Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Pellets out of my sidelock - weird - but accurate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16035
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Pellets out of my sidelock - weird - but accurate   October 26th 2017, 7:16 pm

Funny thing happened... I wanted to shoot some 60gr 2fg goex charges and .015 patches out of my mountain rifle today at 50 yards. I took 3 shots, got sad and then decided to burn off some pellets i had. These were the 100gr jim shockeys gold super sticks.

I did use a 10gr 2fg goex booster so set them off reliable.

Accuracy was a huge different and a massive 110gr load! I guess that 1:48 will stabilize a good heavy dose of powder after all.

Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3208
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Pellets out of my sidelock - weird - but accurate   October 28th 2017, 6:51 pm

It's the powder ... Mad

Back to top Go down
Hylander

Hylander

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2017-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Pellets out of my sidelock - weird - but accurate   November 14th 2017, 7:52 pm

Nice!
I cant see good enough to group that well at 100yds.

Pietta 1858 .44
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3208
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Pellets out of my sidelock - weird - but accurate   November 15th 2017, 8:51 am

I was having the same issues with distance, had both eyes lenses changed back to 20/20 eye sight with no issues. 

A friend that a serious handgun shooter did the same but has normal eye sight in the left eye with the right eye with different lense so he can see his hand guns sights clearer. Took about a month for his brain to re-adjust to these changes with his eye sight. He's does much better shooting and very nicely with the setup. That would really worry me - probably would have that right eye lense changed to match the left. 

After my friend Mark did this he gave me an article that says this not uncommon with the high dollar shooters today, weird crap to me.

Back to top Go down

Pellets out of my sidelock - weird - but accurate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: