Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Lyman flintlock breech troubles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Lyman flintlock breech troubles Empty
PostSubject: Lyman flintlock breech troubles   Lyman flintlock breech troubles EmptyJanuary 23rd 2018, 10:50 am

From a fellow on facebook:

A friend was having trouble with a new Lyman miss firing,we put a new RMC touch hole liner in, helped a little, drilled the touch hole with a # 52 drill help even more but it just wasn't right. I decided to use a modified breech scraper in the Patented Breech and found a small piece/burr from the threading of the touch hole was down in the patented breech blocking the powder from getting to the touch hole.Got the metal piece out after a little working it back and forth to get it to come lose,and now the gun fires fast every time.So if anyone is having trouble,I would look into this.Just a case of poor workmanship on the part of Lyman.
Lyman flintlock breech troubles 26907510
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Lyman flintlock breech troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyman flintlock breech troubles   Lyman flintlock breech troubles EmptyJanuary 23rd 2018, 11:48 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
From a fellow on facebook:

Just a case of poor workmanship on the part of Lyman.

No surprise there.  No

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down

Lyman flintlock breech troubles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: