Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16312
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  Empty
PostSubject: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 24th 2018, 5:02 pm

While other forums have died out or are dying out, I have begun to wonder if maybe its time for this place to end as well? Less and less post, no inline shooters, traditional is doing decent when we get folks to post, just seems to me like forums have run their course and perhaps its time for me to call it quits. Hell, even our classified section has dried up.

As I look through my bookmarks, I can literally count the number of forums I have book marked on one hand, and its about to get even slimmer as 2 of the others forum rarely get used.

Is it time to back our bags?

Last edited by FrontierGander on January 29th 2018, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Turdbird

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 24th 2018, 5:45 pm

I enjoy checkin in a couple times a week. It's yours so if it is costing you money or taking time away you would rather be doing something else, then shut it down. People will go somewhere else If you enjoy doing it keep it up. Seems things are going the way of bookface and others. I have no interest in them so if all forums shut down, I guess id just read more.  Good luck with the decision.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 24th 2018, 6:31 pm

I will never go on Face Book, Twitter or whatever else comes along. This and The High Road are the only firearms forums I go on regularly. I'd hate to see you quit it Jon, and it would die an immediate death without you.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Fishunt

Fishunt

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2015-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 24th 2018, 7:23 pm

Well I came here about 5 years ago trying to figure out what kind of bullet(s) to use in Colorado for elk. Had never elk hunted anywhere. Discovered the Thor bullet and have learned a lot.

But, I admit I'm not a traditional shooter so in last several years my itch hasn't been scratched as much as it once was but I come here just about everyday and read every new post. I would miss this forum if it went away. Still learn stuff all the time and really enjoy reading about the traditional shooting but just don't have anything but the Inlines.

Don't hang it up Jon. You are an interesting and talented guy.

Glenn
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 24th 2018, 8:57 pm

Cast Boolits is a collection of a bunch of arrogant assholes in my opinion. They continually bash certain products that just because there not designed the way they think they should be there junk. The smaller forums like this one it seems like there to me is alot more guys who get along and share ideas without bashing a guy because he has a different one. Unless of course Pete shows up then its a free for all. Id miss it if it went away Jon but the ultimate decision is yours. Easy for us to say as we as members  dont need to take care of it. Id miss being able to exchange comments with my good friend RonC especially not seeing him in that great pose in his avatar pic. Al

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock

Last edited by BigAl52 on January 25th 2018, 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 24th 2018, 9:47 pm

Cast boolits has a lot of forums that most of us on here do not use. I do not need the need for single shot, shotgun, pistol and so on categories. Just use the modern shooter area for all those needs, especially since there is so little posted in the area as it is.

For starters i did some rearranging. The whole point to the sub forums was to keep the main page clean and everything in order. I've since changed that way and will go without the sub forums to see how things go.

I highly doubt this will bring any new posters though. We have a lot of members and a crap load of forum traffic, just no one willing to post much. Damn tire kickers! lol!

In truth, I guess my lack of sleep lately has caused some irritation and I am over reacting. I built this place so I personally wouldn't have to deal with jack asses and I think we all have done a great job at keeping nasty arguments off the forum unless.... that someone.... decides to show up now and then  :ROFL.

I go back to forums that I left and see an 8 page troll argument on a fellow that bought  a gun and had nothing but  trouble with it. Poor guy is getting trolled and everything by the same jack wagons that gave me crap while I was there. Just nice to have a friendly place where we can talk civil and have an at home feeling while on here.

We'll see how things go. Lately, facebook has been where all the action is. But like forums, it to will die out one day, same as Myspace.
Back to top Go down
BrownBear

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 5:03 am

I hate and refuse to use Farce Book, so a move over there would close the door for me. My participation on forums reflects the seasonality of my activities. When fishing is at the plate, I do less on shooting sites.  You can pretty well plot my life by my comings and goings on forums.  Even when the right season is on for me to participate on a particular site, I'll take breaks if the topics move to specifics that don't interest me or the posts get obnoxious to me. 

I'd miss this place if it went away, even if I'm not here all the time.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Turdbird

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 10:21 am

I like the idea of a gardening section.
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 11:45 am

I have never liked facebook and Zuckerburg or whatever his name is has some weird political ideas that don't fly for me. I don't have an account and don't ever want to be there.

GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
Back to top Go down
RhinoDave

RhinoDave

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2017-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 12:24 pm

I'm afraid I'm one of the "tire kickers" that seldom post in a forum. I visit on a regular basis and really enjoy other peoples posts. I am very reluctant to post anything as I don't regard myself as qualified to comment on many topics.  I am strictly a recreational shooter of traditional side locks and also no longer hunt. This keeps me limited to a very few topics. I hope you keep the forum going but completely understand if you choose to close it down.

FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 1:18 pm

I will add a gardening section today.
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 2:53 pm

If you consider wheel guns then I would also suggest a lever gun section. I'm sure there is some lever gun nuts here just like I am. Al

GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 3:42 pm

First, Jonathan, thank you for your efforts with this forum.
Your forum is one of the very few that I check on a regular basis. I have made several friends through the forum. That has never happened to me on any other forum.
I have learned much from people like Buck, the Colonel and from you and your rifle builds.
I have purchased several items from Dave at the Mountain Man Emporium and even bought rifles advertised on this site.
If the forum were gone, I would miss it greatly.
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 4:19 pm

Lever gun section added ( and Al, I don't believe i've ever seen you type a swear word before ) Laughing Laughing

Gardening also added.
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1556
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 5:11 pm

This is a great forum.   The site  has slowed down so let's liven it up.
Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 7:21 pm

I use this forum. I'd miss some of you old goats if it were not here. I'm rather fond of you even though I suspect that enjoying you from afar is likely a relief for my nose. LaughingLaughingLaughing

Believe it or not, I actually consider and use the information shared here. It is nice having a spot to plant a question or thought and not get assaulted by lots of strong personalities bent on proving only how right they are and how mis-guided you are. You lot generally choose to be helpful. 

I read through whatever any of you choose to post... some more carefully than others depending on my interest in the topic. 

I don't post shooting stuff anywhere else but here, but I consciously decided to back off my posting here a little while back. I had come to the conclusion that I might be posting TOO MUCH for some of you, among other reasons.

But, if you like the topics I have shared, this is the only place to get them from me. I likely won't pull up my shingle and go someplace else should Jon decide to throw in the towel. 

But, that would be a mistake on Jon's part, in my opinion. There are a lot of people who would like to have the platform he has built here and the eye balls he has gathered for this forum- whether they post or not. The time Jon has spent here has generated something of value, I believe. There are a lot of people that I know wish it was their's. It would be a shame to throw all that away.

I have sold BP guns here, bought BP guns here, and discovered new stock and supplies. I DO listen to reviews from the folks I have grown to trust on this site. Where else are you- or your advertisers- going to get that kind of positive, trusted attention from people who have grown suspicious of traditional, faceless hacks? And, from people who have deep connections to other old school shooters and shooting groups?

Yeah, letting this go would be a silly thing to do, in my opinion. Its a valuable commodity that Jon would regret letting go, once it's gone.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
Old Smoke

Old Smoke

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 8:30 pm

I read more than I post.  Unlike some of old dudes I have job that requires my attention.  That and a hot wife!!  

So, you guys keep posting.  I'll drop a thought here and there to give you someone to raise and eyebrow at.  And if I see anyone posting in the "gardening" section I'll say a prayer for you.
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 25th 2018, 8:38 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
Lever gun section added ( and Al, I don't believe i've ever seen you type a swear word before ) Laughing Laughing

Gardening also added.
I know I will try to do better in the future. thanks for the Levergun section. Al

GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 26th 2018, 6:29 am

I've been a Forum Member relic Laughing  for 9 affraid years now.   As long as it's up-n-runnin', I plan to hang around. Smile
I enjoy the reads.
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 26th 2018, 7:59 am

I second that!  As long as it's up-n-runnin', I plan to hang around.  I enjoy the reads also.  I check in a couple times a day, I'm retired so I can do that.  I do pop in on other sites to read about the various points of interest and to see the craftsmanship displayed by others.   However, this is the forum that I find the most comfort with.
Jon, One request; if you decide to pack your bags, let me know.  I'll put in a quick order of "Frontier's Anti-Rust & Patch Lube".  I like the stuff! cheers

Hang in there!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 26th 2018, 8:08 am

Very eloquent and well written statement, Colonel!
You really know how to get your points across.
Thanks,
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
John Neslen

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*    Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*  EmptyJanuary 26th 2018, 9:43 am

Jonathan, stop wondering and continue on.  Very Happy You have an excellent forum and members.

Perhaps a trip to Idaho for a spring bear will make a good story and give you a lot to write about and share via video?

John
Back to top Go down

Is it time for the forum to end? *LOCKED*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: