Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 28th 2018, 4:48 pm

I bought some Accubond bullets that are "seconds". If they are accurate in my .25-06, .280. and 7-08, I want to use them for hunting. Currently, I use Nosler Partitions for hunting and I'm happy with them. These seconds are cheaper than Partitions and if they work well, I can save some money.

Opinions are welcome.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
olehunter

olehunter

Male Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 29th 2018, 8:42 am

I've used in our 25-06  , Hornady BTSP 117gr Interlock bullets and have had good results ,The bullet expands great with the base intact , The bullet has harvested deer and elk , been very happy with it ,
My 300 win mag I use Hornady BTSP 180gr Interlock , with the same results ,,
Back to top Go down
muzzle-loader

muzzle-loader

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 30th 2018, 12:54 pm

I've had good luck with the Nosler AccuBond Long Range out of my 7mm. If you're able to get the seconds, I've found that the weight can be drastically different, so just weigh the bullets and group them together and you should be good to go. I compared them to the Hornady SST and liked these a lot more. I have yet to try the ELD-X though.

Back to top Go down
http://www.muzzle-loaders.com
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 30th 2018, 3:53 pm

I loaded up 9 shells with the 110 gr Accubonds for my .25-06. I didn't pre-weigh them however. The results were so-so with the tightest 3-shot group being 1" @ 100 yards. That was with 51.0 grs. of H4831SC. 

Thanks for the tip. I'll weigh them out from now on.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10152
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 31st 2018, 7:51 am

I tried them in a Rem 700 .270 I had. I was using Partitions before trying the Accubond. At long range the Accubond was a little more accurate. I don't hunt long range though. I was interested in terminal performance.

So, I called up Nosler and asked them what would be a better choice for elk. He didn't even hesitate and said the Partition. That settled that decision.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 31st 2018, 8:26 am

I weighed the bullets last night. The majority of the "110" grain bullets weighed 109.8 or 109.9 grs. Three weighed 109.7 and nine weighed 110.0 grs.

I'm not sure why these bullets were seconds since they look pristine. I think that 0.1 grains +/- would be acceptable but 0.2 and 0.3 grs. underweight is unacceptable. It puzzles me that there would be any 110.0 gr. bullets in there at all if they were graded by weight.  scratch

Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 31st 2018, 8:35 am

Bear Claw wrote:
I tried them in a Rem 700 .270 I had. I was using Partitions before trying the Accubond. At long range the Accubond was a little more accurate. I don't hunt long range though. I was interested in terminal performance.

So, I called up Nosler and asked them what would be a better choice for elk. He didn't even hesitate and said the Partition. That settled that decision.

I have never been unhappy with the performance of any Nosler Partition bullet. I have been using them since the mid-70s and have never lost an animal due to bullet failure. Once, I thought the bullet had mushroomed too soon when the deer I shot had an entrance hole the size of a lemon. But I looked at the line the bullet followed on the way to the deer and found a shredded grape vine about 6 feet in front of the deer. The bullet hit the vine which caused it to expand prematurely.

I have only killed two elk, both at 350 yards+. Both dropped with one shot from the 140 gr. Partition that I used. I used that same combo of 7mm Mauser and 140 gr. Partition to take 13 animals in Africa over 35 years ago. It is a great bullet but expensive.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10152
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 31st 2018, 9:33 am

Yes, I used the Partition in a 30-30 for elk and was never disappointed. The only reason I tried the Accubond in the .270 was that the shop was out of Partitions.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
ElkFever

ElkFever

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   February 15th 2018, 4:36 pm

I lived about 2 miles from Nosler in Bend, OR and bought 2nds from them all the time and never had a failure. 270, 308 and 7mm-08. Nosler was the only one making 160 g for 270 and I took several deer and elk with them (all partitions)
Mike
Back to top Go down
bronko22000

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2016-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   December 31st 2018, 8:47 am

I have used both the Accubond and the Partition and IMO if you plan on shooting at the longer ranges or hunting only thin skinned game get the Accubond. If short range (200 yards and under) and penetration on heavy game is your goal then go with the Partition.
On a side note, every rifle I used Partitions in gave me less than optimal accuracy. But both Accubonds and Ballistic Tips gave great accuracy.  Every deer, both whitetail and muley, and every antelope I shot was with a .270 win and 130 Ballistic Tips. All but on dropped where it stood from literally point blank to over 400 yards.
Back to top Go down
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2018-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   December 31st 2018, 10:37 am

I have used the Accubond since they came out in 7mm.  I used to use the Partitions. I load 7mm Rem Mag with the 160 gr Accubond over 60 grain IMR4350.  It is the most accurate load in two different same caliber rifles. I have taken all kinds of game including elk and black bear in the US and larger plains game in South Africa with great performance.
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 11th 2019, 3:40 pm

Nosler Accubonds are my “Go To” Favorite bullet for Centerfire Big Game, I use them in 6.5, 7mm-08, and .308, You ever seen them BIG Swimming pools that look Pot Belly looking? We had the Top ring go bad on one years ago, and instead of Keeping it over another year we decided to Get rid of it, This thing was HUGE, 18ft across! I decided what a PERFECT Bullet trap to test a Few! I Shot Several bullets through the Side of that big pool, figuring it would “Blow Out” 7MM Rem Mag with 160 Nosler Accubonds, .500 S&W Magnum with 500 Grain Hornady XTPs, Both Just Poked perfect holes in the Side, A 12 Gauge on the other hand did it in with 1 shot Very Happy I collected the Bullets afterward, The Nosler Accubond bullets could Easily have made the Cover of a Magazine, They mushroomed back about Halfway, Just a perfect uniform Ball. I have killed several Deer with them, Along with at least 1 Elk, I have never Recovered 1 From Game. They are darn Good bullets in my opinion :tup2
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3019
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?   January 13th 2019, 5:53 pm

I have a nephew that really likes them in his 1000 yard rifle, 6.5 Creedmore.  Everything you read is usually the manufactures or one of their people, don't know who to believe other than my nephew.

AccuBond® Bullet Information
Through an exclusive bonding process that eliminates voids in the bullet core, AccuBond® couples Nosler's proven copper-alloy jacket with its special lead-alloy core. The result is a bullet that flies true, penetrates deep and retains its weight, without causing extensive barrel fouling. The unique white polymer tip resists deforming and initiates expansion on impact. Nosler's Solid Base® at the rear of the bullet acts as a platform for large diameter mushrooms.

1. Unique White Polymer Tip - Assures accuracy, smooth chambering and eliminates tip damage during recoil. 
2. Tapered Copper-Alloy Jacket - Lethal penetration and uniform expansion with maximum weight-retention and minimal barrel fouling.
3. Lead-Alloy Core - Engineered for balanced expansion.
4. Proprietary Bonding Process - Eliminates all possibility of component separation.
5. Boat-Tail Design - Boat tail configuration combines with the streamlined polymer tip for long-range performance and for easier loading.
Back to top Go down

Anyone Have Knowledge About Nosler Accubond Bullets?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Ammo & Reloading Bench-
Jump to: