Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3801
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty
PostSubject: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-23, 06:54

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Copyof_Copyof_IMG_0007         
Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Seasons_greetingssanta
Back to top Go down
Huntin_Dawg1215

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-23, 07:42

That's a pretty tree.
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-23, 07:56

@Huntin_Dawg1215 wrote:
That's a pretty tree.
Thanks 'Dawg1215.    My wife gets full credit for the tree.  However, I did help decorate the house though with my version  of " Rudolph" Very Happy

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} 20171205_161041_-_Copy1
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-25, 17:28

santa My wife got me a few outdoor sporting shirts for Christmas.  Very Happy  Check out this one's logo Arrow
Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} 20171225_153736_-_Copy
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-25, 18:04

I got a big screen smart TV. The old tube model with a digital converter was fine with me. This one has too many doodad programs that I will never use. It doesn't even have a place to attach the rabbit ears.  Wink

Why can't my kids leave me back in the 20th century where I belong?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-25, 18:32

@patocazador wrote:
I got a big screen smart TV. The old tube model with a digital converter was fine with me. This one has too many doodad programs that I will never use. It doesn't even have a place to attach the rabbit ears.  Wink

You might need to invite the grand kids over to watch TV Bob

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-25, 18:34

@Marty wrote:
santa My wife got me a few outdoor sporting shirts for Christmas.  Very Happy  Check out this one's logo Arrow
Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} 20171225_153736_-_Copy
Thats a cool shirt Marty I like it. Al

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16344
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-25, 21:12

Got my dad a new muzzy this year for us to build.

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} 20171210
Back to top Go down
BrownBear

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 04:43

I'm blessed with a wife who grew up behind the counter of her family's old-time sporting goods store, a bird dog kennel and their own trap range in their back yard. They always had a fishing boat of some sort and spent every spare weekend fishing streams in the high country, whether hiking or straddling their own string of horse.  As a result she thinks all this hunting and fishing stuff is perfectly normal, but she expects to be right in the thick of it too! I didn't recognize the significance when I was a young man strutting my courting clothes so many years ago, but I've been enjoying the benefits for almost 50 years now.

It all came to a head this Christmas when she put one of these under the tree, or rather in the driveway.  Not a blooming thing to do with muzzleloading, but I'll suffer through it.  Razz
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 09:43

BrownBear, That has to be for SW Florida, it's too small for Alaskan offshore waters. It sure is a honey.

Years ago I went diving on a 26' off Destin. The name of the boat was "The Money Funnel." I never heard a name that perfectly described what a boat is before that.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 10:23

Awesome gift you got your Dad FG.  What a great way to spend time together Wink
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 12:26

Yup! Your dad looks happy. Good that he's getting into a real muzzleloader.

Now, go buy him some real black powder.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
BrownBear

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 14:06

@patocazador wrote:
BrownBear, That has to be for SW Florida, it's too small for Alaskan offshore waters. It sure is a honey.

Years ago I went diving on a 26' off Destin. The name of the boat was "The Money Funnel." I never heard a name that perfectly described what a boat is before that.

Yup, we're wintering on Pine Island now.  This is most certainly a Florida boat with almost zero use in Alaska. But it's in the driveway here because our Alaska boat would have about zero use here! Smile

Money Funnel is the perfect name for a boat!  We keep the AK boat simple, so it's not too bad.  This new FL boat has so many electric doodahs on it, that might be just the right name for it too once they start wearing out....  Hopefully far into the future!
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 14:49

@patocazador wrote:

They're telling you to get on board 'pat  Razz
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 14:58

Bear Claw wrote:
Yup! Your dad looks happy. Good that he's getting into a real muzzleloader.

Now, go buy him some real black powder.
You're a purist 'Claw...but right.   I couldn't image building a traditional smoker without giving it a taste of the "real stuff".  I'm sure FG and his Dad will build a smoker that will eat whatever they feed it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 15:15

@patocazador wrote:

Pato, just think about all that "Tin Foil" you'll save now that you were using on those old rabbit ears.  Very Happy

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

BigDaddy

Male Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-26, 18:00

$50 CAbelas Gift Card
Boot Dryer
Bushnell Trophy Extreme Range Finder
Outdoor Edge knife set
Fuzzy Blanket
Smart Wool Socks
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-27, 07:17

I did pre-order a new muzzy .54 cal. colonial rifle kit from Kibler's Longrifles.  43.25" Rice swamped barrel and a Chambers lock.  I won't see it for awhile due to the high number of pre-orders they received.  I decided on the easy way this time.  These kits should be easy to put together.  Once I get started I'll show the progress in the Gun Builder's Corner as it's coming along.

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} FQspVu
Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} TfxnbG

Semper Fi……..

Last edited by Smokin' Joe on 2017-12-27, 07:47; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : posted larger pic)
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-27, 08:30

I'm not a builder, but i've read the inletting for a swamped barrel can be tricky. Is that all done for you? It looks like a nice kit.

Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-27, 08:44

Pete, this is truly a kit.  "Everything" is completely inletted on this stock.  I wanted to spend my time on the finishing.  My daughter gave me a couple of videos on "Beginning Carving and Beginning Engraving".  I have plenty of time to practice before the rifle is shipped.  I'm going to give it my best and see how it comes out.  I'll hunt with it next fall.  It's going to be a fun project and I should end up with a very nice rifle.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-27, 09:44

How much was the kit? Do they make a lefty?

edit.....I looked him up. No lefty and nothing bigger than a.45. That won't work in Colorado for big game. I'd have to use a conical to be legal for deer and no way to make it legal for elk. Too bad it looks like a nice gun.

Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-27, 09:50

Pete, No "Left" handed kits for this model at this time.  Right hand only.

Here's the link:   https://kiblerslongrifles.com/collections/colonial-rifle-kit

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-27, 17:26

Swamped barrel = heaven. I am going to watch every step, Joe.  :rtup

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-28, 06:29

Good for you Strong Eagle!!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-28, 10:06

I also got a new camera that actually takes pictures inside the house without giving me a hard time! That 24mm lens sure picks up the light a hell of a lot better! Also got a new Primos trail camera thats the size of my palm and 8mp. I will use this as my scouting camera as its so tiny and hard to find.
Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} 100_0012
Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} 100_0013
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-28, 10:34

LOL...the pup is growing up.

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-28, 10:41

shes a little hog. Has to eat twice a day in order to maintain weight. Shes beefy.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}   Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year...               :)} Empty2017-12-28, 11:13

Yeah, I have to feed Bud twice a day too. Plus, a snack for lunch. He eats as much as I do. Maybe I shouldn't run him so much, but he loves it.

Back to top Go down

Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: