Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 3403
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 23rd 2017, 6:54 am

santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huntin_Dawg1215

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 23rd 2017, 7:42 am

That's a pretty tree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 23rd 2017, 7:56 am

@Huntin_Dawg1215 wrote:
That's a pretty tree.
Thanks 'Dawg1215.    My wife gets full credit for the tree.  However, I did help decorate the house though with my version  of " Rudolph" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 25th 2017, 5:28 pm

santa My wife got me a few outdoor sporting shirts for Christmas.  Very Happy  Check out this one's logo Arrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5589
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 25th 2017, 6:04 pm

I got a big screen smart TV. The old tube model with a digital converter was fine with me. This one has too many doodad programs that I will never use. It doesn't even have a place to attach the rabbit ears.  Wink

Why can't my kids leave me back in the 20th century where I belong?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 25th 2017, 6:32 pm

@patocazador wrote:
I got a big screen smart TV. The old tube model with a digital converter was fine with me. This one has too many doodad programs that I will never use. It doesn't even have a place to attach the rabbit ears.  Wink

You might need to invite the grand kids over to watch TV Bob

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 25th 2017, 6:34 pm

@Marty wrote:
santa My wife got me a few outdoor sporting shirts for Christmas.  Very Happy  Check out this one's logo Arrow
Thats a cool shirt Marty I like it. Al

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14951
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 25th 2017, 9:12 pm

Got my dad a new muzzy this year for us to build.

BrownBear

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 4:43 am

I'm blessed with a wife who grew up behind the counter of her family's old-time sporting goods store, a bird dog kennel and their own trap range in their back yard. They always had a fishing boat of some sort and spent every spare weekend fishing streams in the high country, whether hiking or straddling their own string of horse.  As a result she thinks all this hunting and fishing stuff is perfectly normal, but she expects to be right in the thick of it too! I didn't recognize the significance when I was a young man strutting my courting clothes so many years ago, but I've been enjoying the benefits for almost 50 years now.

It all came to a head this Christmas when she put one of these under the tree, or rather in the driveway.  Not a blooming thing to do with muzzleloading, but I'll suffer through it.  Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 9:43 am

BrownBear, That has to be for SW Florida, it's too small for Alaskan offshore waters. It sure is a honey.

Years ago I went diving on a 26' off Destin. The name of the boat was "The Money Funnel." I never heard a name that perfectly described what a boat is before that.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 10:23 am

Awesome gift you got your Dad FG.  What a great way to spend time together Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9806
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 12:26 pm

Yup! Your dad looks happy. Good that he's getting into a real muzzleloader.

Now, go buy him some real black powder.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrownBear

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 2:06 pm

@patocazador wrote:
BrownBear, That has to be for SW Florida, it's too small for Alaskan offshore waters. It sure is a honey.

Years ago I went diving on a 26' off Destin. The name of the boat was "The Money Funnel." I never heard a name that perfectly described what a boat is before that.

Yup, we're wintering on Pine Island now.  This is most certainly a Florida boat with almost zero use in Alaska. But it's in the driveway here because our Alaska boat would have about zero use here! Smile

Money Funnel is the perfect name for a boat!  We keep the AK boat simple, so it's not too bad.  This new FL boat has so many electric doodahs on it, that might be just the right name for it too once they start wearing out....  Hopefully far into the future!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 2:49 pm

@patocazador wrote:

They're telling you to get on board 'pat  Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 2:58 pm

Bear Claw wrote:
Yup! Your dad looks happy. Good that he's getting into a real muzzleloader.

Now, go buy him some real black powder.
You're a purist 'Claw...but right.   I couldn't image building a traditional smoker without giving it a taste of the "real stuff".  I'm sure FG and his Dad will build a smoker that will eat whatever they feed it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1920
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 3:15 pm

@patocazador wrote:

Pato, just think about all that "Tin Foil" you'll save now that you were using on those old rabbit ears.  Very Happy

Semper Fi……..

Pennsylvania Fowler Flintlock .62 Cal (46" Oct to round barrel)
Investarm Hawken .58 cal. Flintlock
Investarm Hawken .54 cal. Percussion
CVA Accura MR nitride .50 cal. - 2-8x32 Nikon Monarch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigDaddy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 26th 2017, 6:00 pm

$50 CAbelas Gift Card
Boot Dryer
Bushnell Trophy Extreme Range Finder
Outdoor Edge knife set
Fuzzy Blanket
Smart Wool Socks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 27th 2017, 7:17 am

I did pre-order a new muzzy .54 cal. colonial rifle kit from Kibler's Longrifles.  43.25" Rice swamped barrel and a Chambers lock.  I won't see it for awhile due to the high number of pre-orders they received.  I decided on the easy way this time.  These kits should be easy to put together.  Once I get started I'll show the progress in the Gun Builder's Corner as it's coming along.

Semper Fi……..

Last edited by Smokin' Joe on December 27th 2017, 7:47 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : posted larger pic)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 27th 2017, 8:30 am

I'm not a builder, but i've read the inletting for a swamped barrel can be tricky. Is that all done for you? It looks like a nice kit.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 27th 2017, 8:44 am

Pete, this is truly a kit.  "Everything" is completely inletted on this stock.  I wanted to spend my time on the finishing.  My daughter gave me a couple of videos on "Beginning Carving and Beginning Engraving".  I have plenty of time to practice before the rifle is shipped.  I'm going to give it my best and see how it comes out.  I'll hunt with it next fall.  It's going to be a fun project and I should end up with a very nice rifle.

Semper Fi……..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 27th 2017, 9:44 am

How much was the kit? Do they make a lefty?

edit.....I looked him up. No lefty and nothing bigger than a.45. That won't work in Colorado for big game. I'd have to use a conical to be legal for deer and no way to make it legal for elk. Too bad it looks like a nice gun.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 27th 2017, 9:50 am

Pete, No "Left" handed kits for this model at this time.  Right hand only.

Here's the link:   https://kiblerslongrifles.com/collections/colonial-rifle-kit

Semper Fi……..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 27th 2017, 5:26 pm

Swamped barrel = heaven. I am going to watch every step, Joe.  :rtup

Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 28th 2017, 6:25 am

the complete rozetta stone french.already gone through 1 and 2, now i can do the rest. french is finally making sense to me. when i was in the navy i was stationed with the french on a french base in africa for two years. my mother is french. always wanted to learn french, now im on my way to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   December 28th 2017, 6:29 am

Good for you Strong Eagle!!

Semper Fi……..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   

Back to top Go down

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: