Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1563
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season Empty
PostSubject: Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season   Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season Empty2017-11-18, 05:46

Won't go out this morning.   The wind is blowing at a steady 33 mph, gusting to 47 mph.   Wind will shift to the south this afternoon and diminish.   Will hit the woods at about 1 pm.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season   Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season Empty2017-11-18, 08:26

It's not our 1st day but I try to sit out weekends due to the crazies  geek in the woods. Yesterday I went to a "secluded" spot .. with only 4 other hunters around. It's doe days and they come out of the woodwork.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season   Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season Empty2017-11-18, 10:56

man the wind has been killer!

Careful when you go out Floyd, I know how that place is where you hunt.
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1563
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season   Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season Empty2017-11-18, 20:08

Got at the lease at 15;00.   Sat in the stand until about 16:00 when i saw three big hogs.   Shot one with the Encore.   He took off and crashed in the creek.   About 17:30  a fat  buck with a nice four point rack on one side and a miss shaped rack on the other side came within 25 yards of the stand.  i made the BAAAAAAAA sound and he stopped.  

Probably should have culled that buck  but i gave him a pass.    We are allowed two bucks for the year and i've killed one.   i want a fat doe and old mossy horns.

Tomorrow morning i'll be in a metal blind.
Back to top Go down

Today-First Day Of OK Deer Gun Season
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: