Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5410
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Game Camera pics   December 5th 2017, 5:45 pm

Not many 4x4s around anymore. You better get busy and draw a tag for next season.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14683
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Game Camera pics   December 5th 2017, 7:03 pm

Shoot, i don't bother with this area! They normally come out at night around here or very late season when all the hunts are over. They have some weird patterns and its just impossible to try for a buck where i live. Its been a while since ive seen any deer out back, turkey even longer!

I like to put in for a doe tag in my hunting area. Lots of places to see and explore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1720
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Game Camera pics   December 7th 2017, 1:58 pm

@patocazador wrote:
Not many 4x4s around anymore. You better get busy and draw a tag for next season.
In the Rockies we see them every day, like Jon said the smarter larger bucks wait until dark and then they are gone in the hunting seasons. Most will last 7-8 years then fall pray to other animals. I have been watching an even sized rack (each side equals the other) for 3 seasons (years) now. Probably didn't give him a second look until he reached 3-4 years of age. My grandson dreams of this guy, see's him all the time when feeding the horses until a week before the seasons open, then he's gone until Feburary and then he's back until next fall.  The buck is a perfect 6 X 6 last time seen, have several of his shed racks dropped when younger.  Have several others that are close to him, just younger. A couple writers for Western Outdoors have seen these mule deer and asked permission to come in to film them for an article before the next season begins (still thinkng about that reguest). 

Outside Cheyenne theres a state study on horn growth, using mineral salt blocks they have seen some monster mule deer, elk and antelope from their testing operation.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Camera pics   

Back to top Go down

Game Camera pics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Lodge! :: The Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: