Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!


MUZZLELOADING FORUM
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads


Share | 
 

 Ordering a new Great Plains

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hylander

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Age : 57
Location : CALIFORNIA
Registration date : 2017-11-07

PostSubject: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 13th 2017, 11:15 pm

50 Cal. Lyman Great Plains Rifle.
Was going to order direct from Lyman, but they are out and don't know when they will recieve more.
So I plan to order from Hinterland Outfitters.
Has anyone have nay experience with them?
Best price I have found ($524 delivered) and reviews are good and they are A+ BBB rated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum
avatar

Male Number of posts : 15696
Age : 34
Location : Boncarbo,Colorado
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 13th 2017, 11:58 pm

never heard of them. Ive been going to www.muzzle-loaders.com lately due to the shipping prices and the fact that their prices have always been fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com Online
Hylander

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Age : 57
Location : CALIFORNIA
Registration date : 2017-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 12:02 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
never heard of them. Ive been going to www.muzzle-loaders.com lately due to the shipping prices and the fact that their prices have always been fair.

I was going to order from them, but they are out of stock.
Also Midsouth is out.
All the others that have stock are much higher priced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum
avatar

Male Number of posts : 15696
Age : 34
Location : Boncarbo,Colorado
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 12:08 am

oh wow that is surprising!

well, you should be happy with your gun either way. I have my friends 54 GPR over here right now, going to bed the tang and change out the rear sight on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com Online
MattRaymond



Number of posts : 93
Age : 46
Location : Connecticut
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 5:57 am

I have a GPR caplock in .54. It's very accurate and my go-to patched roundball gun for whitetail
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincem

avatar

Male Number of posts : 61
Age : 66
Location : Conifer Colorado
Registration date : 2016-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 7:13 am

I have had a replacement GPR for a defective gun back ordered from Lyman since August, they just shipped it on Thursday so they must have gotten their shipment from Investarms.
That's a good price and you will be covered by your credit card if any problems should arise in the transaction. Once you have your gun Lyman handles any warranty issues and their customer service in outstanding. You will be happy with the GPR, it's a great gun.

_________________
www.mohawkbows.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mohawkbows.com
patocazador

avatar

Number of posts : 5862
Age : 75
Location : central Florida
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 8:51 am

@Vincem wrote:
Once you have your gun Lyman handles any warranty issues and their customer service in outstanding. You will be happy with the GPR, it's a great gun.


I beg to differ. I had reloading dies where the sizing die was way off as far as reduction goes. I wrote them twice. They ignored both emails. I called them and got the run-around.
My experience confirmed that I would never buy another Lyman product. :tdown2

_________________
Bob

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincem

avatar

Male Number of posts : 61
Age : 66
Location : Conifer Colorado
Registration date : 2016-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 9:42 am

@patocazador wrote:
@Vincem wrote:
Once you have your gun Lyman handles any warranty issues and their customer service in outstanding. You will be happy with the GPR, it's a great gun.


I beg to differ. I had reloading dies where the sizing die was way off as far as reduction goes. I wrote them twice. They ignored both emails. I called them and got the run-around.
My experience confirmed that I would never buy another Lyman product. :tdown2
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with Lyman. I have had excellent personal experience with their lifetime warranty on their products and professionalism. They just replaced a gun that I bought used because the touch hole/pan alignment was off. Service above and beyond in my opinion. Maybe I just got lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mohawkbows.com
Hylander

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Age : 57
Location : CALIFORNIA
Registration date : 2017-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 10:14 am

@Vincem wrote:
I have had a replacement GPR for a defective gun back ordered from Lyman since August, they just shipped it on Thursday so they must have gotten their shipment from Investarms.
That's a good price and you will be covered by your credit card if any problems should arise in the transaction. Once you have your gun Lyman handles any warranty issues and their customer service in outstanding. You will be happy with the GPR, it's a great gun.

Yes, they said received 7 rifles and the where already allocated.
They said it would be about another 8 weeks before they receive anymore.
They do have lots of kits in stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hylander

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Age : 57
Location : CALIFORNIA
Registration date : 2017-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 11:36 am

Well, 
For better or for worse, I just placed the order with Hinterland Outfitters.
I called first and verified it was in stock.
Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hylander

avatar

Male Number of posts : 179
Age : 57
Location : CALIFORNIA
Registration date : 2017-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 14th 2017, 11:07 pm

Well that was fast.
It has already shipped, UPS ..
Scheduled delivery is Friday.
Weird thing though, company's address is Huston Texas and it shipped from Louisiana  Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hunting savage



Number of posts : 148
Age : 71
Location : southern Mi
Registration date : 2014-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   November 18th 2017, 7:56 am

THESE ARE GREAT GUNS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ordering a new Great Plains   

Back to top Go down
 
Ordering a new Great Plains
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: