Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!


Muzzleloading Forum
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in



Ads


Share | 
 

 Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 7th 2017, 8:46 pm

Hey Mike from Oz where the heck are you kid. Did you get caught on private property pokin' around mate. Rolling Eyes†† Suspect

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.


Last edited by Buck Conner on November 14th 2017, 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Mike in Oz

avatar

Male Number of posts : 127
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 9th 2017, 2:20 pm

Not bloody likely mate, i'm the fatest, whitest, most unco ninja that ever lived.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 9th 2017, 7:06 pm

@Mike in Oz wrote:
Not bloody likely mate, i'm the fatest, whitest, most unco ninja that ever lived.....

Well he tells it how it is, I guess.† cheers

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Mike in Oz

avatar

Male Number of posts : 127
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 9th 2017, 9:05 pm

@Buck Conner wrote:
@Mike in Oz wrote:
Not bloody likely mate, i'm the fatest, whitest, most unco ninja that ever lived.....

Well he tells it how it is, I guess.† cheers

No shit pilgrim, i'm too bloody minded to pull a well aimed punch, even at myself! Wink

Anyway to what do i owe the pleasure of this shout-out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 10th 2017, 6:50 am

Most of us like to hear from guys from other countries that shoot which seems to becoming rare as time passes. Myself I find your country interesting with the laws of what you can and can't do. Keep in touch how or what your doing when in the field with your muzzleloader mate.† :tup2

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Mike in Oz

avatar

Male Number of posts : 127
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 10th 2017, 5:04 pm

@Buck Conner wrote:
Most of us like to hear from guys from other countries that shoot which seems to becoming rare as time passes. Myself I find your country interesting with the laws of what you can and can't do. Keep in touch how or what your doing when in the field with your muzzleloader mate.† :tup2

Fair enough mate.

Well i just bought a new pedersoli flintlock alamo in 50 cal and its currently languishing with my dealer while i sort out the paperwork for the police.

Hopefully it should all be done and dusted in another month or so and i'll get to play with my new toy.

(prepares mentally for the voices of derision from American shooters....)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador

avatar

Number of posts : 5837
Age : 75
Location : central Florida
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 11th 2017, 2:32 am

Derision, derision, boo.

_________________
Bob

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 11th 2017, 10:00 am

@Mike in Oz wrote:
Quote :
Well i just bought a new pedersoli flintlock alamo in 50 cal and its currently languishing with my dealer while i sort out the paperwork for the police.

Hopefully it should all be done and dusted in another month or so and i'll get to play with my new toy.

(prepares mentally for the voices of derision from American shooters....)

Are acquiring black powder guns harder than cartridge guns Mike?

Here with black powder we just buy them while modern†guns require a background check that usually takes just a few minutes.

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Mike in Oz

avatar

Male Number of posts : 127
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 12th 2017, 5:18 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
@Mike in Oz wrote:
Quote :
Well i just bought a new pedersoli flintlock alamo in 50 cal and its currently languishing with my dealer while i sort out the paperwork for the police.

Hopefully it should all be done and dusted in another month or so and i'll get to play with my new toy.

(prepares mentally for the voices of derision from American shooters....)

Are acquiring black powder guns harder than cartridge guns Mike?

Here with black powder we just buy them while modern†guns require a background check that usually takes just a few minutes.

I can only dream, of a process that takes less than two months which is the current processing time, which involves paperwork from four different organisations......

Muzzle loading single shot rifles are a category B firearm so they are treated the same as a modern center fire cartridge gun, such as a bolt, pump or leaver action rifle. A self loading rifle like your AR 15 is a category D which is in the same category as magic wands, dragon fire and unicorn glitter farts in other words it is theoretically possible to get hold of one but i wouldn't hold your breath.....

Also all firearms are subject to stringent storage laws and must be kept locked up at all times, some states even require the action to be removed and stored in a separate safe with the ammo stored in another safe.

Also self defense is not a lawful reason to posses a firearm, you shoot someone even if your life is in danger, even if you are in your own home and are licensed to own a firearm, you absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, 100% possitivly will be arrested on the spot and go to jail. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 12th 2017, 9:29 am

Mike if we ever get to that point, many will go off the grid in the mountains with no contact to the outside world other than†their cell phones. I know several that have done this and are doing very comfortably with solar for electricity, a well, holding tank and leach field for waste. Two have gone underground with their buildings so they are not visible from above at a glance. One in the deserts of CA†and another in mountains of MT and one in CO. They only go to town for staples (sugar, salt, pepper, flour, etc., gas for vehicles), everything else is either grown or hunted.

I got to go to†one friends place in eastern CO with a similar setup as mentioned and was really surprised at his living conditions which were very clean and pleasingly comfortable. Built in the side of a hill facing south, it was bright inside and neat to have such security with the hill surrounding three sides. He heats with a pellet stove which can also burn wood if needed. Being in the ground he has a steady temperature of 55 degrees from the ground and only need to warm his home 10-15 degrees to be comfortable until the sun takes over. He has a solar field to take care of his needs for him his dogs and a couple of cats (wife couldn't handle the in the ground thing and split). Neat idea that would take adjusting to ....

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Mike in Oz

avatar

Male Number of posts : 127
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 3:58 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
Mike if we ever get to that point, many will go off the grid in the mountains with no contact to the outside world other than†their cell phones. I know several that have done this and are doing very comfortably with solar for electricity, a well, holding tank and leach field for waste. Two have gone underground with their buildings so they are not visible from above at a glance. One in the deserts of CA†and another in mountains of MT and one in CO. They only go to town for staples (sugar, salt, pepper, flour, etc., gas for vehicles), everything else is either grown or hunted.

I got to go to†one friends place in eastern CO with a similar setup as mentioned and was really surprised at his living conditions which were very clean and pleasingly comfortable. Built in the side of a hill facing south, it was bright inside and neat to have such security with the hill surrounding three sides. He heats with a pellet stove which can also burn wood if needed. Being in the ground he has a steady temperature of 55 degrees from the ground and only need to warm his home 10-15 degrees to be comfortable until the sun takes over. He has a solar field to take care of his needs for him his dogs and a couple of cats (wife couldn't handle the in the ground thing and split). Neat idea that would take adjusting to ....

Mate,†

I hear you, i live rural which helps by putting distance between me and the .gov, living remote would be better but why the hell should i have to live in a hole in the ground....

Government generally shits me to tears and the weak kneed namby pamby bullshit that the government seems to constantly dribble makes me want to punch the world in the face.

I'll keep working within this stupid system and go from there i guess....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 6:21 am

I agree with you, know for a fact living like some friends would never work for the wife. I have and could return to the tipi nomad life style, biggest issue was trash which most don't even think of (didn't want to bury it, had to take it out every couple of weeks to keep area clean and low profile. If on the move you took it with you until you found a place to get rid of it). Most don't think about the common daily things that happen weekly like trash pickup, easy access for food, medical or any of the daily items needed or used. When your living remotely there's nothing easy when compared to city living that you don't even thing about.

A large percentage couldn't survive with a major disaster, look at how folks are displaced with bad weather conditions and they have government help. I know they couldn't live on the ground for any length of time, I probably couldn't either now at my age. But when 20 years younger we were on the ground year around (tipis or primitive shelters) for weeks to a month at a time (what ever the vacation time we had saved up).

Mate with your government you have to be on your toes all the time to try and duck under their playing field.†

I changed the header on this post to get more attention to what your telling us about your country's rules.

I hope the members as well as visitors of this site are paying attention to what you are saying about your governement rules. It could happen to anyone with the way things are changing in the world today, scary guys wake up you may be next.
____________________________________

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Mike in Oz

avatar

Male Number of posts : 127
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 6:30 am

Just keep defending your rights and don't give an inch because once they are gone, you're never getting them back.

Ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 6:46 am

@Mike in Oz wrote:
Just keep defending your rights and don't give an inch because once they are gone, you're never getting them back.

Ever.

Wake up folks - get involved, don't let the bastards in Washington change anything in our 200 year old guide lines written by probably the smartest men of the day.

If not a member of the NRA (National Rifle Association) join up today, they are fighting for our rights 24X7.††https://membership.nra.org/Join/Annuals

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
patocazador

avatar

Number of posts : 5837
Age : 75
Location : central Florida
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 8:55 am

I've been a life member of the NRA since 1975. They are mainly a lobbying organization but that's the game they play in D.C.

I have received the "American Hunter" free since 1975. That has paid for my membership twice.

_________________
Bob

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 10:15 am

@patocazador wrote:
I've been a life member of the NRA since 1975. They are mainly a lobbying organization but that's the game they play in D.C.

I have received the "American Hunter" free since 1975. That has paid for my membership twice.

My father signed me up with a Life membership on my 18th birthday - 1958 and back then the amount was the year $58.00 total. The magazines alone are worth more than that amount after all these years.

This was an interesting article in the Salt Lake Tribune this morning.


_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
patocazador

avatar

Number of posts : 5837
Age : 75
Location : central Florida
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 10:39 am

Tell Thad Box to go to Hell! :Bat

_________________
Bob

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike in Oz

avatar

Male Number of posts : 127
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2017-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 3:41 pm

@Buck Conner wrote:
@patocazador wrote:
I've been a life member of the NRA since 1975. They are mainly a lobbying organization but that's the game they play in D.C.

I have received the "American Hunter" free since 1975. That has paid for my membership twice.

My father signed me up with a Life membership on my 18th birthday - 1958 and back then the amount was the year $58.00 total. The magazines alone are worth more than that amount after all these years.

This was an interesting article in the Salt Lake Tribune this morning.


That's a disingenuous article and it skims over the top of a lot of Australias firearm issues.

First of all, regular LAFO's as a trend are among the most law abiding of our society, I.E we rarely get so much as a speeding ticket (no-one wants to be the subject of a traffic stop with a firearm in the car!) let alone commit more serious offences but yet we are vilified and persecuted by the lawmakers and a large cross section of the general public.

Why? Because we are a much easier target than going after serious hardened criminals who actually break the laws, the mentally ill who have a problem that few in power will acknowledge or attempt to deal with because its too hard or expensive or those who are radicalised and want a body count on the evening news.

But where are they getting the guns? They must be from LAFO's right? Wrong. Criminals of every stripe are obtaining their firearms via Australia's porous borders or by illegal manufacture within Australia, dealing with those porous borders and criminal manufacture is beyond the ability of the police and the government. Its simply just too damn big and too damn expensive.

Also applying logic and common sense doesn't fit the current paradigm and narrative that is being pushed by the government and media.†

But if you want to see what this narrative looks like when the government gets its way, go search the UK news where you have celebrity chiefs on national TV standing in support of the police calling for a ban on kitchen knives more than 4" long.

I shit you not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador

avatar

Number of posts : 5837
Age : 75
Location : central Florida
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 3:53 pm

"But if you want to see what this narrative looks like when the government gets its way, go search the UK news where you have celebrity chiefs on national TV standing in support of the police calling for a ban on kitchen knives more than 4" long."


How can you slice a loaf of bread with a 4" knife, or cut up a watermelon and you sure as hell can't butcher a deer with one that size unless you're making stew meat. crazy

_________________
Bob

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 4:39 pm

@patocazador wrote:
How can you slice a loaf of bread with a 4" knife, or cut up a watermelon and you sure as hell can't butcher a deer with one that size unless you're making stew meat. crazy

I have gutted and cut up deer, elk and even buffalo for years with my hand forged 4 inch drop point with out any issues as have a half dozen friends. Fresh meat slices very nicely into roast, steaks, etc.† The old baloney of a 9-10 in blade is going out the window these days, no one wants to pack them around unless your the Crocodile Hunter.

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
patocazador

avatar

Number of posts : 5837
Age : 75
Location : central Florida
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 6:04 pm

We're not talking about carrying knives, Buck. It's kitchen knives.

I'd hate to have a steak of of an elk cut (hacked) with a 4" blade.

_________________
Bob

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1632
Age : 109
Location : Luna
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 6:47 pm

@Mike in Oz wrote:
@Buck Conner wrote:
Most of us like to hear from guys from other countries that shoot which seems to becoming rare as time passes. Myself I find your country interesting with the laws of what you can and can't do. Keep in touch how or what your doing when in the field with your muzzleloader mate.† :tup2

Fair enough mate.

Well i just bought a new pedersoli flintlock alamo in 50 cal and its currently languishing with my dealer while i sort out the paperwork for the police.

Hopefully it should all be done and dusted in another month or so and i'll get to play with my new toy.

(prepares mentally for the voices of derision from American shooters....)

No derision here, mate. I own a Pendersoli Perc Cap dbl barrel 12 Ga shotgun I bought from a member here. Fun.†
I look forward to hearing your adventures with your new flinter.

_________________
"One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy†
over the good fortune of others."
― Robert Heinlein


Florida Muzzleloaders Association†
Central Florida Muzzleloaders†
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigAl52
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 530
Age : 65
Location : Evans, Colorado
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 8:33 pm

Im an NRA life member. I would give them more money if they would get rid of La Pierre. He gave Harry Reid money and supported that back stabbing bastard for office. Im never gettin over it till they show that stupid Pierre the door.

_________________
Have you ever just sat and thought man I've been through a lot of shit

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2402
Age : 78
Location : Lehi Utah
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 14th 2017, 9:39 pm

@patocazador wrote:
We're not talking about carrying knives, Buck. It's kitchen knives.

I'd hate to have a steak of of an elk cut (hacked) with a 4" blade.

I'm talking about used in a kitchen, sharper, hander than most long flimsy blade long knives which a large percentage have (the cheap crap like you have Bob Smile ).

One†of my part time†jobs while in college was working in a butcher shop, 4- 5†inch blade hunting style†knives (because of the thicker stronger blades that don't twist) were used. Many were Green River knives like the short bladed Buffalo Skinner. They are sharp enough that there's no hacked meat, all clean smooth cuts. Just about every butcher shop/wild game processing shop in the New England states had the same equipment back in the 60's.

_________________
† †CONTACT - GREEN RIVER RIFLE WORKS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION†- RIFLES & PISTOLS AT: grrw.ca@gmail.com† †WEBSITE:†http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/index.htm


.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
RonC
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1028
Age : 71
Location : Golden, CO
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   November 16th 2017, 8:08 pm

That Thad Box article talks about "assault rifles." What assault rifles? The shooters used a rifle no different in function than a Ruger "ranch" rifle, or Mini-14.
Oh, the basic Ruger Mini-14 is not black. I guess that ole Thad assumes that if you color a rifle black, it becomes an assault rifle. Rolling Eyes




Ron

_________________
RonC

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Manís Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, Itís Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks   

Back to top Go down
 
Australia's Rules Are Hard - You Better Pay Attention To This Folks
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: