Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Triple seven pellets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
redear

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2016-12-12

PostSubject: Triple seven pellets   November 27th 2017, 9:40 pm

I tried to get away from the load I used last year, 2 triple 7 pellets for 100 gr. and a 295 gr. powerbelt hp bullet out of my wolf. I spent a ton of money on blackhorn powder, breech plug, all kinds of bullets etc. and ended up coming back to my old load just before deer season because I couldn't find a load that would beat it. Ended up taking a middling buck at a ranged 187 yards and last year this load took one at 162. I don't know what I'm trying to say here except that I feel foolish for spending all that money. lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Triple seven pellets   November 28th 2017, 5:54 am

There is a message here.   If you have a load that works well stick with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Triple seven pellets   November 28th 2017, 6:36 am

I agree with falcon!  Don't change nothing!!  Why change if you are getting results you are happy with.  I probably wouldn't even attempt to shoot at a deer at the distances your shooting and I'm using BH209.  My complaint with triple 7 pellets is trying to quickly load that second shot due to the crud ring.  Not easy.

Great shooting!!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redear

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2016-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Triple seven pellets   November 28th 2017, 8:25 pm

As for the distance I do agree it is a bit far to be shooting but I shot the gun a lot and when I hunt I sit on a good seat and use a bog pod set of shooting sticks and a range finder, this setup allows for a very steady aim. Also I added a good bit of lead weight to the guns fore arm stock so it sits heavy on the sticks. yeah the crud ring, my gun gets it bad and I couldn't reload without swabbing, my dads magbolt rifle doesn't get the ring though and not as much fouling either. I do worry about shelf life and have been buying a new box each year with current man. date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triple seven pellets   

Back to top Go down

Triple seven pellets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Powder Room-
Jump to: