Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Range report on new 45/70 Remington roller!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skoger

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Range report on new 45/70 Remington roller! Empty
PostSubject: Range report on new 45/70 Remington roller!   Range report on new 45/70 Remington roller! EmptyFebruary 19th 2018, 11:01 am

Yesterday evening after church, I loaded up some 350 gr cast bullets, about 15 rounds, and prepped another 60 cases. Got to shoot it this morning, light steady breeze, took 2 shots to zero the peep, at 150 yds, then I tried the open sights, they were spot on at 100yds! I  settled down, and shot 5 for score on a paper target with open sights, at 100yds, and 5 for score at 175 yds, I figured 25 yds would not make much of a difference with the peep sights, and I was correct. The 5@100 yds with open sights had all the bullet holes touching or overlapping just out of center, the 5 at 175 were under 2", looks like I found the load it likes first time out of the gate. I am using 14.6 grains of Unique pistol powder, a load I got from some guys off Cast Boolits. There is a load with unique to approximate the calvary black powder load with 405 gr slugs, shoots like a dream in my other 3 45/70's, will give it a try later, but for now I will stay with this low recoiling, sweet shooting load! I can send pics if anyone can post them for me!
Back to top Go down

Range report on new 45/70 Remington roller!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: