Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John Neslen

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...   November 18th 2017, 9:43 am

Her I sit behind a spotting scope/binoculars watching some nice whitetail bucks daily, some not 15' from our deck that goes around house on three sides. My 1841 and two T/C MZL's have yet to be loaded and the season opened Nov 10. But I still have through Dec 9 to fill my tag.
I hope my new left knee surgeon will release me from the walker when I see him Nov 28 as that will be 34 days since the surgery.
My wife also has a tag and has turned down a couple "shooters" that were here in our yard following my pet Molly in for her twice daily corn and apple treats. That is not fair chase so they are still around. Of course once they leave the yard they are always those few yards out of her comfortable shooting range. And she is waiting for a big boy so I will have the chance to take what she turns down.
I just hope to get in a few days of hunting during the last week.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5417
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...   November 18th 2017, 11:03 am

Just sit on the 4-wheeler with the motor off. Use the handle bars for a rest. That won't mess up your knee.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14688
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...   November 18th 2017, 11:29 am

I am always amazed by the animals that show up at your place! Just an amazing experience. And lets not forget about the view!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
rebs

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2017-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...   November 19th 2017, 6:50 am

John the four wheeler might not be a bad idea. Can you post some pics of your place ? I would enjoy seeing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Neslen

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...   November 19th 2017, 9:02 am

I have a Honda Rancher with left foot shift and I am not yet able to bend my surgical knee back enough to get my cold weather boots under the shift lever. If it was not for my back issues I could reach down and shift by hand. I have never shot a game animal from a vehicle or an ATV and doubt I ever will. I have had opportunities to shoot bulls, bucks, antelope, and bear by just opening a door, but there is no fair chase challenge to doing that. And if we had tags and in season moose, wolf, and bighorn sheep could also have been taken. Mountain goats on the high peaks can be viewed with our spotting scope. My wife did harvest a mountain lion in the creek bottom not far from our house a couple months back.

The last couple of years I have been unable to pack bait to where I have baited for over 25 years. I offered a bear over bait hunt to anyone here that would help pack bait and set up our stand and barrel and have had ZERO takers.

There was a nice 4x4 whitetail by our barn this morning. My wife did not want him so we just watched him go into the creek bottom.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsman

Male Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...   November 19th 2017, 10:39 am

John....you're living in a HEAVEN ON EARTH!!

Hang in there! That knee's gonna be OK!

Guys...John has sent me some photos of his surrounding area and game taken and they're OUTSTANDING!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...   

Back to top Go down

The bucks are safe from me for another ten days...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: