Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

need help with a custer battlefield relic.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-04, 19:36

You probably need a professional appraiser for the saddle. 

If the pistol doesn't have a proven historical pedigree, I doubt that it would be worth a large sum.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
BrownBear

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-05, 05:16

@patocazador wrote:
If the pistol doesn't have a proven historical pedigree, I doubt that it would be worth a large sum.

Agreed. Most of the value in them comes from provenance or sentiment. My dad carried a SAA 45 in a self-made holster and loop-belt as a deputy down on the Mexican border when I was a kid back in the wild and woolly 1950's. I have the leather, but he peddled the SAA when I was still too young to be in line for it.  The leather is priceless to me, next to worthless to anyone else. I'd pay a whole lot of money to stick that SAA back into its home leather, but the current owner wherever he is probably just sees it as another well worn pistola .
Back to top Go down
John Neslen

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-10, 12:29

I think there is something fishy here.

Remember what happened to the guy who picked up an old pair of binoculars from there and took them home? It is illegal to remove or possess anything from the site.

John
Back to top Go down
John Neslen

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-11, 14:15

Only trying to keep someone from getting into trouble and that is all.

John
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-11, 15:58

Cut it out!!!!!!!!!!!! John is not a troll. Stop looking for trouble.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-12, 08:10

If you have a problem with somebody saying something you don't like. Tell Jon or a mod. Don't call them names. John is a good guy and i'm sure meant no harm.

I would have edited your post if I could have. A mod should have, but these mods don't do a thing as a mod.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-12, 09:49

@strong eagle wrote:
name the name i called him. now you joined the club of putting words in someones mouth. what am i dealing with here? 2 people who are inventing things as it goes along. stop now all of this crap, you in way over your head and ability. stop it. this is a good site, stop it now.
You called him a troll. I'm not making up anything and i'm hardly over my head. You just want to argue.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-12, 11:31

I'm a mod and it's my job to stop trouble before it starts. It's as simple as that doctor.

Thanks for the laugh.

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-12, 23:47

Settle down boys. No need to call anyone names,especially john.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-25, 14:57

@OldMtnMan wrote:
Cut it out!!!!!!!!!!!! John is not a troll. Stop looking for trouble.

Agreed Pete, we both have the same job here, he needs to back off from John ....  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
John Neslen

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-27, 11:07

My apologizes to all, looking back at strong eagles first post I am dumbfounded at my response. I completely misread the post!!  My mind is easily sidetracked and my wife tells me several times a day I have ADD. Sad 

John
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-27, 11:16

@John Neslen wrote:
 My mind is easily sidetracked and my wife tells me several times a day I have ADD. Sad 

John

Join the club. I frequently forget a word in the middle of a sentence.

Getting Medicare and free fishing & hunting licenses are the only benefits of old age.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-27, 13:03

@patocazador wrote:
@John Neslen wrote:
 My mind is easily sidetracked and my wife tells me several times a day I have ADD. Sad 

John

Join the club. I frequently forget a word in the middle of a sentence.

Getting Medicare and free fishing & hunting licenses are the only benefits of old age.
 You get free hunting licenses? Lucky! We get free fishing license but they're thinking of taking that away. Free hunting licenses would save me $130.

Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-27, 14:02

Pete, we not only get the free licenses, we get to accumulate preference points and enter tough-to-draw areas.
The hunting still sucks though. I only saw 12 deer all season while hunting. Most were out of range.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-27, 15:27

I doubt i'd see 12 bucks here in one season. Mature muleys are not easy to find when there's so much public land.

Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-27, 17:06

@OldMtnMan wrote:
I doubt i'd see 12 bucks here in one season. Mature muleys are not easy to find when there's so much public land.

Not bucks just deer. I only saw 3 bucks.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: need help with a custer battlefield relic.    need help with a custer battlefield relic.  Empty2018-02-27, 17:22

Doe tags are harder to get here than buck tags.

Back to top Go down

need help with a custer battlefield relic.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: