Share | 

Shotgun Scope?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneshot 1

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Shotgun Scope?   March 1st 2018, 4:44 pm

Ok on a Bennelli Shotgun I have given to me I'm going to mount a Cheap Red Dot Scope on for the simple fact I have trouble using the Bead. The Turkey Choke I have you can cover the pattern at 40 yards with one hand. Thinking of just using Full Choke which I've used in other Guns and Happy. Think this will work?

Got a 20Ga. was thinking of using it, I have it set up for Slugs, still Full Choke and has a Regular Vortex 3X9X40 Scope on it.

Got a White Shotgun have killed Turkeys at 60 yards with it.

Got a CVA Double Sidelock  both Barrels Modified Choke. The Birds really have to be in 20 yards.

Just thinking using the 12Ga. because it will throw more shot. I know all will kill a Turkey fine.

oneshot

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huntin_Dawg1215

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Scope?   March 4th 2018, 7:04 am

I have a red dot on my 1100,mostly use it for deer and coyotes. I like real fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skoger

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Scope?   March 5th 2018, 6:49 pm

I like scopes better, Nikon makes a fine Prostaff 2x7x32, which is made for shotguns and ML's, seems like those dang red dot sites always have a way of getting left on, and dead batterys don't work to well w
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot 1

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Scope?   March 6th 2018, 6:49 am

@skoger wrote:
I like scopes better, Nikon makes a fine Prostaff 2x7x32, which is made for shotguns and ML's, seems like those dang red dot sites always have a way of getting left on, and dead batterys don't work to well w

I had this Red Dot on my Crossbow but found it don't like Low Light. I put a regular Rifle Scope on my Crossbow and like it well.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Scope?   March 17th 2018, 4:55 pm

Have used Red Scopes on Remington 870's for years. Use to buy every 2-3/4 inch gun we could find in $150 - $200 range (everyone had to have a 3 inch gun). Change the barrel to the Remington cantilever barrel with a Red Dot scope, stamped out the 3 inch markings, have them painted with the hard flat black coating and sell them the local police departments. For the smaller departments this setup fit their needs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Scope?   

Back to top Go down

Shotgun Scope?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: