Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Picked up a new to me uderhammer this weekend at local gunshow!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skoger

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: Picked up a new to me uderhammer this weekend at local gunshow!   February 18th 2018, 2:07 pm

I have not gotten to shoot it, but it looks  like the underhammer action that Pecatonica sells, with a heavy, short .45 rb barrel on it, 24". Barrel looks mint, will need to make a ramrod for it, got it for a steal,$90! It has a nice black walnut stock and forearm also!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randy Johnson

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new to me uderhammer this weekend at local gunshow!   February 18th 2018, 2:25 pm

Is it a Numrich/Hopkins&Allen? If so, be aware that it probably takes an oddball nipple instead of the old standard 1/4-28. On top of that they come in two different lengths of the threaded part to account for differences in barrel wall thickness. TOW has what you need so it isn't a  problem, just something to be aware of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strong eagle

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new to me uderhammer this weekend at local gunshow!   February 18th 2018, 3:44 pm

God is with you Sam, keep us posted on how it shoots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new to me uderhammer this weekend at local gunshow!   

Back to top Go down

Picked up a new to me uderhammer this weekend at local gunshow!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: