Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

need help with a custer battlefield relic.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
strong eagle

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 4th 2018, 7:03 pm

a small town 12 miles west of me has a small museum. in it they have a pack saddle in very good shape with letters that prove it is the real deal that it came off of the custer battle field. it must be worth a nice piece of money. for insurance purposes what does every one here think? they also have a colt ssa black powder frame revolver 45 long colt. not from the custer battle field. not so good in shape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5596
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 4th 2018, 7:36 pm

You probably need a professional appraiser for the saddle. 

If the pistol doesn't have a proven historical pedigree, I doubt that it would be worth a large sum.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrownBear

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 5th 2018, 5:16 am

@patocazador wrote:
If the pistol doesn't have a proven historical pedigree, I doubt that it would be worth a large sum.

Agreed. Most of the value in them comes from provenance or sentiment. My dad carried a SAA 45 in a self-made holster and loop-belt as a deputy down on the Mexican border when I was a kid back in the wild and woolly 1950's. I have the leather, but he peddled the SAA when I was still too young to be in line for it.  The leather is priceless to me, next to worthless to anyone else. I'd pay a whole lot of money to stick that SAA back into its home leather, but the current owner wherever he is probably just sees it as another well worn pistola .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Neslen

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 10th 2018, 12:29 pm

I think there is something fishy here.

Remember what happened to the guy who picked up an old pair of binoculars from there and took them home? It is illegal to remove or possess anything from the site.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 10th 2018, 5:50 pm

i think your not thinking clear.send the law after the rancher who helped clean up the dead bodies, maybe you will have to dig him up to get the law after him. i just love it when someone just jumps in like you just did. when they say the internet is a open fourm, they really mean. cant wait too  tell my friend about you. wont say more as that would get me in trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Neslen

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 11th 2018, 2:15 pm

Only trying to keep someone from getting into trouble and that is all.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 11th 2018, 2:55 pm

john, do you honestly think a wood and leather pack saddle could have layed on that battle field for 100 plus years and remained in perfect shape only to be stolen in modern times. what you do apparently is troll and stir the pot to see what you can bring in. every site has them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9834
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 11th 2018, 3:58 pm

Cut it out!!!!!!!!!!!! John is not a troll. Stop looking for trouble.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 11th 2018, 6:39 pm

sorry but their was nothing in my original post that even suggested a criminal activity. nothing. so their it is and bear claw. we have enough of that on other sites, this one keeps it pretty even. im the most honest man i know and wont be called fishy by anyone any where at any time. il leave it there but what was said was said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 12th 2018, 8:10 am

If you have a problem with somebody saying something you don't like. Tell Jon or a mod. Don't call them names. John is a good guy and i'm sure meant no harm.

I would have edited your post if I could have. A mod should have, but these mods don't do a thing as a mod.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 12th 2018, 8:48 am

name the name i called him. now you joined the club of putting words in someones mouth. what am i dealing with here? 2 people who are inventing things as it goes along. stop now all of this crap, you in way over your head and ability. stop it. this is a good site, stop it now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 12th 2018, 9:49 am

@strong eagle wrote:
name the name i called him. now you joined the club of putting words in someones mouth. what am i dealing with here? 2 people who are inventing things as it goes along. stop now all of this crap, you in way over your head and ability. stop it. this is a good site, stop it now.
You called him a troll. I'm not making up anything and i'm hardly over my head. You just want to argue.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 12th 2018, 11:23 am

i yield to you sir, you are the center of the universe. when you make a false statement as he did then give no reason for that false statement, what would you call it. i call it trolling but i may be wrong. correct me if you will.  could it be a very very low IQ and low social skills, just plain that the mouth out runs the brain, stupid i dont know. let me know what it is. it is very popular to day to throw out a very negative word on something then nothing more so the people who read it fill in the blanks. i teach classes on this, you dont. i use you and him as examples in those classes. you only think you win because you can sit at the computer and tap out anything that comes to your mind. please forget it as your really starting to look like a 10 year old who has to get the last word. unless you thrive on this sort of thing and yes you are welcome to sit in on one of my classes. maybe you will learn something about your self.a conversation should be back and forth, no one should bait another unless they want to direct the conversation to something they want to talk about. troll, bait, stupid, they are all the same. i took care of not mental patients but narsistic people for 30 years off and on. the only thing you have to say is,ya but, to me and then i really have got you labeled. lets leave it alone, you are out of your element.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 12th 2018, 11:31 am

I'm a mod and it's my job to stop trouble before it starts. It's as simple as that doctor.

Thanks for the laugh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14952
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 12th 2018, 11:47 pm

Settle down boys. No need to call anyone names,especially john.

strong eagle

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    February 13th 2018, 7:10 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1857
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    Today at 2:57 pm

@OldMtnMan wrote:
Cut it out!!!!!!!!!!!! John is not a troll. Stop looking for trouble.

Agreed Pete, we both have the same job here, he needs to back off from John ....  Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    

Back to top Go down

need help with a custer battlefield relic.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: