Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2013-09-09

would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2018, 7:47 am

It would be nice, but not earth shaking.
My wife and I are comfortable with our financial situation because of her management of our retirement savings. There were some tight money times and that always causes strains in the relationship, but she held to her ways in setting aside money for the future. Thank goodness that I didn't take the roll of money manager. I don't like thinking about money, reading about money, or planning about money. If I have enough for birthday and holiday presents, hobbies (within limits) with a a few bucks left over, I am satisfied.
A load of money coming in would not change much. It would let us help out our son and daughter-in-law  more, maybe paying off their mortgage. It would allow us to buy a house and property up in the mountains as a retreat (with a shooting range behind the house and an enclosed run for our Greyhounds).
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyApril 10th 2018, 11:04 am

@strong eagle wrote:
money is close to being in their pocket but they are still fighting about it.the one daughter who if she found out about it is hiding her own selfish secret that isnt a secret. she is going to get a large piece of good land. she doesnt want to share that at all but if she found out about the cash she would be after that also. its like watching a soap opera. true colors come out when money is involved.

Always has, always will - good old true colors. My grandfather spent my inheritance, family owned a 1,500 acre farm near Penn State and a small town (homes and stores) all rented out. As Pap needed money he would sell one of these places, don't think he ever had a full time job if it meant physical labor, just spent the family inheritance. New truck and cars, whatever he liked.  Damn him, I missed out on that experience ....  pale  scratch

Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyApril 10th 2018, 4:25 pm

"As Pap needed money he would sell one of these places, don't think he ever had a full time job if it meant physical labor, just spent the family inheritance. New truck and cars, whatever he liked."

That would just delay the sales for 2 generations until you were able to.  Wink

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyApril 10th 2018, 4:32 pm

I'm all for eliminating inheritances. If you made it, you get to spend it. Let the next generation do like you did and make their own way.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to do that. I grew up poor and never got out of the habit of not borrowing money and pinching a quarter. Therefore when I die my kids will inherit the farm, my old office building, and a couple of lots along with what money my wife doesn't spend  after I die. 

I'm sure it will ruin them since they borrow and spend like it's going out of style. They'll just blow it all in less than 10 years.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyApril 12th 2018, 11:42 am

Ok show how money is on a Marriage. Not a lot of money but last night I won $400. My wife walked up and took the money out of my hand. I told her give me $40 for the Church at least.

I was very mad about the way she did it and I told her. She give me the money back. Later I told her I didn't mind her having it but didn't like the way she did. I took $40 for the Church and $20 for me, give the rest to her I was happy.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyApril 12th 2018, 12:45 pm

@oneshot 1 wrote:
I was very mad about the way she did it and I told her..............

oneshot

How long did it take the crowd where you were to stop laughing ???   cyclops   cheers   lol!   That's the hardest part the next time you see your friends and they remind you of what she did.   :Hide

Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyApril 13th 2018, 11:35 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
@oneshot 1 wrote:
I was very mad about the way she did it and I told her..............

oneshot

How long did it take the crowd where you were to stop laughing ???   cyclops   cheers   lol!   That's the hardest part the next time you see your friends and they remind you of what she did.   :Hide

I don't know I was focused on her. She should know by now. I gave away a bunch of money one time over 30 years ago because of her.

Her mom got mad at me there one time because she didn't win.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyApril 13th 2018, 2:42 pm

Women just don't understand how guys work ...........   Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Rolling Eyes   No

Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyApril 14th 2018, 1:08 pm

It would help us immensely!  No problemo.  Yep, earn what you can and be satisfied.  I grew up poor and had nothing as a child.  But, I'm happy to say that I kept most of it.  Dunno
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartsusa.com
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyMay 24th 2018, 8:06 pm

Ok unexpectantly finding out. This woman asked my wife if she could borrow $500? My wife said yea right! The woman said you don't know? What? Your Husband is wealthy.

I went to my wife right off I knew she knew I could buy any Boat I wanted. Ongoing Joke with us last couple months. She said a Boat would be a waste of money because I would only use it a couple times a year.

So now my wife knows. I'm still me. I told her I will be happy with a New Pair of Work Boots and couple pair of Bibs. She says can we have work done on the House? Yes go ahead. Crazy woman came up with more stuff than original but that is ok.

We shall see.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16225
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyMay 24th 2018, 9:36 pm

I agree, boats and campers. huge waste of money unless you get them cheap lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyMay 25th 2018, 6:06 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
I agree, boats and campers. huge waste of money unless you get them cheap lol.

Yes we've considered Camper because mainly of Bed Bugs but we have our Tent and enjoy it unless it is way too Hot or Cold.

We had a couple of Campers and I sold them. We now have our House and a Cabin 75 miles away on a Major Lake actually it is by 3 Lakes plus around 100K acres of Public Hunting Land. Have considered buying Hunting property but with our age and my health decided against it. 

We have went on Hunting trips using our Tent and enjoyed it. We was thinking going into Bear Country and my wife is worried about using the Tent, I'm not sure if this is a Concern? 

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Hanshi

Hanshi

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyMay 25th 2018, 10:45 am

Not to side track this very interesting discussion but some of us are blessed. Shocked

Long ago I came into a large amount of poverty; and the great thing is that NO ONE comes to my door wanting a share.  lol!

All seriousness aside, looking more and more like we'll be moving to Maine sooner rather than later.  I'm decades past tent camping & hiking but sure do look forward to a bit of hunting up there.  And black bears don't worry me; I still laugh about that fat blacky that walked right up in front of our faces - friend and I sat together on the ground looking for deer - just to say "HOWDY".  affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartsusa.com
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyMay 25th 2018, 1:33 pm

I asked my wife if she wanted to pay off our Bills? she said why they will all be paid off this year as is.

She just started Full Time on her Job and likes it because 10% of the time is a Major Adrenalin rush. Today was her Birthday and day off but she still went in for 3 hours to do some computer work.

Had a Cute Young Blonde all of a sudden very interested in me. Like I told my wife I'm 65 years old and not stupid.

Oh well she knows after 35 years, so far all the same.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyMay 25th 2018, 1:40 pm

@Hanshi wrote:
Not to side track this very interesting discussion but some of us are blessed. Shocked

Long ago I came into a large amount of poverty; and the great thing is that NO ONE comes to my door wanting a share.  lol!

All seriousness aside, looking more and more like we'll be moving to Maine sooner rather than later.  I'm decades past tent camping & hiking but sure do look forward to a bit of hunting up there.  And black bears don't worry me; I still laugh about that fat blacky that walked right up in front of our faces - friend and I sat together on the ground looking for deer - just to say "HOWDY".  affraid

Poverty when I was young remember being in Bed, Rats run across the Bed, jump out, step on Roaches. And had to steal food.

Was up in Maine back in '85. Like it, I also like Minnesota.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

PostSubject: Re: would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?   would a lot of money be hard on your marriage? - Page 2 EmptyMay 25th 2018, 1:54 pm

Back in the early '80's me and my Ex wife sold a Farm and moved to town because she decided to party more. 9 years before that, we worked and worked the Farm all was cool.

Moved to town our Babysitting and Bar Bill ran at least $400 a week. All this stupidity mess up our Marriage. Told her it had to quit. She didn't want to so I left. Far as I'm concerned I'm happy and so is she.

oneshot
Back to top Go down

would a lot of money be hard on your marriage?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: