View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jotjackson
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2015-01-15

PostSubject: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 25th 2017, 6:32 pm

One of our state Conservation Officers was arrested this week for stealing broad heads valued at $73.00 from Bass Pro. As a law enforcement officer this embarrassed me. I am still shaking my head..........

What in the world was he thinking, there can be no excuse for his behavior. He will probably lose his job, as he should. The Judge and DA will decide the rest.

Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 26th 2017, 12:59 pm

There ain't too much I can think of that's worse than a crooked LEO! Maybe a crooked Judge!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebs

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2017-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 26th 2017, 1:03 pm

I guess there are some not to honest LEO's. Why would he do this, he has a job and gets a paycheck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 26th 2017, 1:09 pm

Yep, he used to have a job with a pay check.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14623
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 26th 2017, 1:10 pm

just plain stupid
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 26th 2017, 7:01 pm

See the cops caught on camera stealing drugs from an 82 year old man's apartment this morning on the news.  It's like at least once a week one of our finest get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.... No  Evil or Very Mad

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 26th 2017, 7:03 pm

@falcon wrote:
Yep, he used to have a job with a pay check.
 Now we can pay for his welfare check ...... afro

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 26th 2017, 7:07 pm

@Sharpsman wrote:
There ain't too much I can think of that's worse than a crooked LEO! Maybe a crooked Judge!!

Lots of judges on the take back east, a justice of the peace can be the worst. Have seen this in action for 20 years in PA and NY, its who you know gets to walk.  pale

Back to top Go down
Jotjackson
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 26th 2017, 7:29 pm

What gets me the most is we both took the same oath. Mine has and always will be a commitment to do the best job I can, obey the law, and help when I can. It is hard for me to wrap my head around something like this. Yes, we see bad stuff all the time but our job is to serve and protect. Good pay, great benefits and a good retirement plan. Gone........over $73.00.

One is for sure, he is no longer my brother in blue!

He truly needs some jail time!

Rant over.

patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 28th 2017, 9:51 am

We had a 6600 acre lease near Selma, Ala. At the time there was only one game warden in Dallas County. They caught him selling game meat (deer) that he and 2 of his partners were spot-lighting on the leases that had mostly out of state hunters. He got 20-30 deer off our lease.
He served no time .. just a fine and loss of a job. He had been caught doing illegal things twice before but he had an "in" with one or more Dallas County commissioners.

A warden in the next county over here in Fla. was observed stealing a chair blind while the owner's son watched him with binocs from a tree stand ... on a WMA. When confronted by the owner, the warden gave him $500 worth of stuff and his blind back so he wouldn't turn him in. The story got around and he was "retired early".

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 28th 2017, 10:12 am

I have a good friend that was our attorney for years (we kept him under contract each year if needed as he was the best one in the area). He became the head judge in northern Colorado handling the bad crimes like armed robberies and murders. John had lots of stories about bad law enforcement officers that came before him as a judge (some were good friends for years, which upset John). Those cases he hated and in some case the judge was changed because of the friendship and at John's request. Like the judge use to say "Crap happens when you get caught brother" that really fits in bad law enforcement. "brother" .... :tdown2   headslap

Back to top Go down
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 28th 2017, 10:59 am

I just read this about 2 NYC cops indicted for rape of an arrested druggie.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-detectives-indicted-rape-18-year-old-girl-article-1.3593969

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 28th 2017, 11:59 am

What's this country doing, you use to figure the cops would help, not be part of the problem... Question

Back to top Go down
Jotjackson
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 28th 2017, 12:12 pm

Not all cops are bad, there are bad apples in every basket. For every one that crosses the line, there are thousands that keep the line between good and bad solid and never cross it. I have served for over 30 years and never once considered violating my oath, tempted, yes, broken it, never!

Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 28th 2017, 1:36 pm

@Jotjackson wrote:
Not all cops are bad, there are bad apples in every basket. For every one that crosses the line, there are thousands that keep the line between good and bad solid and never cross it. I have served for over 30 years and never once considered violating my oath, tempted, yes, broken it, never!

I know what your saying, worked for the phone company for 30 years (half the time as undercover security) employees stealing materials. Put in 18 years as a part time deputy for the country we lived in, so have a little experience. For the last 10 years have run the Neighborhood Watch program for our and several a joining neighbor hoods. Have been asked to ride with local police at different times when a back up set of eyes were needed. Have never ever been approached to do anything other than the job at the time.

Last edited by Buck Conner on October 28th 2017, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   October 28th 2017, 1:37 pm

The bad ones stand out for sure. Back in the late '70s or early '80s the sheriff of my county was arrested for being in cahoots with south Florida drug runners. His group had a clear path through our county but their rivals got leaned on hard. He was caught allowing a plane to land and its cargo of marijuana loaded into 2 p/u trucks like hay bales.
They didn't bother to cover their loads well and an off-duty DEA agent saw the trucks and cargo. They set up a sting and caught the sheriff.
When he got out of jail, he opened a feed & seed store that eventually went out of business.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alabama Game Warden arrested   

Back to top Go down

Alabama Game Warden arrested
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: