Share | 

New to me Tingle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Randy Johnson

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: New to me Tingle   October 17th 2017, 11:53 am

It arrived today. Tingle half-stock target rifle. Before it is shot it will be refinished as it looks like about a third of the stock is downto bare wood. Barrel and lock may or may not be reblued. This makes #2 for me. I have a real soft spot in my heart for them. Even if they are a cap gun instead of a flintlock.
https://postimg.org/gallery/wjy13ja4/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 1997
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: New to me Tingle   October 18th 2017, 8:01 am

Quite a find you have there! Looks in great condition too. I was doing a little nosing around about Tingle Mfg. Co.  If I read right, Bob Tingle from Shellbyville, Ind. made rifles and pistols back in the 60's.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randy Johnson

PostSubject: Re: New to me Tingle   October 18th 2017, 8:21 am

Probably even before that.
An early mentor for me was one of dad's brother in law's brother. The last time Mack shot at Friendship was 1958. He was living in Maryville, TN when he passed away, and uncle Porter drove down there and brought a few things back. One of them was a Tingle revolver. I never even knew there was such a thing existed, but as soon as I saw it I guessed it was a Tingle product. There was just a certain look about it. I have since found out that something like 25 were made so it is a rare piece. Since Mack hadn't been to Friendship since '58, the revolver was probably at least that old. 
He also had a Hacker Martin pistol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15247
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: New to me Tingle   October 18th 2017, 10:40 am

Looks like a clean machine! That should be a lot of fun to shoot. I don't think Ive ever seen the rifles before, normally the pistols that look modern from Tingle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com Online
Randy Johnson

PostSubject: Re: New to me Tingle   October 18th 2017, 11:37 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
Looks like a clean machine! That should be a lot of fun to shoot. I don't think Ive ever seen the rifles before, normally the pistols that look modern from Tingle.
Real Tingle pistols are hard to find and command a premium most of the time if you do find one. The knockoffs probably shoot as well but don't have any interest for me. 
He also made side slapper single barrel and over/under shotguns. Shelbyville is less than forty miles away which probably has a lot to do with my seeing so many as a teenager back in the sixties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to me Tingle   

Back to top Go down

New to me Tingle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: