Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

cva ramrod end

Go down 
AuthorMessage
redear

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2016-12-12

PostSubject: cva ramrod end   October 14th 2017, 11:47 pm

I would like to remove the brass threaded end of my cva wolf ramrod, the piece that the palm saver screws onto. Has anyone here done that? In other words is it just screwed into the ramrod and easily removed? I am not crazy about the cva ramrod design on the palm saver end and want to remove that brass adapter and do something different. I am gonna use a longer cva ramrod and take it out of the gun when I get to my ground blind, this rod has a spinjag on it and I need the other end to fit down through the thimbles and into the gun. so I need to remove that course threaded brass gizmo. I am wanting to make my own palm saver to screw on there when I get to the stand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redear

PostSubject: Re: cva ramrod end   October 14th 2017, 11:50 pm

I don't ever plan to shoot the gun with the long ramrod installed in the gun. I have to be seated and using shooting sticks because I'm disabled, so I'll just lay it beside me in the blind when hunting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15375
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: cva ramrod end   October 14th 2017, 11:56 pm

I think it would be easier to just buy a new ramrod replacement. That cva ramrod unscrews and extends another 2" so you can get into the breech for cleaning. Girod maybe and cut it to fit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
redear

PostSubject: Re: cva ramrod end   October 15th 2017, 12:52 pm

this is a replacement ramrod, it is a cva rod but a longer model. I use it as a range rod but I actually want to take it with me because I am disabled and my hands and fingers etc are real weak from nerve damage. I have two of these rods, I think I'll just put it in the vise and see if the adapter unscrews. I can always cut it off if it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redear

PostSubject: Re: cva ramrod end   October 15th 2017, 12:55 pm

I could never see how they expect you to use the rod anyway, I mean if you screw the loading jag on there, neither end will fit down through the thimbles and into the gun, but I do love their guns, I really do love their guns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: cva ramrod end   October 15th 2017, 1:42 pm

Hello Redear, If your looking for suggestions, here a couple. 

1. I use the ramrod supplied with my CVA Accura MR.  Once I climb the tree and get in my tree stand I then screw on a loading spinjag on the opposite end from the palm saver.  I then half hitch a piece of duck cord on the palm saver end and hang the ramrod from a tree peg or convenient small branch right beside me.  Works good!

2. Another option: once you're in your stand, take off the palm saver to use that jag to load.  On the other end screw on a T-Handle, half hitch the cord and hang from the tree peg.  

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redear

PostSubject: Re: cva ramrod end   October 15th 2017, 8:07 pm

thanks smoking joe! I did unscrew the brass jag that the palm saver attaches to today, it came off a little hard because it had some kind of thread locker on the threads. It looked like a fine thread size 10 screw thread, a 10-24 was too course to screw back in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cva ramrod end   

Back to top Go down

cva ramrod end
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: