AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1809
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Another Move From Hell.   January 2nd 2018, 7:49 am

SUBJECT: Another Move From Hell.

The movers placed our belongings in those 8 foot X 8 foot X 8 foot plywood containers (two semi's with 60 foot trailers and a total of eleven boxes plus a 28 foot van. 

We finally got everything thing in one place I hope, still looking for some missing items. Then we fight with the insurance companies on some damaged items. It really ticked me off how some valuable items got damaged or broken (most family antiques) and they were told at time of picking these items up to handle with care. Broke a leg off a 100 year old wall unit, top off a wall mirror same age, damaged a 200 year old blanket chest, broke the corner off a 75-80 year old Jefferson writing desk plus usual marks and dings. I told the wife how come they handle a 400 lb. item that goes in my shop with care then beat up the expensive house wares?

Now its put everything back together so we can find stuff and rebuild my shop one more time with "V" board paneling 4 foot high painted in battle ship gray in total 3-1/2 car garage, workbenches, shelving (this time covered to keep cleaner and nosey eyes from doing inventory).

We need to get a few items cleared up (a few weeks) then I'll send Jon the first of three GRRW.CA guns for tuning, glass bedding and using his products on. He will then write an article for "Backwoodsmen" on the GRRW.CA gun and what he found and what he has done to improve the accuracy. Duel purpose article, advertising for GRRW.CA plus advertising for Jon's Services and his products, how sweet is that.

RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Another Move From Hell.   January 2nd 2018, 9:04 am

How far did you have to move?

Moves are highly stressful, even if done for positive purposes. I hope you settle in quickly.
Ron

Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1809
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Another Move From Hell.   January 3rd 2018, 6:29 am

We were going to move 20 miles up the road, but had issues with the build plus the HOA and freekin' old people (senior community). Ended up going only 3 miles for the new home with mixed age community (lots of work to get back to square one) with arranging inside, garage and the outside. I hate moving ...  Mad

As we put things away we are keeping a list of any new marks, dings or broken pieces for the insurance to handle. I hate moving ...  Mad

Security is almost complete with security storm doors and window well grates in place. Now working on the chains and brackets to keep the grates from being lifted from the outside. Have the 6 foot fence being installed now along with a pergola. Need to talk to my landscaper about sprinklers and landscape design next.  More money ... I hate moving ...  Mad

Hope we get this done in a timely manner ...  "I hate moving" ... did I mention that ? ...  Mad

strong eagle

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Another Move From Hell.   January 3rd 2018, 6:54 am

the government moved us a couple of times from one reservation to another. they contracted it out and we had no problems at all. the movers was good at their work. i lift in the gym but no more lifting furniture for me. we may sell out here in a year and move up to the black hills. if we do, it will be done by a moving company. i want a small house back in a canyon with a small yard. getting too much to take care of where i am now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Move From Hell.   

Back to top Go down

Another Move From Hell.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: