never rag on your pitbull
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-06, 13:00

My dog is the same way. I live in a senior building and all the old farts love Buddy. He gets spoiled rotten here.

He's really well behaved. Never barks, never chews on anything. I drive a Jeep with no top and doors. He sits on the front passenger seat. I leave him in the Jeep when I go inside a store and he just sits there and waits. Dogs can walk by, deer can walk by and he just waits for me. He's my son with big teeth and a fur coat.

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: "The Early Riser Club."   "The Early Riser Club." Empty2017-11-25, 18:34

@rebs wrote:
The caretaker at our club has a pitbull and for some reason she just loves me. 
Some dogs have no taste for the better things in life, just ask Pete ...  lol!

Back to top Go down

"The Early Riser Club."
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: