Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Scope suggestions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigDaddy

BigDaddy

Male Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 3rd 2017, 1:18 pm

I have a CVA accura V2, and now that Minnesota has made it legal to hunt with a scope, I am looking at mounting one on my V2. What does everyone suggest? Need suggestions for rings and bases also.
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2057
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 3rd 2017, 3:32 pm

Hey BigDaddy, I would suggest you run over to Cabelas.  Then you can look through a variety of scopes and judge for yourself.  On scopes you get what you pay for.  You'll definitely see a difference at dusk and dawn with more clarity looking through a better scope. 

As far as a scope mount, my strong recommendation is the DNZ Game Reaper, (check out at Optics Planet for best price).  They are 1/3rd the weight of the steel mounts and hold your riflescope secure and tight, no slippage.  Don't get the small for your V2.  I always get the medium unless you have a large scope then you might need the tall.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/dnz-dednutz-cva-rifle-1in-scope-mount.html

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

BigDaddy

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 3rd 2017, 4:36 pm

Thanks Joe!!
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3654
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 3rd 2017, 5:05 pm

@BigDaddy wrote:
I have a CVA accura V2, and now that Minnesota has made it legal to hunt with a scope, I am looking at mounting one on my V2. What does everyone suggest? Need suggestions for rings and bases also.
What are you willing to spend, and what''s the longest distance you might shoot at game...100 yards Question
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

BigDaddy

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 3rd 2017, 5:13 pm

Well, I’m in luck, I just went thru some of my old stuff, and I found a DNZ medium mount, so that saved me a little. Marty, my longest shot would probably be 100 to 125 yards. I know you get what you pay for, but I am not looking to spend a ton. Would prefer under 200.
Back to top Go down
csitas

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2017-08-26

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 3rd 2017, 9:24 pm

Do you think he last 10 or so minutes of the day's season, is worth the price of your gun? If so. maybe you want to pay the price.  I've hunted 50 plus years with bp and if I can't say  positive yes, I just won't shoot, and no scope is gonna make that call for me . Things are just not that dire. When I taught hunter saftey , the thing that used to T me off was , the wardens never told the kids why they wanted you to quit for the day., they just told them how much it could cost them.I can't say I would spend that much more to see a few more minutes.
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2057
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 4th 2017, 5:38 am

BigDaddy check out the Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 Rifle Scopes.  They are under $200. I had a BDC model which was very nice.  I didn't really need the BDC for my shooting but I was impressed with the scope.  They have an "inline" model also.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 4th 2017, 6:40 am

Muzzleloaders.com has 6 or 7 Nikon scopes for less than $200.

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/optics/scopes.html?manufacturer=249&utm_source=MuzzleLoader+Customers&utm_campaign=1af594bbc8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_09_26&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_424c620261-1af594bbc8-131208157&mc_cid=1af594bbc8&mc_eid=27435445b6

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

BigDaddy

Scope suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope suggestions   Scope suggestions EmptyOctober 5th 2017, 5:52 pm

Thanks everyone! I ended up ordering this today from Cabelas, they had it on sale for the same price.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/nikon-inline-xr-3-9x40-bdc-300.html?_iv_code=NI-RS-9X40INLINE-6792&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsNfOBRCWARIsAGITapZon0hmfx4s8zKdpqfDAokrZOwULvUWtVdHXvs44-BFnFkVCl2sjLAaAnDSEALw_wcB
Back to top Go down

Scope suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: