Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

I Like Beer

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-02-03

I Like Beer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 21st 2018, 7:24 am

@strong eagle wrote:
up in the black hill of s.dak not far from sturgis their is a winery. they make wine out of wild fruit and berries. if you ever get a chance to drink some of their red ass rhubarb made from rhubarb of course, man it is good and it is very popular. their black currant wine is really good also.
Other than the commercial PINOT GRIGIO, the only other wine I found to be very palatable was from a friend of mine who has his own small vineyard.  The particular grape was Catawba.  I don't know the Oenophile's lingo for it, so "tasty" will have to do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 1st 2018, 3:23 pm

I just like beer and don't mind trying various ones.  Dark beers are a favorite.  I like Fat Tire, ocasional Sam Adams and Yuengling if nothing on the menu is better.  Really don't care that much for most IPAs, though.  My favorites are from local "micro" breweries.  A dear friend's been making beer big time for years and his brews are usually awesome.  I do not drink beer very often or anything else, for that matter.  I take certain drugs for ra that don't go well with much drinking.

Wine.  I love good wines, reds, that is.  Certain ones are a favorite that I usually buy and really like Chianti.  I do keep some whiskey around and currently have some bourbon (Old Forester) and a bottle of rye (Ol' Overholt).  I partake of one or the other a couple times a week and a glass of wine for Sunday dinner.  I do not drink much and my days of getting a bit high are long ago in the past.  I take a drink sometimes just because I enjoy it and sometimes to help with the chronic pain I have to endure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartsusa.com
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 1st 2018, 6:17 pm

Just so you know Hanshi Fat Tire is antigun. Al

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10258
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 1st 2018, 6:27 pm

@BigAl52 wrote:
Just so you know Hanshi Fat Tire is antigun. Al
Huh?

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16225
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 1st 2018, 6:56 pm

The beer, Fat tire is anti gun. Just like Pepsi supports anti hunting groups. Got to watch what product you support when you buy the simplest thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 1st 2018, 7:20 pm

Well, I had NO idea!
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 2nd 2018, 12:14 pm

Levi's, Eddie Bauer, and a bunch of others too.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 2nd 2018, 10:36 pm

Bank of Un America to when I found this out I destroyed all of my cards on Bank of America credit cards. I called in closed my accounts one person I talked to wanted to know why I was closing my account. I told her tell your people Im closing it because there anti second amendment. She wanted to know what that was. Huh really?

GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 3rd 2018, 11:05 am

Bank of America, don't forget, has been involved in crooked practices and thievery for years.  AND, our tax money bailed them out of $$$$ trouble; along with other crooked banks, investment firms; you name it.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 13th 2018, 4:31 pm

I just read this article: Hamm's beer was voted one of top non-craft beers. Bud Light finished 13th.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-food-hamms-wins-again-20180313-story.html

I Like Beer - Page 3 42cfbc7089815d8b287a8d621566e084

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 13th 2018, 8:51 pm

From the land of sky blue waters

GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 14th 2018, 11:16 am

Ya' know; drinking a light beer is like kissing your sister through a screen door, IMHO.  If I want "water" I'll get water and not pay for it in a beer can.  Also, IMHO, Budweiser brand beers are "skunky" beers.  Never tried Hamms.
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 14th 2018, 8:56 pm

All beers are skunks Hanshi. Drink whiskey.

GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
Back to top Go down
heelerau

heelerau

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2018-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 14th 2018, 10:35 pm

Well, of US beers, I do like Millers Draught and Corona. Here in Western Australia,  it Coopers Sparkling Ale, Carlton Mid strength,  51 Lashes,  Redback !! the last two are boutique beers here in WA. Coopers is a naturally brewed beer from my home state of South Australia. And Coopers home brew, both laager and Ale. I did drink some Coors the other day, it was a bit like water ?

Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 15th 2018, 8:28 am

I do have a couple of whiskeys I like, BigAl52.  A good bourbon and a good rye are nice.  I love a good red wine, some varietals better than others, and pair them with particular meals.
Back to top Go down
ElkFever

ElkFever

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 15th 2018, 6:00 pm

Blue Moon and Jameson
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 16th 2018, 7:22 am

" the funny thing is he is of eastern european blood and all those eastern european people have a little asian blood.hes a mutt and dont even know it."

Thanks to Genghis Khan.

Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 16th 2018, 11:19 am

Remember, too, that most Europeans, Asians and a few others have from 3% to 5% Neanderthal blood.  Now THAT'S a true "mutt"!
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 16th 2018, 6:03 pm

Yep, Neanderthals had extremely thick and heavy bones,much more so than than any Homo Sapien.  They, in fact, resembled gorilla bones, though of course the gorilla is larger.  When our ancestors mated with Neanderthal, the main thing that was permanently passed on through the genes was resistance against certain diseases.  

Today, if a Neanderthal was walking down the street in modern dress, he/she might get a few glances; but otherwise they would blend in quite nicely.  Their walking gate was somewhat different from ours and apparently they couldn't run; much like an elephant can walk very fast, but they can't run, either.  On a lighter note can you imagine a male Homo Sapien being approached by a Neanderthal woman?  She might not take "no" for an answer to her romantic desires.  Dunno

It would be nice to have the powerful build but, alas, we didn't luck out.  The Neanderthal had larger brains than the Homo Sapien and were apparently just as bright.  They cared for their sick/injured, buried their dead and formed close family bonds.  Gotta love those guys!  t up
Back to top Go down
heelerau

heelerau

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2018-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I Like Beer   I Like Beer - Page 3 EmptyMarch 16th 2018, 6:35 pm

I am pretty sure that I work with at least one neanderthal, he was a sparky and is pretty bright.  His head in profile is dead on.  I suspect most of us with the strong urge to hunt have more than  a few of the genes. I include myself in this observation. 
   I do like Irish whiskey, Tullamore Dew and Jamiesons, also all the whiskeys from the Isle of Islay , love that strong smokey peat taste.

I Like Beer
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: