View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Question looking for an answer....   November 1st 2017, 9:12 am

SUBJECT: Question looking for an answer....

I was asked about the Friends listing we have and how it works, guess I never paid attention or could answer the concerns.

I see this :

Your friends list allows a rapid access with the members with whom you often discuss.

These requests are pending, they haven't yet been accepted or refused by the receiver.

How do you work/use these was the original question asked?  Question   Exclamation

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
GRRW - Leman Indian Trade Rifle, Hawken Half Stock - various calibers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Bear Claw

Male Number of posts : 9568
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 1st 2017, 10:36 am

You're on my list, so you must have figured it out in the past. I don't think I asked you?

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 1st 2017, 11:40 am

Thanks Pete.

GRRW Collectors Association - H.E. Leman Trade Rifle, J&S Hawken, H.E. Leman NW Trade Gun - all .50 cal.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14623
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 3rd 2017, 9:55 pm

I'll show you tomorrow,  It's real tiny to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Old Smoke

Male Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 4th 2017, 5:28 am

I'm not on anybodies Friend List!   I'm an outcasts outcast.  A pariah!  Sad

Maybe I just smell funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 4th 2017, 5:52 am

@Old Smoke wrote:

You can ask to be someone's friend. Click on Profile, then click on Friends and Foes. It's obvious after that.

I just sent a request to you.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 4th 2017, 8:11 am

@Old Smoke wrote:

Ditto Smokey "I just smell funny".......  lol!

Back to top Go down
Bear Claw

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 4th 2017, 8:24 am

Better than not smelling at all. How boring.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 4th 2017, 2:15 pm

@Bear Claw wrote:

Wish I could taste or smell now, lost those senses 20 years ago by mistake.  A friend and myself had contracted to finish a dozen muzzleloading barrels, butt plates, trigger guards for several builders in the Denver area. They wanted the "motteled gray" look like seen on old weapons with the nice patina.  We knew how to get this after playing around in several attempts. We were using Chlorox and Casey' Cold Bluing very carefully. I had a brainstorm of a faster way to do the process - mix both items together then dip the pieces in. "Sounds good, lets do it" was my friends comment.

I filled a tuna can 1/2 full of Chlorox and then started to pour in the cold bluing - man there was a pastel green gas came up out of the can. That odor put both of us on the floor in seconds, we crawled out of the garage, got away from the door then watched the smoke roll out of the garage. After regrouping I ran inside with my nose and mouth covered grabbed that can and threw it into the trash can outside. I'm having problems breathing and my friend points at the trashcan - now the pastel green smoke is coming out of it. That last for several minutes.

It took several days to recover from that screw-up, then I noticed my ability to smell or taste had changed to zero. Went to the doctor to receive the bad news that my senses may never recover. What we had mixed up was close to mustard gas like used decades before in warfare. My friend passed away last year and like me has never gotten the taste or smelling back. Bottom line don't screw around with adding anything to Chlorox - follow the instructions only.   :Hide

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   November 4th 2017, 2:16 pm

@Buck Conner wrote:
@Bear Claw wrote:

Wish I could taste or smell now, lost those senses 20 years ago by mistake.  A friend and myself had contracted to finish a dozen muzzleloading barrels, butt plates, trigger guards for several builders in the Denver area. They wanted the "motteled gray" look like seen on old weapons with the nice patina.  We knew how to get this after playing around in several attempts. We were using Chlorox and Casey' Cold Bluing very carefully. I had a brainstorm of a faster way to do the process - mix both items together then dip the pieces in. "Sounds good, lets do it" was my friends comment.

I filled a tuna can 1/2 full of Chlorox and then started to pour in the cold bluing - man there was a pastel green gas came up out of the can. That odor put both of us on the floor in seconds, we crawled out of the garage, got away from the door then watched the smoke roll out of the garage. After regrouping I ran inside with my nose and mouth covered grabbed that can and threw it into the trash can outside. I'm having problems breathing and my friend points at the trashcan - now the pastel green smoke is coming out of it. That last for several minutes.

It took several days to recover from that screw-up, then I noticed my ability to smell or taste had changed to zero. Went to the doctor to receive the bad news that my senses may never recover. What we had mixed up was close to mustard gas like used decades before in warfare. My friend passed away last year and like me has never gotten the taste or smelling back. Bottom line don't screw around with adding anything to Chlorox - follow the instructions only.   :Hide

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question looking for an answer....   

Back to top Go down

Question looking for an answer....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: