Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. Empty
PostSubject: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 23rd 2018, 12:13 pm

It was a short hunt on Saturday. We erected a pop-up blind, covered it with shrubbery and sat inside watching a couple of paths that crossed. Saw a big buck with broken beam and tine ends who offered no shot. About 1 1/2 hrs. later a small buck walked out about 80 yards away. My granddaughter shot and missed but the buck just turned the other way and stopped. She shot again and dropped him. After 5-10 seconds he got up and ran off.

I got my dog from the truck and we walked down there about 30 minutes later. The buck had only gone another 20 yards and piled up. I took photos and smeared the obligatory blood on her cheek and then gutted and skinned him with the boom and winch in the receiver hitch. She was real happy.

Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. Klee_s11

Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. Klee_s10

Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. Klee_s12

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1546
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 24th 2018, 11:27 am

Congrats to the young lady on her deer.  Congrats to Grandpa too.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 24th 2018, 3:14 pm

Thanks Falcon. She was real nervous about the shots but happy as can be about getting the deer.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2065
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 9:25 am

Congrats to your granddaughter!!!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 8:04 pm

Bob, I love the memories you are generating for your grandkids. They are very lucky and will remember you fondly for all their days. Well done, you.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
John Neslen

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 26th 2018, 9:09 am

Congrats to both of you. I bet granddad had a big smile too.

John
Back to top Go down
JLBSparks

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 26th 2018, 5:53 pm

OUTSTANDING!!

-Joe
Back to top Go down
rebs

Male Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2017-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 27th 2018, 8:17 am

Congratulations to you both, you guys had a great hunt.
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 27th 2018, 4:29 pm

Hey Grandpa, any "tips" for me so I can put a on a big smile and get some blood on my check like your granddaughter!  Very Happy

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 27th 2018, 5:03 pm

I can put blood on your cheek, Joe, but getting deer this year has been tough. No acorns and flooded land don't feed the deer very well. 
Since I hunt public land in Florida, that means low land because all the houses and businesses are on the high ground. Hurricane Irma knocked out up to 80% of the land I usually hunt by flooding it.

A better way to get red on your cheek is to have your wife plant a big kiss there.  Wink

Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyJanuary 27th 2018, 5:07 pm

LOL!  Thanks

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.   Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time. EmptyFebruary 28th 2018, 9:41 am

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
Bob, I love the memories you are generating for your grandkids. They are very lucky and will remember you fondly for all their days. Well done, you.

Agreed KC.

Back to top Go down

Took My Granddaughter Hunting Again. She Scored This Time.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: